Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Fabio Carvalho on loan

16 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Rather him go elsewhere, rather than taking minutes from our youngsters. Not keen on developing players for Liverpool's gain 

I agree entirely.

Firstly we're doing ok as we are but if we do recruit, firstly it should be in a position we are short in. We don't need yet another winger or someone that can bit part a number 8 position.

Secondly, if it's a loan, preference surely must be for a player that we have a good chance of signing at the end of it if it's obvious they're Premiership ready.

This lad would be merely a project for Liverpool who potentially, even if crap in the Championship, we'd perhaps be beholden to give him game time over one of our own prospects. 

Mavidivi, Akgun, Fatawu, Mcateer, Wanda and Albrighton are all players that can do a job on the wings, do we really need another? 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The wingers we've got are awesome, but need genuine competition. 

How far clear of the competition are we thus far? Are we noticeably weak in this position? Bearing in mind money available and lack of squad places, are there not more pressing areas for concern? 

14 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Rather him go elsewhere, than taking minutes from our youngsters. Not keen on developing players for Liverpool's gain 

Think we’d be looking to play him centrally - one of the advanced midfield roles.

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

How far clear of the competition are we thus far? Are we noticeably weak in this position? Bearing in mind money available and lack of squad places, are there not more pressing areas for concern? 

One of Stephi or Abdul gets an injury and eere suddenly very short. Considering how much of our creativity relies on the wide men, yes, it's a priority 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

One of Stephi or Abdul gets an injury and eere suddenly very short. Considering how much of our creativity relies on the wide men, yes, it's a priority 

Mcateer, Akgun, Wanya, Albrighton could all potentially step in if fit over the next few weeks during Afcon. 

In comparison, who'd be adequate cover for KDH or Winks if injured? With Vardy currently injured, we've only got one young striker too, what would your plan there be? 

We're not that short of wingers at Championship level really are we.

Edited by volpeazzurro

28 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Mcateer, Akgun, Wanya, Albrighton could all potentially step in if fit over the next few weeks during Afcon. 

In comparison, who'd be adequate cover for KDH or Winks if injured? With Vardy currently injured, we've only got one young striker too, what would your plan there be? 

We're not that short of wingers at Championship level really are we.

Really?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Really?

Why not, he offers something quite different, he can still supply crosses into the danger area as good as anyone. Different because he doesn't need to run at players, he can do it with just a bit of space. In any case, the context of the point was that he's one of 4 alternatives as opposed to none for certain other positions. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Really?

Yes, he could work more productively with Cannon as he is a more physically able specimen, but still a ‘in case of emergency call Kevin’ type move

I disagree that Leicester won’t be perfect for carvalho. Liverpool will want to insist he gets max game time. Liverpool in return get to see a future star of theirs develop in a  high confidence winning team under the tutalige of a very good coach and surrounded by a mix of great experienced and up & coming players. We are top of the league, have the best training center around do I need to go on? We are also not directly in competition with Liverpool this season.

Going to a premier league rival is not ideal nor another championship team that’s not doing as well as us.  Leicester tick all the boxes but it’s upto kloppy the clown I guess. If offered I’m sure Enzo will take him.

let me just add I still would prefer and like one of our own to come thru like Alvez as as priority but he might not be ready yet.

On 01/01/2024 at 19:34, moore_94 said:

Saw somewhere there was clubs like Luton, Burnley and Fulham interested in him

Expect he will end up at one of those than us unfortunately

We're a more attractive proposition than the first 2 imo

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're a more attractive proposition than the first 2 imo

We are but clubs might want their players to be challenged and test them. We might be seen as a bit too easy and not much long term benefit for them, especially of they feel they have a future. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 13:11, LFEFox23 said:

As good as this kid is, Just cant see this one happening....He'll end up at a low end Prem team or even back to Fulham!

Game time at the highest level would be the priority for Pool.

I think Klopp is more savvy than that. I think the player won’t want to drop into the championship, but I think Klopp would probably advise him to consider us as an option, Maresca is well respected within the football world, and when it comes to loan players that stands for a lot. 

He's a left winger or a number 10 that in Enzo formation would see him playing on the left side behind the central striker... which means the KDH spot and the Mavididi spot.

Quality rotation for both we really could use.

What's not to like?

GERRIMIN!

• Like 2