Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

9 games left

I think looking at the remaining fixtures across the top 4 I'm feeling fairly confident. We should get to at least 95. WBA and Soton the two toughest, both at home. Don't think there will be any gimmies for anyone now though with teams scrapping for survival/playoffs/autos.

• Like 2

looking at the fixtures I think if we are still in the top two after the next 3 games we should be fine.  Bristol and norwich are not easy games at all, we need a  big final push now 

8 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I think looking at the remaining fixtures across the top 4 I'm feeling fairly confident. We should get to at least 95. WBA and Soton the two toughest, both at home. Don't think there will be any gimmies for anyone now though with teams scrapping for survival/playoffs/autos.

Norwich have dropped 10 points from there last 30

Edited by HankMarvin

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Norwich have dropped 10 points from there last 30

Yeh probably the next on the list of tough games after Soton and WBA, but also at home. Norwich also have Ipswich too at least.

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Think we have to win pretty much all of them. Pressure will not be turned down.

Well we don’t. 

The most points Ipswich can get is 105. 8 wins takes us to 106. 8 wins guarantees promotion.

Ipswich won’t win 9 games. We won’t need 8 wins.

How many points for the title though who knows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Two wins out of the next 3 league games should be expected. Bristol and Birmingham should be put to the sword. Norwich very tricky.

Bristol City who ended Southamptons 25 game unbeaten run and ran Ipswich away pretty close last week.

I think Bristol City is going to be a tough game.

Norwich have really picked up  and have a great chance of the play offs now, so as you say, very tricky.

We also have West Brom and Southampton at home, and Preston away could be tricky too.

Looking at the remaining games of the top 4, Leeds have got the easiest run in on paper, and likely win the league now, in my opinion.

Ourselves, Ipswich and Southampton all have some tough games to play.

If we get RIcardo back, and Ndidi back to his level, and our out of form players back in form, and there's a few, after the international break, we should be fine.

Carry on with the performances that we are currently putting in, and we will be relying on both Ipswich and Southampton messing up.

Its in our hands at the moment, we need to keep it that way!

worst case scenario is because we drop off leeds wrap up the title before the last game… and just roll over to southampton. 

Whilst we possibly have a blackburn scrapping to stay in the league 

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Well we don’t. 

The most points Ipswich can get is 105. 8 wins takes us to 106. 8 wins guarantees promotion.

Ipswich won’t win 9 games. We won’t need 8 wins.

How many points for the title though who knows. 

It won't be Ipswich. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

I don’t want us to drop our standards 

the players should all be fighting to stay on top. No sloppy seconds. Leeds will bottle it at some point. They are starting to get cocky and that will bite them in the ass. 
just wait and see. As long we keep doing the job and not lose. Need to win some games now. Today would have been nice but hull are good and tough. Our style of play needs to be played at high tempo but players are tired and so the system is vulnerable. Farce getting robbed early on is the perfect example of tiredness and complacency. 

I think 6 wins out of 9 will be enough for top 2 and take us to 100 points. Ipswich would need to win 7, and still need 2 draws to guarantee finishing above us. The championship is a crazy league but I don't see three teams hitting the 100 points mark. 

Add in Ndidi and Ricardo coming back, and we will be fine. 

• Like 2