Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

9 games left

16 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I think we will make the playoffs and lose in the semi final tbh.

Quite a easy team to work out when they play the same way and if it doesn't work play the same way with different players.

Thank you Ray O'Sunshine :thumbup:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Soton and Norwich are very different teams now and WBA was a smash and grab but yes we should be confident we can get something from any game.

Norwich was doing well and also WBA when we played them then we beat them and they went on bad run, WBA was so many games unbeaten at there place and Norwich where tipped for play offs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We def have the best run in, then I would say Leeds and Ipswich are worse than Southamptons.

Leicester

Southampton

top 2

Eh? Southampton have a ridiculously congested fixture list and play three top 6 sides (all away) while Leeds play 1 and Ipswich play none. Southampton are totally screwed. 

I say us and Leeds top 2, probably both around 100 points Ipswich’s leaky defence will hurt them. 

Edited by LeedsFox95

5 minutes ago, LeedsFox95 said:

Eh? Southampton have a ridiculously congested fixture list and play three top 6 sides (all away) while Leeds play 1 and Ipswich play none. Southampton are totally screwed. 

Southampton seem to be able to score at will, Leeds not so much and Ipswich are thread bare.

We will see I guess.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Southampton seem to be able to score at will, Leeds not so much and Ipswich are thread bare.

We will see I guess.

Leeds don’t need to score as much because they have the best defence in the league, they’ve conceded 3 goals in 2024. Southampton score a lot but concede a lot too (comparatively speaking). 

I think they’re out of the race for automatics now. 10 games in 36 days is brutal. 

Doesn’t feel good.

Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich all in good form and love to go forward.

We need to mix it up attacking wise. We are now too predictable. The best we have to help do that is Albrighton with his quick releases. He should start at RB if Ricardo is not fit or regularly come on for Mavididi.

• Haha 3

I genuinely think about 5 wins will do it, I think all 4 teams will lose games between now and the end of the season. I could see Southampton losing to Ipswich, us and Leeds which when we already have a 9 point advantage on them, will take the 4 teams to 3. Most I can see any of the 4 teams getting is 18 points more.

Scoring has become a bit of a problem. We need to rely on Vardy to produce his best on the run as the others are hit and miss.

Daka has dried up Kelchi has lost his way, Cannon to be fair is young and needs to play regularly to get up to speed.

KDH though getting chances is also not scoring. And the 2 Wingers need to do more in the attacking sense and should be scoring more themselves.

So our promotion could very likely hinge on how Jamie performs for the rest of the Season.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Scoring has become a bit of a problem. We need to rely on Vardy to produce his best on the run as the others are hit and miss.

Daka has dried up Kelchi has lost his way, Cannon to be fair is young and needs to play regularly to get up to speed.

KDH though getting chances is also not scoring. And the 2 Wingers need to do more in the attacking sense and should be scoring more themselves.

So our promotion could very likely hinge on how Jamie performs for the rest of the Season.

I think you are saying that we are simply not set up well attacking wise. We have become easy to defend against. We don’t help ourselves as we keep passing backwards to allow the opposition to settle when they are out of shape.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

On 09/03/2024 at 21:48, Out Foxed said:

has anyone won the fa cup and championship/second division in the same season?

looks like no

http://www.krysstal.com/multiple.html

On 09/03/2024 at 22:09, Number 6 said:

I think 100 points wins the league. As good as the top 4 have been, we're now at the business end of the season and slip ups will happen. There's a reason not many teams get above that 100 mark.

This isn't a typical season. I think you might be in for a shock on just how many points 3 of the 4 will get.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I think you are saying that we are simply not set up well attacking wise. We have become easy to defend against. We don’t help ourselves as we keep passing backwards to allow the opposition to settle when they are out of shape.

Yes, Looking at all our strikers individually Vardy is the only one delivering the Goals we so badly need. Daka has played well in games but isn't scoring enough.

We should be trying to create that space in behind where is pace will win out against most defenders. I think as a CF he needs to be a little more aggressive at times both in his play and with the Refs. 

Kelechi we know can play in the 8 role but he seems disinterested in games recently, Maybe he's just out of form.

Cannon is only starting out and so it's unfair to put that pressure on him, Plus he needs an extended run in any team to get up to speed.

Your right, Most teams are doubling up on our Wingers but I also think they are being exposed out wide at times without any support. They're are also working hard getting back helping out defensively. It would help if they had the inside players sticking closer to play Balls around the corner and get in behind defenders. Which is another reason they have to play a lot of Balls backwards because they don't have the support when needed.

I think Enzo could do more to help them in that he should swap them over at times in games if only to confuse the opposition. But we should also be hunting in packs. Sometimes I feel a forward pass is made and then the passer sits back as if that's my job done. We need to create space between the opposition so as there's always another pass on.

Ricardo is very good at doing that but sadly he's out injured, But that's whats needed.

A lot of it comes from showing players where they need to be in different situations in training sessions. 

I totally believe in Enzo and what he's doing but sometimes you have to put your beliefs to one side just while you get a result. As it's results that ultimately matter.

Even if that means putting Vesty up top and going long and winning off knock downs. Record Books only show results not how well you played.

For us right now, It's all about winning.  He needs to change something as he can't change the players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGoldenGod said:

This isn't a typical season. I think you might be in for a shock on just how many points 3 of the 4 will get.

I reckon 3rd around 93-95, 4th around 90. Which is ridiculous. I won't be shocked.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

We need to create space between the opposition so as there's always another pass on.

Ricardo is very good at doing that but sadly he's out injured, But that's whats needed.

This is the problem we have. If any one of Winks, Ricardo or Vestergaard are out, we can kind of muddle through defensively, but our main attacking threat is taken away, as we don't have anybody who can come in and do their job.

Hamza can defend, but he has absolutely none of Ricardo's attacking ability.

Coady is a decent defender, a good organiser and a tidy passer, but doesn't do the line-breaking passes Vestergaard can.

And god help us if Winks gets injured.

Or tired (which I think he is a bit, not unreasonably. A three week break for him might just keep our season on track.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, Looking at all our strikers individually Vardy is the only one delivering the Goals we so badly need. Daka has played well in games but isn't scoring enough.

Interestingly, Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho are all scoring at or above a goal every other game. 0.94, 0.73 and 0.52 goals per 90 respectively. Cannon not a million miles away on 0.43.

6 minutes ago, BertFill said:

This is the problem we have. If any one of Winks, Ricardo or Vestergaard are out, we can kind of muddle through defensively, but our main attacking threat is taken away, as we don't have anybody who can come in and do their job.

Hamza can defend, but he has absolutely none of Ricardo's attacking ability.

Coady is a decent defender, a good organiser and a tidy passer, but doesn't do the line-breaking passes Vestergaard can.

And god help us if Winks gets injured.

Or tired (which I think he is a bit, not unreasonably. A three week break for him might just keep our season on track.)

Yes I agree with all you say. Winks is being targetted more an more lately. The opposition midfielders are pushing in and playing closer to him closing down quickly when he receives the Ball.

We really need Ricardo back ASAP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Interestingly, Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho are all scoring at or above a goal every other game. 0.94, 0.73 and 0.52 goals per 90 respectively. Cannon not a million miles away on 0.43.

That's interesting, Vardy yes,  but I wouldn't have thought that of the others. Perhaps it was against the lesser opponents. 

Against the chasing Teams I wonder how well they've done.