Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I proposed same idea, but I keep being shot down for it, the main issue though is the big 6 would never agree to it, as they want FFP to protect their status quo.  Same with the big EU clubs as well RM, Barca etc.

Who shot you down for it? I think a lot of people would be in favour of it.

it would still massively benefit the big six too, so I can’t see them objecting to it. 

9 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

They all lived in Cheshire. If you’ve been that way you would understand why you’d rather live there as a 20 something millionaire. 

Kasper, Simpson, Drinkwater, Huth, James etc… 

Yeah I remember going up towards that way and there's some huge houses where it's known that footballers live there. 

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Speak to your cousin Ambani and see if he is willing to buy us or invest in us.

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Just had an email from a Nigerian business man that sounds like he's got some money. Let me ask

Oooh let the bidding war commence! 

• Haha 2

With outside investment we would still not be able to get around the financial constraints of FFP / PSR ?

Seems our stay in the premier league next season if we go up will be a battle from the start. Unless as soon as we get promoted their is news in the background that the club is being sold..

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Who shot you down for it? I think a lot of people would be in favour of it.

it would still massively benefit the big six too, so I can’t see them objecting to it. 

They would insist any spending cap to be linked to revenue only, as they are pretty much assured a revenue advantage.

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

With outside investment we would still not be able to get around the financial constraints of FFP / PSR ?

Seems our stay in the premier league next season if we go up will be a battle from the start. Unless as soon as we get promoted their is news in the background that the club is being sold..

Being sold or getting outside investment changes little if we want to comply with the rules. We're clearly in the process of cutting out cloth to be able to comply at some point. We just had a heck of a lot to do to get there. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

That’s not true. They still calculate allowable losses over three years - it just goes down if you spend any of that time in the Championship. The problem is that unless a club is actively planning to get relegated, there is no way for them to prepare ahead for the reduced target. 

It just seems like a really unfair way of doing it. 

If you’re relegated, then for me the EPL shouldn’t be allowed to touch you during your stay in the EFL. 

The whole thing is farcical. I’m pretty sure every team from 8th down will beach FFP over the next few years, because the net spend in the PL has been wild up until Everton got punished. They simply have to change the rules, because if 10 or so teams breach FFP, then clearly the system isn’t fit for purpose. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Being sold or getting outside investment changes little if we want to comply with the rules. We're clearly in the process of cutting out cloth to be able to comply at some point. We just had a heck of a lot to do to get there. 

I don't think KP would ever completely sell the club, but I can see them selling a portion of the club to other investors at some point. 

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They've sold 150m and have another potential 40m in the summer. Their recruitment policy has paid dividends in this respect. They'll be absolutely fine.

Their turnover or revenue is around £50m a season lower than ours prior to their big sales this close season.

Doesn't this mean their wages as a % turnover must be a massive issue for them unless they are brilliant at keeping their wages bill low as well.

I think this all spells the begging of the end of FFP in its current format. 

What will likely happen is Everton will get their 6 points back, and then the rules will change….

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They've sold 150m and have another potential 40m in the summer. Their recruitment policy has paid dividends in this respect. They'll be absolutely fine.

They’re very much teetering on the edge judging by their financial results from the other day. 

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I've long thought LCFC is an example of best practice for any sportswashers to follow.

It's amazing really and you just have to look at the reaction on here, it's all been done in plain sight.

As an aside, I'd love to know why the hospital donation was only paid 3 years after the initial pledge and after various media enquiries into why it hadn't been paid.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They’re very much teetering on the edge judging by their financial results from the other day. 

They have one of the highest net transfer spends in recent seasons. I think the summer transfer windows sales have made people forget how they have spent since the new owners came in.

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Useful explanation here: https://theathletic.com/5321912/2024/03/07/leicester-ffp-profit-loss-efl/

Looks like the EFL want to make an example of us but don’t have the legal grounds to do so. 

Interesting quote from that. I assume we would still be at the mercy of the Premier League, so wouldn’t be the end of it if we do go up: 

According to the CFRU submission, Leicester have not refuted the suggestion they could be in breach of the PSR rules, and whether the club is promoted or not, they will still face sanctions if they are found in breach for this season, although if they are promoted it would likely be just a fine.

15 minutes ago, kenny said:

Their turnover or revenue is around £50m a season lower than ours prior to their big sales this close season.

Doesn't this mean their wages as a % turnover must be a massive issue for them unless they are brilliant at keeping their wages bill low as well.

That’s a turnover or revenue of our own boosted by European football

How much would we need to get in through player sales before end of June to even have a sniff of being okay for next season? 

Would we even have the capacity to do that? And what is our likely budget to be for incoming players from July onwards whether we're in PL or not? 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How much would we need to get in through player sales before end of June to even have a sniff of being okay for next season? 

Would we even have the capacity to do that? And what is our likely budget to be for incoming players from July onwards whether we're in PL or not? 

That’s the dilemma. If we’d need to completely asset strip to comply, we may be better off just taking the hit on the points. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not thst straightforward, livramento was almost 45% to Chelsea and lavia 15%, he was bought year before also so hsd a book value 

Edited by K789
Wrong figure
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Will depend on how the 22/23 accounts look

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

At least it looks like about half the league could be getting points deductions pretty soon

There's probably enough teams to count on one hand who aren't being impacted