Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

The sky article is literally the same as Percy’s. They’ve put together a story based on what he has said. 

Would be an absolute ****ing laugh if we announce our figures and we haven’t breached. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Would be an absolute ****ing laugh if we announce our figures and we haven’t breached. 

Yeah it would. But we aren't going to.

Expect monumental losses.

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Why do we care an ounce about posts written with 7 fingers on each hand lol 

We don't.  It's very funny though. 

This chap seems weirdly obsessed....tbf not just by us by any Midlands club.   

It's quite bizarre.

39 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

If you're still reading Mr Plopopopopolous, you should read this post too, and try and is if there's anything you want to actually refute:

Which you can't. Because it's true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah it would. But we aren't going to.

Expect monumental losses.

Won’t be monumental. The previous season was monumental at 90m 

Infact it could be a small profit - just not enough profit to avoid the 105m aggregated over the past three seasons.   Tbh, despite fofana and Maddison tfer profit income of around 70M, you’d be struggling to work out how we’d make a profit on the basis of the 90m loss the season before.  Does anyone know how we managed to lose such a huge amount of money 21/22 ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone know how we managed to lose such a huge amount of money 21/22 ? 

Went searching for the answer in this.

In short, we spent too much on players and still had covid hangover on attendance (apparently? I'm convinced we had full crowds all that season)

Interesting to see how it was reported.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12828270/leicester-city-announce-club-record-loss-of-92-5m-in-latest-accounts-for-2021-22-season

Sky Sports News senior reporter Rob Dorsett:

While the club has long-term ambitions to be able to compete with the Premier League's elite in terms of revenue, their current model remains one of buying young talent, improving the squad with good coaching and standards, and then selling some of those players on at a big profit.

I understand Leicester's owners and bosses are not concerned by the latest deficit. This is part of a wider tactical plan, and such big losses are expected to be short-lived once the Fofana sale is registered in the accounts.

Rob has certainly changed his tune today!

5 hours ago, Holly B said:

So you are saying it costs in excess of £20M to run the training ground every year ?

The losses allowed are over 3 seasons. You don't have to believe me, the accounts are available. The hugely increased running costs of the training ground and the number of staff is very much adding to the losses. 

Please be civil if you reply.

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

All I want is a club to be proud of. A club that has a long term vision, builds up from the ground, brings through talent, is sustainable. A squad of players that work hard, not ones who cost a lot in the hope they play like superstars. I want a club that looks after its fans, spends money wisely in all departments so that ticket prices for fans are reasonable/affordable (for all, not just those who can afford it). A club that provides great facilities and values the local community.

I don't want a club who chases success at all cost and ends up ruining strong foundations built up over years. Success is not something you can simply buy, it has to be earned. Unfortunately, our club is not as well run as everyone seems to think. Many mistakes have been made, by multiple people.

It would be great for the club to make a statement in the summer addressing the fans, the lifeblood of the club, explaining what has been going on. This would prevent constant speculation and division. Not holding my breathe on that though...

****ing hell brilliant 

Just now, purpleronnie said:

So we'd have been better to say screw the FFP and actually tried to stay up...

I’m sure we’ll be making this point at our hearing. We made a serious effort to bring down costs and comply with the rules, and ended up getting relegated for our trouble. In the meantime, Everton and Forest spent way more than we did and stayed up. Everton and Forest are now being punished for spending too much, but the PL also want to punish us again even though we’ve already effectively been punished once through relegation. 

The moral of the story is that it’s better to ignore the spending rules if doing so helps you to avoid relegation. If you try to comply but fall short and then get relegated anyway, they’ll come after you with a points deduction on top - except you’ll be in a much worse position to recover from it because you’ve been financially weakened by relegation. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

****ing hell brilliant 

If Rudkin had any balls he’d be sat next to Enzo at tomorrow’s press conference.

Enzo shouldn’t have to answer any questions on this situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dnewty said:

If Rudkin had any balls he’d be sat next to Enzo at tomorrow’s press conference.

Enzo shouldn’t have to answer any questions on this situation.

If they had any balls there'd be a separate part of the presser for those questions.

31 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The sky article is literally the same as Percy’s. They’ve put together a story based on what he has said. 

I think that’s possible.

It seems to me the reports coming out are being based on the clubs headline accounting figures.

But the current 3 year period in question includes the Covid seasons, which included an averaging of losses over the two years AND allowance for Covid losses, which the club reported as upwards of £50 million.

Add in the Fofana fee, less interest debt to pay (KP converting loans to shares) and further excluded costs like the training ground, women’s team and youth academy, I believe there’s scope for us to be ok for the 22/23 period.

I suspect the problem we will be facing is the next upcoming reporting period where we have less deductible expenditure we can exclude from the headline losses.

It’s also worth noting similar stories were generated about Villa who recently reported a loss of £112 million for the year - and yet no charge has come from that as yet and I don’t think they’ll get one because they’ll have sufficient expenditure that can be set aside out of that loss to bring them within limits.

If we don't get promoted, het a points deduction or anything, I'm going over yo support Forest.

I've never got over the club ditching Vicky the Vixen and the half time dancing girls at Filbo and this will be the last straw.

Would never have happened under Barrie Pierpoint!!!

If we’re guilty then fair enough but other clubs need to be treated the same. If we get 6 points deduction so be it, they’ve not got the balls to give us anymore I mean look at what they’ve done to Everton given them points back after taking them off them 🤣🤣

Clueless!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone know how we managed to lose such a huge amount of money 21/22 ? 

I think when they spent big on Daka, Soumare and Vestergaard they expected to lose a big player that summer but didn’t. Maddison’s recurring hip injury made him less likely than previously expected but I’m sure they expected interest in Youri. They keep quoting that that summer hadn’t followed the pattern of losing a big player (Drinky, Maguire, Chilwell), the difference of getting 35-40 million for Youri (stop laughing, I’m talking prime form Youri not self preservation jog around chewing and pointing avoiding exertion and injury Youri) or nothing 2 years later was pivotal in this mess.

50 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

The losses allowed are over 3 seasons. You don't have to believe me, the accounts are available. The hugely increased running costs of the training ground and the number of staff is very much adding to the losses. 

Please be civil if you reply.

Just one civil question and that is for you to answer the question I posed originally 

Edited by Holly B

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I'll support the team whether we go up, don't get a points deduction, don't need to pay a fine, win a couple more trophies and have some more European campaigns.

I'll also support the team if we're absolutely f***ed, get chucked out of the league, fold the club and have to start again in the Midland Alliance. I might even chuck in a few quid towards setting it up.

I don't mean to trivialise all this because it is a big deal. But the point I'm trying to make is, there's so much wrong with the modern game, whether we're a part of what is wrong with it or not. But the fans of the club aren't going anywhere, and will make sure it survives in one way or another. And when things have all been shaken out in the end, we'll be a club that mainly meanders between the top two divisions, with seasons of greatness and seasons of despair, just like we've always been.

🦊🦊🦊

great post. If you’ve not already, watch the highlights of the last minute Afc Wimbledon winner against franchise FC… Absolutely magnificent stuff! 

Fans are the club at the end of the day. A real shame our club staff don’t recognize this as much as they should 

• Like 1