Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

Can see a fair few clubs falling foul of this over the next year or so 

The PL is now a closed shop pretty much, the big 6 will be fine for as long as the PL exists, people bring up Man City and Chelsea but as we've seen in the past, they find loopholes and tricks to worm their way out of it 

It's always going to hit harder when it's your own club, but when I got sent the latest from a mate regarding this situation, it honestly didn't even bother me 

This may well be the straw that breaks the camels back for alot of fans, I love this club with all I have but I am truly falling out of love with football in general 

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

No one is addressing the elephant in the room.

The playing staff of football clubs are paid too much money and it’s unsustainable. Give it 18 months and players will start going on strike because for the first time in recent history wages will start depreciating and not increasing with each new contract. 

Completely agree. Everything appears to be reaching a ceiling.

It will either lead to a complete reset of the game or the inevitable Super League and its riches with a second tier domestic system.

It's a direct result of any improved TV deal in the last 10-15 years being swallowed up by increased demands for wages from players and their representatives, as well as bigger transfer fees and the like.

1 minute ago, Parker Pen said:

I can’t wait til Man City play Real Madrid for the 8th time in the Super League season is some dusty bowl in the Middle East in front of a crowd of instagramers and rich men. Only gotta look at the state of boxing when they are fighting in Saudi. It’s more of a red carpet photoshoot than a boxing event.

They will never ever take away 2015/16 from us just prevent it from ever happening again!

So true and makes it so special what we have achieved. I've always said it and stand by it, our titles mean more than any title won by the "elite" clubs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

It will either lead to a complete reset of the game or the inevitable Super League and its riches with a second tier domestic system.

I'm all for this as long as the greedy clubs leave the domestic league completely to do their 'Super League' and never come back - but I don't think that's their plan, is it?

Just now, fox in the sox said:

We can’t change our tune regarding FFP. There has been little sympathy for other clubs. If we have done wrong we have done wrong even if the rules seem stupid and are stopping the mid-size teams from competing.

We have been exclusively victims of FFP. STCC ****ed us over after winning the league and kept us "in our place". When that wasn't enough they rewrote the rules to trap every single non-"big six" club in financial chaos.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We have been exclusively victims of FFP. STCC ****ed us over after winning the league and kept us "in our place". When that wasn't enough they rewrote the rules to trap every single non-"big six" club in financial chaos.

Tbf the awful signings probably made more of an impact on progressing in the following years, than being “kept in our place”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BertFill said:

I'm all for this as long as the greedy clubs leave the domestic league completely to do their 'Super League' and never come back - but I don't think that's their plan, is it?

It would certainly be interesting to see how it all panned out.

Of course they would probably want to have their cake and eat it with some sort of competing at domestic level too.

That said, the new Champions league format is so atrocious that the super league idea seems more likely than ever. Maybe they’re doing it on purpose so it can be uefa and not a separate group of clubs that can create a super league.

• Like 1

It’s a difficult  situation for clubs of our size. Try to challenge at the top of the PL and in Europe and you end up with wages that are impossible to cope with when you start to drop down. Stay in the Championship for too long and you may never get back. The best solution financially seems to be to finish mid table in the PL every year but would you swap our amazing rollercoaster ride for being Crystal Palace?

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Tbf the awful signings probably made more of an impact on progressing in the following years, than being “kept in our place”

But all clubs make bad signings - the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal can get away with big money flops.

32 minutes ago, David Lowe said:

But all clubs make bad signings - the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal can get away with big money flops.

More how those players individually performed rather than the financial burden they carried,  those clubs you mention have average attendances of 74k and 60k and have spent years around the upper echelons of the league so have/had much more quality at their disposal to mean that flops can be written off, the strength in depth in 16/17 meant that wasn’t the case for us.

Edited by HankMarvin

10 minutes ago, David Lowe said:

Yes, but as you point out they can carry bad signings, whereas we have to get it right, almost every single time. Ultimately we made them, so it’s still on us despite the uneven playing field.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Parker Pen said:

I can’t wait til Man City play Real Madrid for the 8th time in the Super League season is some dusty bowl in the Middle East in front of a crowd of instagramers and rich men. Only gotta look at the state of boxing when they are fighting in Saudi. It’s more of a red carpet photoshoot than a boxing event.

They will never ever take away 2015/16 from us just prevent it from ever happening again!

Crowd full of sexy saudi men in thawbs, what's not to love about seeing that? Lol

Edited by Jattdogg

Thinking about it and Rob Tanner’s comments on the BSLB podcast, I suspect the club’s defence will be a form of the double jeopardy principle. The club paid the ultimate price with relegation so they shouldn’t be punished again, and if they are it should apply in that PL season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I have no idea what southamptons situation was the two previous seasons 

Last 3 is 22/23 - £87million loss, 21/22- £6million loss & 20/21- £13.7million loss 

Some on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are ****ed. Don't think people realise this. The times of finishing mid table or above in the Prem are long, long gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Some on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are ****ed. Don't think people realise this. The times of finishing mid table or above in the Prem are long, long gone.

Oh well... finishing mid table in the Prem really isn't much to get excited about anyway.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Some people need to not overreact…..

Every team in the PL who isn’t one of the “big 6” are all in the same boat.

The only time to start worrying is if we don’t go up. 

• Like 4

I quite like the Championship. I mean, fairly soon there will be no point playing in it, but still. We all knew money would ruin the game. We all knew the rich clubs would stay rich and the poor would get poorer. It’s the model all around us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Some people need to not overreact…..

Every team in the PL who isn’t one of the “big 6” are all in the same boat.

The only time to start worrying is if we don’t go up. 

Indeed if we go up our magic number will be 50 points required!....with the youth team!

• Like 1