Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FrankieADZ

KDH Brighton

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People have to remember transfer rumours are now a business, its fuel clicks, air time, people need stuff to talk and write about.

The majority is half truths or just made up.

Are you suggesting the 15 tweets Romano has done on Sensi wasn't just for fun :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Couldn’t agree more, I don’t believe we have a massive hole in our accounts, but I think the club are looking at being creative as to how we can create greater flexibility for the summer and increase our spending power. 

Selling KDH for anything north of £30m is reasonable business given he has scored 12 goals in his entire Leicester career, 9 of which have come this season in the championship, he has improved massively this season but at a lower level, let’s be honest we would have probably accepted £15-20m in the summer based on a very average season from him last year, so £30m + for a player who would be pure profit and effectively allow us more scope and flexibility in the summer to spend £100m + on strengthening players that are an ideal fit for how Enzo wants us to play. 

If we accepted an offer now and banked the money to spend in the summer, who do you think would play in KDH's position from now until the end of the season? And are you confident they'd be good enough?

34 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

That is negotiation, we are offered £20m and we say £40m, we will to and fro until we end up somewhere north of £30m + some add ons and then I think we will accept. 

Brighton will not pay anywhere near what we want, I'd be very very surprised if they did, look at the record buys, younger than KDH with alot more resale value(KDH will be 26 in September)

doesnt fit the way Brighton work in the transfer market atm in spending £30/40mil on KDH, and for me, KDH is no better than what they have there already atm

also the more ITK journos who are most midlands based suggest we want a fee nearer the Barnes one, none of them will pay that. 

there are so many parts in this that for me suggest Brighton where just chancing their arm

also rumours he doesnt want to go anyway sooooo

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we accepted an offer now and banked the money to spend in the summer, who do you think would play in KDH's position from now until the end of the season? And are you confident they'd be good enough?

A) don’t think wilf is really out till April 

b)  we wouldn’t sell unless we got a loan or two in 

and we don’t need to get 107 points to be promoted 

(and I don’t think he goes this window) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Couldn’t agree more, I don’t believe we have a massive hole in our accounts, but I think the club are looking at being creative as to how we can create greater flexibility for the summer and increase our spending power. 

Selling KDH for anything north of £30m is reasonable business given he has scored 12 goals in his entire Leicester career, 9 of which have come this season in the championship, he has improved massively this season but at a lower level, let’s be honest we would have probably accepted £15-20m in the summer based on a very average season from him last year, so £30m + for a player who would be pure profit and effectively allow us more scope and flexibility in the summer to spend £100m + on strengthening players that are an ideal fit for how Enzo wants us to play. 

You have mentioned scope for next season again, but we may blow it all  if we sell him now.  For us at the moment, the deal is all about getting promoted so lets not risk screwing this up and pee of Enzo.   If we get promoted and we have players out of contract, the landscape will be there for the much needed recruitment.

Edited by mozartfox

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yunus. We wouldn’t be replacing KDH stats in two days. Southampton, Ipswich and Leeds must be collectively praying our board let this happen. 

• Like 1

The fanbase will be fuming if he goes right now.  

We're in a fantastic position, we see this through, make promotion as easy as possible to achieve, and then reassess in the summer once the out of contract players have cleared the decks.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I haven’t said that, I said selling KDH gives us greater flexibility in the market in the summer, if we do sell him I am pretty sure we have a loan signing ready to go for the remainder of the season, as we did in the summer with McAtee when the rumour was KDH was off to Fulham. 

If and a massive big if, the club decide to sell then I am sure there will be sensible reasons and contingencies in place, our summer business has given me a warmer feeling that we are getting our act together, however we continue to be hamstrung largely by the out of contract players in the summer not moving on and also our inability to move on the out of favour players from last couple of seasons in  prem due to the need to recoup large proportions of our initial outlay for FFP purposes. 

I think the summer will give us another opportunity to further clear the decks and also another year of amortisation should make it easier to move on some of the fringe players. 

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I haven’t said that, I said selling KDH gives us greater flexibility in the market in the summer, if we do sell him I am pretty sure we have a loan signing ready to go for the remainder of the season, as we did in the summer with McAtee when the rumour was KDH was off to Fulham. 

If and a massive big if, the club decide to sell then I am sure there will be sensible reasons and contingencies in place, our summer business has given me a warmer feeling that we are getting our act together, however we continue to be hamstrung largely by the out of contract players in the summer not moving on and also our inability to move on the out of favour players from last couple of seasons in  prem due to the need to recoup large proportions of our initial outlay for FFP purposes. 

I think the summer will give us another opportunity to further clear the decks and also another year of amortisation should make it easier to move on some of the fringe players. 

I think this is what it comes down to. Some people seem very confident that if we sold KDH now we'd be able to replace him with somebody of comparable quality, either on loan or on a permanent deal. However, nobody seems to know who this mysterious quality player is or why his club will permit him to leave just before the window shuts.

Personally, I'd prefer us to keep the known quality we get from KDH - if we do, I've no doubt that we'll get promoted. I can't have the same level of confidence in an unknown player who - if he's a loan from a PL club - would likely be completely unproven anyway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can I just point out that if we were tens of millions short of meeting some FFP threshold and knew we'd be punished heavily at the end of the season - we wouldn't have spent considerable wedge on Coady, Winks, Mavididi or have a compulsory purchase agreement for nearly twenty million for Fatawu alone. lol

We didn't go "OK guys we can sign those players but only if we sell a home grown player in January for £30m+, we've got no idea if that's possible but hey let's just spend a load of money now and chance it I'm sure it'll be fine, I know we're the club that got relegated because we were too pragmatic and cautious to spend and break FFP rules but fvck it let's now just do the complete opposite for a laugh."

Some of you take the "lul dis club run by morons" shit way too far. 

^ before people jump the gun with things on FFP etc

we dont need to sell unless we want to BUY a player, loan is fine, 

all in all if you think of Brighton when it comes to transfers, they get them done quick, Barco one this month, a couple of rumours, then WHAM, its a done deal, they dont like bidding wars, they want to get their business done quick etc and look at the next targets.

there was something on Sky or TNT speaking on how Brighton work with transfers/new managers and Tony Bloom's company, they are always changing targets etc and always have a list, like they already have a number of names already to replace De Zebri if he goes

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think this is what it comes down to. Some people seem very confident that if we sold KDH now we'd be able to replace him with somebody of comparable quality, either on loan or on a permanent deal. However, nobody seems to know who this mysterious quality player is or why his club will permit him to leave just before the window shuts.

Personally, I'd prefer us to keep the known quality we get from KDH - if we do, I've no doubt that we'll get promoted. I can't have the same level of confidence in an unknown player who - if he's a loan from a PL club - would likely be completely unproven anyway.

I don’t want us to sell KDH, however I understand the reasons we may be prepared to entertain the idea. FFP is a minefield in terms of not only staying compliant but also in giving yourself flexibility and scope in the market for the summer window. 

It is not my job to name who comes into replace him, the club will have a far better idea and view as to who is available, who isn’t, who would be happy to join us and most importantly the profile and type of player Enzo wants in. 

Not too sure many had Mads, Mavididi, Fatawu or Yunus on their list of players to come in prior to us being linked. 

If I had a choice between flexibility in the market in the summer or keeping KDH, I'd keep KDH.  Better to have a known and reliable player on the books than the flexibility to bring in one or two unproven players with £30 million.

The level of risk is increased.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not a chance. £30m is way too low. Plus, KDH apparently doesn't want the move anyway, so any discussion of the fee is pretty academic.

Based on what? Other than twisting our arm to get it done. The guy has had a decent championship season and didn't exactly pull up that many trees in the premier league. 

• Like 3

Tottenham are looking at Conor Gallagher but I think he will be £50m + given they are clearly in the market for that type of midfielder, I do  wonder if Spurs end up having a look at KDH as he will be £15-20m cheaper, plus a chance to link back up with is best mate Madders. 

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Based on what? Other than twisting our arm to get it done. The guy has had a decent championship season and didn't exactly pull up that many trees in the premier league. 

Based on how much of a risk and inconvenience it would be for us to sell our best player in this window. KDH has contributed massively to us leading this division for most of the season. Allowing him to go wouldn't necessarily mean we'd fall out of the automatic spots, but it would increase the risk of us doing so. Transfer fees are less about market value and more about a player's value to his current club at a particular time.

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Based on how much of a risk and inconvenience it would be for us to sell our best player in this window. KDH has contributed massively to us leading this division for most of the season. Allowing him to go wouldn't necessarily mean we'd fall out of the automatic spots, but it would increase the risk of us doing so. Transfer fees are less about market value and more about a player's value to his current club at a particular time.

Which would fall under twisting our arm to get it done, but people are going on like he's actually a £40m player. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The market value is what someone is willing to pay. Pricing someone out of that (saying i would only accept £40mil) doesn't mean he is valued at £40 mil.  We push it to some ridiculous level to price them out of the game, or get them when they are desperate. 

• Like 2