Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

EFL Statement - Club has no obligation to submit and agree business plan

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Two points deductions? 

542D84D1-F571-467F-9CF1-22172B05E1B2.jpeg

We'd have to submit 23/24 by end of December so that any punishment can be concluded next season (which may also include any punishment for failing 22/23 as well)

It’s so strange, so you spend more that you should be to punish a club for that they fine you or make it so you might lose revenue.

you can’t speculate to accumulate as that would mean breaching and getting near the top 6.

Here's what I don't understand. 

We haven't recently submitted any accounts to show any change of situation (better or worse) since our 21/22 accounts submission, so why the sudden rush of news regarding this?

Surely until 22/23 is submitted, this is a complete non-story?

No smoke without fire and its obvious we will either be screwed or just scrape by, but I can't understand what's led to this week being full of stories?

Similarly, am I right that 22/23 will include both Fofana and Maddison sales? And if so, how the hell are they going to be a bad set of accounts?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Here's what I don't understand. 

We haven't recently submitted any accounts to show any change of situation (better or worse) since our 21/22 accounts submission, so why the sudden rush of news regarding this?

Surely until 22/23 is submitted, this is a complete non-story?

No smoke without fire and its obvious we will either be screwed or just scrape by, but I can't understand what's led to this week being full of stories?

Similarly, am I right that 22/23 will include both Fofana and Maddison sales? And if so, how the hell are they going to be a bad set of accounts?

Yeah it does seem like there's something afoot.

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Here's the link to this story: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/leicester-city-sale-financial-breaches-points-deduction-championship-5mh07hjfc

They're presenting it as a new development, but in reality it's just a rehash of what we already know. When we submit our accounts for 2022/23 later this month, the PL MIGHT charge us for breaking the rules IF our accounts over the past three years show we are in breach. 

Martyn Ziegler is literally the least click beauty journalist going before we all say he's full of shit as well.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Martyn Ziegler is literally the least click beauty journalist going before we all say he's full of shit as well.

Usually pretty accurate yes, but I just don't see what he's saying that we didn't already know. That 21/22 was so bad that 22/23 has to be better or we are screwed...we all know that, and more importantly the club did. Its why we only replaced Fofana with Faes.

Either we cut our cloth accordingly in 22/23 and relegation is the cost of that, or we still screwed it, got relegated and then still spent a decent amount this summer.

Something doesn't make sense about all of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I’m with you on this. No real excitement anymore, my passion for Leicester will never waiver but the rest of football just doesn’t bother me 

Exactly this. I’ll watch us whatever league we’re in or how crap we are. Obviously I’d rather we didn’t get punished but can’t bring myself to care what happens

- relegated due to our incompetence and 2 clubs in the 2 places above us cheating 

- failing champ FFP because of it 

- failing Prem ffp because of relegation and drop in revenue 

- 2x fines and points deductions 

God I love English footy 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not disagreeing, but that article does not reveal anything new. 

It seems that our hopes depend wholly on our 22/23 accounts being vastly more healthy than the entire footballing world expects them to be. I do hope we have employed some half-decent accountants and lawyers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Usually pretty accurate yes, but I just don't see what he's saying that we didn't already know. That 21/22 was so bad that 22/23 has to be better or we are screwed...we all know that, and more importantly the club did. Its why we only replaced Fofana with Faes.

Either we cut our cloth accordingly in 22/23 and relegation is the cost of that, or we still screwed it, got relegated and then still spent a decent amount this summer.

Something doesn't make sense about all of this.

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not disagreeing, but that article does not reveal anything new. 

It seems that our hopes depend wholly on our 22/23 accounts being vastly more healthy than the entire footballing world expects them to be. I do hope we have employed some half-decent accountants and lawyers.

It's not new and my point was more in response to the dismissal of the sun because its the sun, then we had the slander on percy and now Ziegler has piled in. There's definitely something up.

And now I'm speculating here, which I know is frowned upon by some posters, but it's entirely possible we changed strategy mid year last threw caution to the wind and spent cash in January which pushed us over the edge.

And as for this summer, again its possible the club thought **** it, given they'd got relegated by trying to comply and not see anyone be punished (this is pre Everton) they threw caution to the wind and spent. Only then in January did they realise its been pushed too far.

We didn't have a head of finance for a period of 6 months through the end of last season when Capper was on gardening leave as well so there's every chance we lost control of the finances.

Again speculation, (sorry, not sorry) but there's a strong chance we've ****ed it here based on all the noise.

• Haha 2

Only explanation of all the timing of this that I can come up with.

The club are leaking all this, accounts will be awful but not bad enough to break rules, makes us all feel grateful we don't get a points deduction, but we will have f all to spend in the summer.

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

The club are leaking all this, accounts will be awful but not bad enough to break rules, makes us all feel grateful we don't get a points deduction, but we will have f all to spend in the summer.

It's not coming from the club sadly mate - it's because of the appeal ruling and the efl statement that it's come to light.

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I don't think it's us, it's rival clubs - that's the suggestion in the Times article:

"Relegated clubs must still submit accounts to the Premier League for the past three seasons and some of Leicester’s rivals believe they may be in breach of the maximum £105 million spending losses."

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

I don't think it's us, it's rival clubs - that's the suggestion in the Times article:

"Relegated clubs must still submit accounts to the Premier League for the past three seasons and some of Leicester’s rivals believe they may be in breach of the maximum £105 million spending losses."

Yes you're right, as is @Chocolate Teapot

All come from external news so can't really be the club doing this....I find it all massively odd, as it isn't really news. More people realising how awful our 21/22 accounts were.