Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

Just wait and see… all this speculating is pointless(pardon the pun) they will do something we will appeal it will still be being dealt with this time next year 

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

I do wonder the outcome if the system was tested in the courts 

I strongly believe a fan or consumer group could prove, at least not under a Tory government, that the TV deal - which underpins everything - is unlawful under competition law.

That would be the very first step to reform.

Take away their toy.

• Like 1

Surely a top barrister will argue that the domino effect of potentially being relegated because Everton & Forest achieved an old field advantage due to them breaking the rules has detrimentally affected our financial position and thus the charges should not apply. 

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are any other clubs - PL or not - actually in similar danger to us with regard to financial losses and potential points deductions? There's chat that Leeds are fvcked, and other PL clubs (Villa, Wolves). Could we see a season where several clubs next season start with points deductions? 

Could we appeal a few times to delay any actual punishment? 

Southampton are not in a good position, they posted a £87 million loss for their 22/23 records and had massive liabilities, Villa have lost £119.6 million in 22/23, apparently Wolves are losing £184,000 a day 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s to stop clubs living beyond their means and ultimately ending up on the scrap heap league one and beyond in administration

like Leeds, Wigan, Portsmouth, Coventry, Derby and Southampton in the last 15 years.

its meant to be a sustainable approach where the finances improve year on year and spending increases, as opposed to a shit or bust scenario. Unfortunately it doesn’t factor in unexpected relegation when you have had two 5th place finishes and European football in the previous 4 years, just on paper we had the 7th highest wage bill in the prem at the time of relegation and the year on year losses.

Oh yeah completely understand why it’s there.

The whole thing needs to come crashing down, either scrap any financial rules or put a salary cap in place so we're all level.

None of these will ever happen though as the big 6 will be hit hardest. The only way I can see it is if all other clubs except the big 6 get together and try to change something.

• Like 1

I was nervous about the end of the season but the feeling tonight is that I genuinely don’t care anymore. The sport and club are toxic and corrupt. What is there to love about the ‘beautiful game’?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Southampton are not in a good position, they posted a £87 million loss for their 22/23 records and had massive liabilities, Villa have lost £119.6 million in 22/23, apparently Wolves are losing £184,000 a day 

So £148m is above the yearly threshold?

Feels like a number of clubs will be feeling the affect of this in the next season or two.

Whilst it's easy to argue the current FFP system isn't fit for use, it could just be that this is the re-adjustment needed to correct bad practice across the industry.

Time to focus on our academy, investing in club infrastructure and creating a profitable transfer strategy.

• Like 1

Sky certainly seem to have an agenda against us. The way the deal is structured certainly benefits favouritism. How many times have we been their pick compared to Leeds for example this season, never mind the number of live games the so called big six get compared to the rest of the pl. Remember every appearance is mega bucks extra, so by keeping our appearance to a minimum we get less (not to mention when we are on the pundits are invariably biased to our opposition)

the whole thing is rigged

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Last January's transfer business was mingin' and I'm not talking about Tete. At least his was just a smallish loan fee. If we were that close to the brink then signings should have been loans, and I can't help but mention for the 500th time in a year that we tried to wedge Jack Harrison over £100k a week and Leeds £20m on top of all this.

I've absolutely no sympathy for us. Any fan who's spent evenings gobbing off at Everton and Forest on social media recently, will you be doing the same about us if and when the time comes? I will lol.

I agree Ric but at least we had reason for actually trying to outgrow our means. We were winning stuff. Those two clubs have not.

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Feels like a number of clubs will be feeling the affect of this in the next season or two.

Whilst it's easy to argue the current FFP system isn't fit for use, it could just be that this is the re-adjustment needed to correct bad practice across the industry.

Time to focus on our academy, investing in club infrastructure and creating a profitable transfer strategy.

Agree on your final point completely, yet some people keep moaning about Seagrave!

It's essential to the strategy of attracting younger talent and developing them. That and growing commercial revenue is the only proper and positive way to avoid the scenario of PSR hitting us again. 

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Will they take action against themselves then lol

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Leeds and Saints must be in similar situations. 

Exactly, this is so being stirred up by rival clubs to try to unnerve and distract us. Not to say there isn't a substance here, looks like we've got a major challenge but the reaction on here is what they want elsewhere within the club. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Time to focus on our academy, investing in club infrastructure and creating a profitable transfer strategy

Presumably this is why they built Seagrave.

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I imagine it goes something like

Player: "Aup, any chance of a 10k pay rise"

Exec:   "Don't see why not, just send me an email and i'll get it sorted"

Player: "Nice..."

The crazy wages are part of the problem. I don't have problem with players earning a real tasty wage but it's obvious most clubs can't afford the ridiculous sums.