Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

6 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

I love watching Abdul, I really do.

But I'm not sure he's going to progress to the level a lot on here think he is - Have a feeling he'll end up being a bit of a disappointment overall.

Would love to be wrong though! I mean if is decision making and end product does improve he'll end up frighteningly good.

He's done nothing to suggest he WON'T improve. I actually think he HAS got better already this season.

His directness and pace alone will tickle the toots out of defenders for years to come. If he just improves his decision making  and end product even just a little, we will have out next 50m+ sale on our hands..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Out of interest, why do you think he'll be a disappointment as you've not listed any reason other than being negative for negative sake? The kids got a huge ceiling if coached properly, rare to see a young winger play with so much confidence and take on his man without caring. Got loads of time to polish his end product.

Just a feeling as I said.

Wouldn't say it's particularly 'negative' saying I'm not sure a player will go onto be our next £60m+ sale. 

...and only a disappointment in the sense that our expectations are pretty high after his very promising start.

I'm aware that your rage knows no bounds, so I better leave it there.

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

He's done nothing to suggest he WON'T improve. I actually think he HAS got better already this season.

His directness and pace alone will tickle the toots out of defenders for years to come. If he just improves his decision making  and end product even just a little, we will have out next 50m+ sale on our hands..

Big 'if' though isn't it?

That's all I was saying really.

3 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Big 'if' though isn't it?

That's all I was saying really.

Not really. I think its a bigger IF to say  he wont improve as its not based on evidence whilst saying he will improve further is based on the evidence he  has already improved this season.

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Just a feeling as I said.

Wouldn't say it's particularly 'negative' saying I'm not sure a player will go onto be our next £60m+ sale. 

...and only a disappointment in the sense that our expectations are pretty high after his very promising start.

I'm aware that your rage knows no bounds, so I better leave it there.

Good thing it's in his power to prove you wrong, which we all hope he will do. The kid is 19 and shows astinonshing potential. He's at times been inches away from some terrific moments, but we know that there are many things that can get in the way of progressing to the next level.

Personally, i think he will be at one of the big 6 in 3 years. He seems the sort to get his head turned (im making that up) so if we complete the signing of him i expect a difficult 1st season in the Prem, and to then push on very well in the second. Then we get all the 'it was my dream to play for Chelsea' stuff. But, i think it will be a great few years before we hit that point.

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Good thing it's in his power to prove you wrong, which we all hope he will do. The kid is 19 and shows astinonshing potential. He's at times been inches away from some terrific moments, but we know that there are many things that can get in the way of progressing to the next level.

Personally, i think he will be at one of the big 6 in 3 years. He seems the sort to get his head turned (im making that up) so if we complete the signing of him i expect a difficult 1st season in the Prem, and to then push on very well in the second. Then we get all the 'it was my dream to play for Chelsea' stuff. But, i think it will be a great few years before we hit that point.

Absolutely. I already love watching him play.

So even if he doesn't reach the highest heights, it's going to be great fun having him in the team. 

...and that's all I said btw...that I wasn't sure he was going to reach the very top lol Not that he isn't going to be a good player for us. I shouldn't have used the word 'disappointment' to be fair...it's not really what I meant!

6 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Absolutely. I already love watching him play.

So even if he doesn't reach the highest heights, it's going to be great fun having him in the team. 

...and that's all I said btw...that I wasn't sure he was going to reach the very top lol Not that he isn't going to be a good player for us. I shouldn't have used the word 'disappointment' to be fair...it's not really what I meant!

Well what you actually said was you thought he as going to be a disappointment to a lot of people.. 

But at least we all agree that we are glad he is our player and he's fun to watch!

3 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Something may be happening again here

was 8/1 this morning to go Brighton now 6/4. Bookies know something we dont?

Didnt even know there was a market for players moving club. Can't imagine the bookies would let much liquidity rest on it. I probably wouldn't base too much on it being relevant. A tenner is probably enough to shift the odds. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Maybe somebody in walked into the Shepshed branch of Ladbrokes an hour or so ago and put a massive bet on it?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Someone stuck 20 quid on it. That's all that's happened there.

This won’t happen surely. KDH doesn’t want to go anywhere at the mo. The club are keeping tight lipped probably in case a stupid offer comes in otherwise they are not selling but yeh it keeps us fans a little anxious. Brighton are very thrifty but it depends on how desperate they are. Also haven’t heard about any other clubs preparing to swoop in for him so you never know.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Going nowhere folks or my name isn’t Adolf Rudolph Mezenolph. 

38 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

I love Foxestalk :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Didnt even know there was a market for players moving club. Can't imagine the bookies would let much liquidity rest on it. I probably wouldn't base too much on it being relevant. A tenner is probably enough to shift the odds. 

Suspect it's very open to 'insider trading' though!

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I love watching Abdul, I really do.

But I'm not sure he's going to progress to the level a lot on here think he is - Have a feeling he'll end up being a bit of a disappointment overall.

Would love to be wrong though! I mean if is decision making and end product does improve he'll end up frighteningly good.

It's his decision making for me   but he is 19. He makes decisions a little too slow at the moment which then messes up his end product.

Once he makes his decisions faster he's going to be frightening 

Not saying he'll be the next mahrez as such, but he took a while to to perform. I think when we go up, he'll be in and out of the team for the first half a season then smash it. (Hope anyway)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevostadium said:

Bookies probably dropped the odds so all the knee jerkers whack a few quid on think they'll make a little profit because a bookie says 'it's odds on'.

Wonder how they make so much money 🤣

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KingsX said:

This thread fizzling out instead of becoming Anxiety Fest 2024 is the best surprise of this window.

I’ll make sure I don’t promote it or I’ll induce anxiety…

…. whoops 😬 

9 hours ago, stevostadium said:

Ornstein’s next door neighbor’s daughter’s ex- boyfriend works for Corals.