Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Sunderland (A) - Tuesday 5th March - 7.45pm

18 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I feel sorry for our wingers, especially Mavididi, him and Fatawu getting stick but imagine getting the ball and having a wall of opposition against you and seeing no space to pass to anyone every pissing time because we’re so slow in our attacking.

They need to work on going on the outside and using their opposite foot more often tho, don’t try and pick anyone out and just drill the ball low into the fecking box!

Also Fatawu needs to stop shooting from outside, I kno he scored a wondergoal against Bournemouth but he can’t keep completely missing the target 3-4 times a game! Needs to focus on getting it on target rather than the top bag.

Mavididi does it well, going both ways, but Fatawu is so bloody one dimensional and predictable, it's infuriating. Get it, cut I'm, curler to far post. Only trick in his locker. I don't get why he's so raved about, Mav is by far the much better player 

22 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Hes not changing the system now thats for sure

He may not have a choice soon, we are losing midfielders by the game

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Mavididi does it well, going both ways, but Fatawu is so bloody one dimensional and predictable, it's infuriating. Get it, cut I'm, curler to far post. Only trick in his locker. I don't get why he's so raved about, Mav is by far the much better player 

Both pretty average.when tight marked.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

He may not have a choice soon, we are losing midfielders by the game

Hes already shown he'd rather play people out of position and stick to the system

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Both pretty average.when tight marked.

Most wingers are except for the elite. Although he didn't score, Mavididi was much better against Leeds and created some very good chances as we were given more space.  When teams play deep against us the plan is to nullify and double up on the wingers as this is where the creativity comes from. When this happens, we need more out of the midfield players and that just didn't happen yesterday.  This is why when Ndidi is playing well we start creating different problems as their defence dont have the resources to double up on the wingers.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Ok I’ve calmed down, let’s smash these tw@s. 

I hope that's what at least 51% of us woke up thinking this morning.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Fatawu beat his man down the outside on numerous occasions yesterday, he didn’t just rely on cutting in onto his left. His dribbling was definitely not one dimensional. His final ball or shot let him down for sure though. Mavididi, for all of his step overs did look one dimensional yesterday. He tried only twice to go on the outside in the second half and got outfought both times and in general by a fullback he should’ve had in his back pocket. He cut back inside pretty much every time without attempting a dribble and then usually passed it centrally with no penetration. It’s the 2nd home game on the trot where the threat has looked on our right side with Fatawu only. Mavididi has looked a bit sulky with his body language -  low in confidence and belief. 

• Like 1

This match will tell us, whether we are up for the fight or not. Win this and this will be big boost for us mentally and hopefully give us confidence going forward. I am not thinking about if the worse happens, either way I will be behind the team, because whatever the result, there still 10 games to go and a lot could still happen!

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Mavididi has been absolutely d****it for a while now, he was beyond atrocious on Saturday and his body language stinks.

• Like 1

Rotate as much as we can and go full on for as long as we can

then Use all five subs for those who played tues and sat but need to play in this due to lack of cover 

intensiteeeeee

run them into the ground 

Edited by st albans fox

Not sure he has to tweak the system exactly just who plays where. Nacho normally plays in the 8/10 position for Nigeria, almost never an out & out striker and he did it for us in 2021. A lot of his goals came from playing behind or off Vardy with his runs giving Nacho room to play and get a shot off. It's got to be worth a shot having him in that position to give more creativity behind whichever striker he picks (personally I'd want Cannon or Jamie up there but he's probably picking Daka for the run-in by the looks of it.

And lets hope the experiment of having KDH on the right side not the left died on Saturday too. Would rather Yunus uses his weaker foot than Kiernan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen

Hamza

Coady

Nelson

Doyle

Yunus

Winks

KDH

Albrighton

Vardy

Mavididi

Shame we haven't been able to give a chance to Souttar much this season to keep him up to speed, he'd give us some more competition to stop Faes and Vestergaard getting complacent.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Shame we haven't been able to give a chance to Souttar much this season to keep him up to speed, he'd give us some more competition to stop Faes and Vestergaard getting complacent.

The purists would snigger but I guarantee you we'd have created more with him up front and Albrighton on the right in the final 20 minutes on Saturday than we did trying to lob a sausage down Gallowtree Gate. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s not like he has to come up with a whole new system. He needs to play the older heads and just tweak things a bit, mix it up. Possession is fine but step up the speed of things, be a little more direct at times. 

Been saying this all season. Times we could of hammered teams just by using a change of pace.

All we do is let teams fall back and sit waiting for us.

• Like 1

Just looking at their forum and these are well and truly in the mud. Their predicted starting XI is so far from what it was when we played them in October. There literally isn’t a better team to play right now to get back on track. Play our game well and we win comfortably. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

We do need more intensity, go for the jugular, do not rest our laurels on a 1 goal lead, that does us more harm than good.

I would take just going ahead at the minute in the league !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Just looking at their forum and these are well and truly in the mud. Their predicted starting XI is so far from what it was when we played them in October. There literally isn’t a better team to play right now to get back on track. Play our game well and we win comfortably. 

Well...thats that then. Youve scuppered us

• Like 1