Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s to stop clubs living beyond their means and ultimately ending up on the scrap heap league one and beyond in administration

Of course - but the issue is that the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, etc have always spent beyond their means due to their ownership investment. They’ve had that advantage. 

And they got to the top doing this. 

And now the rules have changed and nobody else can do this anymore. 

It doesn’t make much sense to me. I would say new owners should be able to buy a club, spend whatever the fvck they want for, say, two years/4 transfer windows to challenge the cartel. 

And then, once they’ve achieved parity, have to fall in line with financial guidelines. 

Would be much fairer. 

Doesn’t much help our situation, though 

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

Feels like there is something really untoward about the whole thing. We are smashing the league, then we lose a few games and then all of sudden everyone is piling in on us about ffp breaches and points deductions. The whole thing is a sham. First the efl say we "might" breach their rules and we say get fckd we are only bound by pl rules. Now apparently we'll get a points deduction if we go up, even though we could balance the books between now and then by selling a player etc. Whole thing stinks and seems like there is an agenda against us. Feels like we are really hated by many in this country. 

Edited by jayfox26

16 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I'm afraid I didn't get a reply. Though strangely my account seems to empty. I'm writing a complaint email as we speak 

The Indians win. 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Can play "my billionaire's betting than your billionaire" all we like but they're all basically shit. No interest in the actual fabric of the game or those who care about it. Fan ownership now. 

Not strictly true - Abramovitch was a fan. 

You know what I also hate about this sport. Sheffield United sold their two highest earners and ‘best players’ before the start of the season to avoid this situation, and were subsequently mocked, laughed at and called unserious. They were basically on a hiding to nothing regardless of what they did. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bovril said:

Never been less bothered about a promotion in my life, not just because of the points deduction but for the absolute shit fest the EPL has become. 

But if we don’t get promoted we’re arguably in worse bother. I’d go as far as saying, fearing for the future existence of the club bother. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

You know what I also hate about this sport. Sheffield United sold their two highest earners and ‘best players’ before the start of the season to avoid this situation, and were subsequently mocked, laughed at and called unserious. They were basically on a hiding to nothing regardless of what they did. 

Hence the demoralising thrashings and the club handicapped so the league loses credence 

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Can play "my billionaire's betting than your billionaire" all we like but they're all basically shit. No interest in the actual fabric of the game or those who care about it. Fan ownership now. 

What just seize the assets? The value these clubs now represent make the fan ownership option extremely difficult.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Siege mentality now. Us against the world. Every win is a defeat for the twats that have tried to **** this club 

They're sat in the plush seats with the telly's about half way up the west stand on match days. 

• Haha 1

We’ve done the EFL over twice in 2004 and 2014. Here we are in 2024… but we might lose

General point club is shambles and so are the journos covering it. Thought for last 12 months no way we’d be near clearing ffp but every article about finances always clear we were not in danger. What’s the point of a journalist if they just report what club briefs them without any challenge

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They brought in 66m worth of players and sold 30m of players 

18 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

It seems we are likely to be deducted points, whichever league we are in.

Really this shouldn't impact negatively on the pitch. If anything, it could create the siege mentality in the club and within the fanbase that is sorely needed to get across the line this season.

Not if players know that they are likely to be sold. 

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Not if players know that they are likely to be sold. 

And if that's the case, they need to play well to get good moves? Not sure I get your logic at all...

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

And this on a nutshell is why FFP has failing. 

It’s going to cause the collapse of the PL on my opinion. I’m convinced elite football is heading for a world wide NFL style league akin to PES pro leagues….. and the domestic leagues will be left in ruin. 

Football is a game for the super rich now, clubs are becoming robotic play things for Sultans and multi billionaires. The very origins of the game are long forgotten about,  the reason we all fell in love with it, gone. 

Im just glad that we’re in the history books for smashing the elitism within the game, it’s probably caused it’s downfall, but we’re the football anarchists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

And if that's the case, they need to play well to get good moves? Not sure I get your logic at all...

My point is that having put all the effort into wanting to be promoted with this club, and with this group of players, to then just be sold and for the ones who stay, to have a likely points deduction is not the most motivating factor is it. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

No one is addressing the elephant in the room.

The playing staff of football clubs are paid too much money and it’s unsustainable. Give it 18 months and players will start going on strike because for the first time in recent history wages will start depreciating and not increasing with each new contract. 

This is basically what happened in Premiership rugby (albeit on a much smaller scale). Players leave for pastures new or clubs go bust. 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

My point is that having put all the effort into wanting to be promoted with this club, and with this group of players, to then just be sold and for the ones who stay, to have a likely points deduction is not the most motivating factor is it. 

I think you overestimate how much players care who they get promoted with or how. The PL is the be all and end all for players really. They'd much rather get promoted and have a points deduction, or get promoted and sold, than not get promoted at all.

Will have to agree to disagree on this one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The whole thing needs to come crashing down, either scrap any financial rules or put a salary cap in place so we're all level.

None of these will ever happen though as the big 6 will be hit hardest. The only way I can see it is if all other clubs except the big 6 get together and try to change something.

You're of course right. The obscene fantasy wages of some players is the root cause of the problems. Some realism is needed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

No one is addressing the elephant in the room.

The playing staff of football clubs are paid too much money and it’s unsustainable. Give it 18 months and players will start going on strike because for the first time in recent history wages will start depreciating and not increasing with each new contract. 

We have but then it becomes a what is rudkin actually in charge of thread