Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

9 games left

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Ive said this time and time again - there is no difference what so ever in the grand scheme of things. No one cares Brentford weren't champions when they went up, no one cares Bournemouth, Brighton, Villa and Fulham didn't go up as champions. 

It's what they did when they got up that mattered.

Either of the top 2 spots is job done. 

The importance of promotion is obvious - in that respect there is no difference between 1st and 2nd. But you’re also wrong if you think there’s zero difference between 1st and 2nd. The former is club honours and silverware. That matters in the historical record of our club. For me anyway. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Agreed. It really doesn’t matter. It doesn’t have any influence on next season. 

It’s not about next season. It’s about this season. First is better than second. Full stop. It’s the difference between silverware in the 23/24 season and no silverware. How can you say that is irrelevant? That position makes zero sense. 

The aim is to come top, the money will be very useful!

the champions receive roughly £44m and the bottom-placed team around £2.2m. The team finishing 17th, and just avoiding relegation, is set to receive around £8.8m,

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I want the title. The Leeds fans are insufferable. 

2nd would be a short term annoyance but long term is fine. Leeds can have their league, given what we’ve won over the past few years. Their manager being perpetually crap at the top level will make them certs for relegation next season anyway. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

the champions receive roughly £44m and the bottom-placed team around £2.2m. The team finishing 17th, and just avoiding relegation, is set to receive around £8.8m,

That's incorrect.

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

6 wins and a draw, I think Leeds finish on 100

Said on the other thread but I think Leeds will get around 100 and Ipswich 94-96. 

So five wins from nine games may seal promotion, we’d want seven to win the league. 

• Like 2

Have to say I was worried with that performance yesterday it was a tough watch  , I expected more we were hanging on . Yes Hull are decent , just feels our level has dropped , we need a win get the confidence and belief back . We really ought to be walking this league from 14 points ahead . 

59 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

This doesn't sound right at all

We really needed this break. I’m quietly confident that after the international break we’ll come back akin to the side that started the season so well. A fully fit first choice 11 can definitely win 6/9 and take a draw in another of our final games, which I believe will be enough for the title. 

Leeds do have a few tricky games on paper - Cov, Boro and QPR in particular aren’t easy places to go away from home, with Hull and Southampton still to play at Elland Road. I think they’ll drop 6 points in their final 9.

Ipswich have a very nasty run, and Southampton’s isn’t great either. I think we’ll be fine for autos, just about whether we can keep our heads for the title.

• Like 2

The comparison with the 2008/09 league one promotion season is a good one. Throughout February/March we went through a 12 game run where we only picked up 16 points culminating in that terrible performance at Peterborough. We then pushed on in the final few games. 

1 hour ago, demon_dog said:

I'm guessing that what you've done is googled something then copy and pasted the top result without looking at the article :D (that's the Premier league prize money it's referring to)

Somebody posted the payout a few months back and the payment structure is ridiculous. This may not be spot on as it hardly looks like an official source, but I assume this is much closer to the truth

EFL Championship Prize Money Per Position Explained | Soccerhint.com

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm guessing that what you've done is googled something then copy and pasted the top result without looking at the article :D (that's the Premier league prize money it's referring to)

Somebody posted the payout a few months back and the payment structure is ridiculous. This may not be spot on as it hardly looks like an official source, but I assume this is much closer to the truth

EFL Championship Prize Money Per Position Explained | Soccerhint.com

There is some confusing stuff online but from what I can gather , the actual prize money for finishing first or second is effectively peanuts 

Edited by st albans fox

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

It’s not about next season. It’s about this season. First is better than second. Full stop. It’s the difference between silverware in the 23/24 season and no silverware. How can you say that is irrelevant? That position makes zero sense. 

It’s irrelevant because it’s not a major trophy. 

The promotion is what matters. A trophy is nice but it doesn’t really matter. The outcome is the same. 

Edited by Stevosevic

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I’m taking it you started supporting the club after our League One days. 

Nope. I was there the day at Southend we won that league…

Great day of course and celebrated. 

But it’s not a major trophy. We’ve won bigger things and should strive to again. Second rate trophies are a platform to a higher level. 

Edited by Stevosevic

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

Aren’t we tied with Man City on seven for the most second tier titles. Would be nice to have the record as well as financial and status rewards that come with it. 

Nobody cares who’s won the second division the most times lads lol there’s no status to it and barely any financial gain compared to the team that finishes 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Aren’t we tied with Man City on seven for the most second tier titles. Would be nice to have the record as well as financial and status rewards that come with it. 

Exactly. Get that 8th title and it's not going to be beaten for a good while, I think Sunderland are next on 6 but I'm happy to be corrected.

Honestly who are we to be turning our noses up at the Championship title. Truly are turning into Leicester Hotspur. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Exactly. Get that 8th title and it's not going to be beaten for a good while, I think Sunderland are next on 6 but I'm happy to be corrected.

Honestly who are we to be turning our noses up at the Championship title. Truly are turning into Leicester Hotspur. 

Nobody is turning their noses up.

We would obviously all like to win the title as a bonus but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter too much. 

• Like 1

Promotion however it is achieved is important, but coming second wont feel much of an achievement compared to first after leading almost all season. Will feel more like we ****ed it up. 

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 3