Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

9 games left

12 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

As Southampton play all the other three it will be impossible for them all to win all their games

Pretty sure that's been taken into account and draws given in the games between the top 4, hence Leeds not hitting their max 106.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If we do something like W5 D3 L1, we'd finish on 100 points

If Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton win all their games and draw the fixtures when we all play each other that'd have a final standing of:

Leeds 104

Ipswich 103

Leicester 100

Southampton 97

Then factor in the chances of all 3 of them getting 'maximum' points...

13 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

As Southampton play all the other three it will be impossible for them all to win all their games

Yes....? Hence why I specifically said "If Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton win all their games and draw the fixtures when we all play each other that'd have a final standing of:

I don't think this team is remotely capable of staying in the EPL beyond one season so I wouldn't be upset if we did a full rebuild with lower wage players in the Championship.

Top scorer this season Vardy who couldn't score in the last 2 years in the  EPL and he is 18 months older. Ndidi is on his way out. No striker of note to take on any EPL defences. Our best player is Lurch and he was dire in the EPL being as slow as he is. I fear for next season, it will be a real horror show where we struggle with our 10 man defence to breach the half way line. 90 minute backs to the wall defending will prove very embarrassing.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I don't think this team is remotely capable of staying in the EPL beyond one season so I wouldn't be upset if we did a full rebuild with lower wage players in the Championship.

Top scorer this season Vardy who couldn't score in the last 2 years in the  EPL and he is 18 months older. Ndidi is on his way out. No striker of note to take on any EPL defences. Our best player is Lurch and he was dire in the EPL being as slow as he is. I fear for next season, it will be a real horror show where we struggle with our 10 man defence to breach the half way line. 90 minute backs to the wall defending will prove very embarrassing.

I'd rather do a full rebuild from the Premier League. Wolves have shown the way this season that it can be done on a massively reduced budget. It will just take a bit of out of the box thinking and good strategy (which reduces any optimism). Then if you get relegated you have less to fall.

• Like 3

Here are the 9 games remaining:

Bristol City (A)

Norwich (H)

Birmingham (H)

Millwall (A)

Plymouth (A)

West Brom (H)

Southampton (H)

Preston (A)

Blackburn (H)

There’s 6+ wins in there for me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I understand the pessimism but in December Leeds lost 3 out of 4. Since then they've won 10 from 11.

Wolves fans rate their DOF about as much as we do Rudkin so more cause for optimism! 

21 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Bristol City (A) - WIN

Norwich (H) - WIN

Birmingham (H) - WIN

Millwall (A) - WIN

Plymouth (A) - DRAW

West Brom (H) - LOSE

Southampton (H) - LOSE

Preston (A) - WIN

Blackburn (H) - WIN

6 wins, a draw and 2 defeats for me. 101 points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yes....? Hence why I specifically said "If Leeds, Ipswich and Southampton win all their games and draw the fixtures when we all play each other that'd have a final standing of:

is it just me or does anyone else get a touch of anxiety whenever @Les-TA-Jon posts something that shows that we're mathematically (almost) certain to finish in the top 4/avoid relegation/secure automatic promotion?

FFS, this is Leicester we're talking about!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

is it just me or does anyone else get a touch of anxiety whenever @Les-TA-Jon posts something that shows that we're mathematically (almost) certain to finish in the top 4/avoid relegation/secure automatic promotion?

FFS, this is Leicester we're talking about!

Haha - to be fair, in this instance I'm not sure I've said anything's certain. Getting to 100 points gives us a very good chance, is what I pointed out. 

Getting the 18 points required for it is another thing! 

If everyone sustains their 'previous 9 form' over the final 9 games, the table will finish up at:

Leeds 104

Leicester 98

Ipswich 97

Southampton 91

Basically it's incredibly tight! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Haha - to be fair, in this instance I'm not sure I've said anything's certain. Getting to 100 points gives us a very good chance, is what I pointed out. 

Getting the 18 points required for it is another thing! 

If everyone sustains their 'previous 9 form' over the final 9 games, the table will finish up at:

Leeds 104

Leicester 98

Ipswich 97

Southampton 91

Basically it's incredibly tight! 

We don't do the probable. We do 5000-1!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Bristol City (A)

Norwich (H)

Birmingham (H)

Millwall (A)

Plymouth (A)

West Brom (H)

Southampton (H)

Preston (A)

Blackburn (H)

3 Points

1 Point

3 Points

1 Point

1 Point

3 Points

1 Point

1 Point

3 Point

UNBEATEN!!

Just now, goose2010 said:

We have beat all 9 this season we can beat them all again. 

Soton and Norwich are very different teams now and WBA was a smash and grab but yes we should be confident we can get something from any game.

10 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Soton and Norwich are very different teams now and WBA was a smash and grab but yes we should be confident we can get something from any game.

They are different but still play the same style. 

No game will be easy and every team looks like they will have something to play for. 

It is hard to predict anything as if we come up against a team that cant go down and cant go up you would think that would be easier but realistically a team with nothing to play for could be dangerous. 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Based on this graphic :-

1. We're in the driving seat for the title because we have the points in the bag and we also have the least difficult run in of the 4 teams at the top. Even though I expect us to be in second place when we kick off our next Championship match we should on paper go on to take the title. However our form and injuries might be a big issue even against the lesser teams in the remaining games. 

2. Our superior goal difference over Southampton and Ipswich should see us get automatic promotion even if we do wobble and allow Leeds to take the title. 

3. There is a nightmare scenario where on the last day of the season, Leeds and Southampton could both only need a point to gain automatic promotion and edge us out no matter what our result is versus Blackburn. They could play out a boring 0-0 draw. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

There is a nightmare scenario where on the last day of the season, Leeds and Southampton could both only need a point to gain automatic promotion and edge us out no matter what our result is versus Blackburn. They could play out a boring 0-0 draw. 

This is almost impossible, surely. If Leeds have dropped enough points for Southampton to have caught them up, either us or Ipswich will be ahead of them. And if we've dropped so many points that Southampton are ahead of us, both Ipswich and Leeds will be ahead of us too.

There are many things to worry about, if worrying's your thing, but this isn't one of them!

My advice? Just wait and see what happens! And get behind the lads in the meantime.

Up the City!

• Like 1

I think we will make the playoffs and lose in the semi final tbh.

Quite a easy team to work out when they play the same way and if it doesn't work play the same way with different players.