Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

24 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I think when they spent big on Daka, Soumare and Vestergaard they expected to lose a big player that summer but didn’t. Maddison’s recurring hip injury made him less likely than previously expected but I’m sure they expected interest in Youri. They keep quoting that that summer hadn’t followed the pattern of losing a big player (Drinky, Maguire, Chilwell), the difference of getting 35-40 million for Youri (stop laughing, I’m talking prime form Youri not self preservation jog around chewing and pointing avoiding exertion and injury Youri) or nothing 2 years later was pivotal in this mess.

Basically you haven’t got a clue!!,

If we go up and get a points deduction and need to sell our best players, it's likely we'd come straight back down again. So I'd sell them all take the money from the sales and the premier league, then play the kids. Have a season just making profit and also making a mockery of the premier league, which would devalue the league as well. Then we'd be back in the championship with money to spend and a year with no losses. 

I'd also sack anyone involved in us getting into this mess. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

If we go up and get a points deduction and need to sell our best players, it's likely we'd come straight back down again. So I'd sell them all take the money from the sales and the premier league, then play the kids. Have a season just making profit and also making a mockery of the premier league, which would devalue the league as well. Then we'd be back in the championship with money to spend and a year with no losses. 

I'd also sack anyone involved in us getting into this mess. 

That sound amazing mate yeah 👍🏻

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Last January's transfer business was mingin' and I'm not talking about Tete. At least his was just a smallish loan fee. If we were that close to the brink then signings should have been loans, and I can't help but mention for the 500th time in a year that we tried to wedge Jack Harrison over £100k a week and Leeds £20m on top of all this.

I've absolutely no sympathy for us. Any fan who's spent evenings gobbing off at Everton and Forest on social media recently, will you be doing the same about us if and when the time comes? I will lol.

Rodgers served up that disgusting first half of the season, first seven games especially, but further dog shit upon the World Cup return, and instead of binning him they decided to take out a loan to fund signings because he wouldn't play the players he had.

They're all a disgrace.

I wonder if the penny will finally start dropping in this fanbase about how badly we're run. We haven't become well run because we've beaten a load of sides we have five times the budget of. It's the same people.

Top's got to either sell up or finally start running the club properly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Rodgers served up that disgusting first half of the season, first seven games especially, but further dog shit upon the World Cup return, and instead of binning him they decided to take out a loan to fund signings because he wouldn't play the players he had.

They're all a disgrace.

I wonder if the penny will finally start dropping in this fanbase about how badly we're run. We haven't become well run because we've beaten a load of sides we have five times the budget of. It's the same people.

Top's got to either sell up or finally start running the club properly.

And the supporters do actually have a responsibility here. If there are not large scale protests against Rudkin, then the fans deserve everything they get. 

• Like 2

I do still firmly believe that the club should be sold. A change in ownership is needed, even if that’s a case of the club going backwards in the short term one step back to take two steps forward in the longer term.

We do need a clear impetus and vision off the pitch and we don’t have that right now. So I think it’s right the current ownership parts way with us. It will be an emotional goodbye but nothing lasts forever and we can thank them for the good times and bad times.

• Like 1

I’m sure the Foxes Trust will come out imminently and give their view of events?

I’m sure I’m right in saying they get to see the annual financial accounts before they’re published? And whilst they wouldn’t be allowed, and I wouldn’t expect them, to give detail - it’ll be interesting to know if they still have faith in the hierarchy?

34 minutes ago, Lionator said:

And the supporters do actually have a responsibility here. If there are not large scale protests against Rudkin, then the fans deserve everything they get. 

Yeah, fan protests are exactly what we need when we’re pushing for what would be the most important promotion in our history. 

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yeah, fan protests are exactly what we need when we’re pushing for what would be the most important promotion in our history. 

The manager hates Rudkin anyway, it would galvanise them if anything. The club needs liberating. 

30 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I do still firmly believe that the club should be sold. A change in ownership is needed, even if that’s a case of the club going backwards in the short term one step back to take two steps forward in the longer term.

We do need a clear impetus and vision off the pitch and we don’t have that right now. So I think it’s right the current ownership parts way with us. It will be an emotional goodbye but nothing lasts forever and we can thank them for the good times and bad times.

I agree. 

It’s clear it isn’t being run properly. But Top will never proactively seek to sell the club unless we’re on the brink of disaster. And that never lends itself well to a sale, you can’t sell a club properly during adversity.

What we need, is someone to approach the club and want to buy it. Regardless of our current problems, we’re still a good investment, we just need a consortium that a) want to be competitive b) are ruthless where needed c) have the capacity to invest where needed. 

On 06/03/2024 at 22:58, Chelmofox said:

Southampton are bobbins mate. Ipswich are fun but it’s almost gamble ball. When we are on it, we are great to watch.  Arse end of EPL most teams are just grinding results. 

39 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We seem to have forgotten the most important thing right now that we still have control over.

That is Getting behind the club and players to cheer us over the line this season starting at Hull on Saturday.  

We have to accept as fans that's all we can do right now.

With all the legal implications there is no way the club will come out and make a statement to appease the fans. 

We can slate others for not doing their jobs if and when we get found guilty of anything.

For now.....let's do our job starting on Saturday 

Well said 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Meanwhile Chelski announce a loss of 90.1 million but the Premier League will turn a blind eye to it while they go after little old Leicester City.

Chelsea have to make at least  £100m profit on sales in June 

they will be selling academy players at knock down prices to get there 

51 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree. 

It’s clear it isn’t being run properly. But Top will never proactively seek to sell the club unless we’re on the brink of disaster. And that never lends itself well to a sale, you can’t sell a club properly during adversity.

What we need, is someone to approach the club and want to buy it. Regardless of our current problems, we’re still a good investment, we just need a consortium that a) want to be competitive b) are ruthless where needed c) have the capacity to invest where needed. 

Good luck with that, this entire problem re possible points deductions stems from rules effectively banning investment 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

And you know for certain that Rudkin isn’t merely the mouthpiece for the owners?

is he allowed to make big calls without them being rubber stamped ?  None of us knows how the club works at the top level ?  

15 hours ago, bovril said:

Yeah it's ruined.

So come join us at King's Lynn FC and after 10 minutes you'll see the money and greed in a new, much more positive light. 

lol

Greasiest and greediest chairman possibly in the whole country! Haha

16 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The players being paid sums of money that make you breach rules are another reason football has become shit. 

It's getting really hard as adult in this financial climate to cheer on a bunch of millionaires kicking a football around. 

Its really this simple, theres so much money available. The fact that mid bottom half prem teams can outspend top 4 teams in Italy, Spain and Germany is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Its really this simple, theres so much money available. The fact that mid bottom half prem teams can outspend top 4 teams in Italy, Spain and Germany is ridiculous.

Yep

I think I've outgrown this mess. I can't justify getting behind it anymore. 

Add in the fact that it's not even that enjoyable down there as an experience anymore. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The irony is, there’s nothing remotely sustainable about the FFP regs. 

Across all of the EFL how many teams are on the brink of disaster? Reading are looking down a barrel of a gun, Derby were very close to not existing anymore, Wigan have become nothing as have Bolton and Portsmouth wallowing in obscurity too. 

There’s actually nothing remotely sustainable at all. 

I think our case is too complex for them to issue a points deduction, either way we could probably appeal it and likely win. 

They set a precedent by docking points of Everton, but then completely undermined the process by giving them 6 points back. That had made a complete mockery of the whole process. 

If we were given a points deduction next season, it’s likely to be 10 points, we would appeal it, and I’m almost certain it would be reduced. Because we’ve got more mitigating factors that Forest and Everton put together, both surviving at our expense and we sold a key player. 

I can’t see the PL being successful with any sanctions. But it makes me wonder if Sky have purposely reported the storey in the way that they have in an attempt to derail our season and add to the drama. Sky have made this appear a bigger issue than it is. 

of course Sky have, they do it for most stories to get clicks etc but thats the nature of the beast in this world

can imagine some of our "fans" are loving all this stuff tho about the club.....the negative nigels 

Said it earlier, Sky have an agenda against us and always favour the top clubs. I get it that they can argue that is where the biggest overseas interest etc is, and they want to maximise their ad revenue etc. The TV deal should be structured that all teams receive equal income regardless of no of appearances, or better still guaranteed equal air time thereby reducing exposure bias and creating a more equal playing field for sponsors etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Said it earlier, Sky have an agenda against us and always favour the top clubs. I get it that they can argue that is where the biggest overseas interest etc is, and they want to maximise their ad revenue etc. The TV deal should be structured that all teams receive equal income regardless of no of appearances, or better still guaranteed equal air time thereby reducing exposure bias and creating a more equal playing field for sponsors etc.

Never going to happen.

The most successful teams draw the biggest TV audience wh8ch creates the most income for Sky from advertising so why would they not put them on the most?

People want to watch the biggest games 

It would not make sense from a business point of view and they are a business at the end of the day.