Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

9 games left

5 wins, 2 draws take us to 99. That will be too much for Ipswich and Southampton. Think we could just about scrape the title with that but Leeds are on a roll and beating us twice means maybe they will edge us. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We have Saints, WBA and Norwich all at home though and I’m not sure I back us in home games right now lol 

They won't sit in a low block, a more open game is better for us than teams that put 10 behind the ball. 

Let me clarify by saying the players should still be targeting top spot is so that if they don’t achieve it won’t be for lack of trying and maybe they get 2nd so fair dues. However I just don’t think they should settle for 2nd just yet as they might not get that and end up then in the play offs. Just my weird logic 😅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

They won't sit in a low block, a more open game is better for us than teams that put 10 behind the ball. 

It is, but we have started letting too many soft goals in for my liking.

I think Faes and Justin, have both lost a bit of form.

I get why he is starting them, Justin is a better one on one defender than Doyle, and playing Coady ahead of Faes, would mean we have less pace at the back, but they can`t go on defenending like they are.

Hopefully the break will give them a bit of time to refresh and get back to the right levels again, along with a number of others who`s form has dropped off a cliff in recent weeks.

Looking at the fixtures, if we can find form again. We are capable of winning all of those games. In fact we did in all of the return fixtures.

however it doesn’t always work like that, but Ricardo and wilf are key. Vardy hopefully keeps his form.

Need KDH and/or Mav to step up again and we will be all good.

• Like 1

Everyone all of a sudden looks knackered both physically and mentally. It’s concerning, and I really would bring in Coady over Faes for his leadership. He might not be as adventurous as Faes going forward but we’ve all started concede a lot and I think this moves mitigates that as well.

Having slept on it I’m not sure we can judge too much based on that awful pitch yesterday. But how much I’d give to string 3 or 4 wins together and look confident again. 

5 minutes ago, happy85 said:

A title means nothing . Aboustle zero meaning

Errrr. Struggling to comprehend this. Would you prefer to go up second? Or first? The importance of going up is a given. There is a difference though between Champions and Runners Up. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Errrr. Struggling to comprehend this. Would you prefer to go up second? Or first? The importance of going up is a given. There is a difference though between Champions and Runners Up. 

Ive said this time and time again - there is no difference what so ever in the grand scheme of things. No one cares Brentford weren't champions when they went up, no one cares Bournemouth, Brighton, Villa and Fulham didn't go up as champions. 

It's what they did when they got up that mattered.

Either of the top 2 spots is job done. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

No one else just feeling absolute disgust at the whole club again?

Feels like April last year to me. The club management (board) are all in malaise and have consistent allowed us to be in absolute shambles of position.

I think bar Vardy the players are all bottlejob overpaid prima donnas, who I have zero faith in will deliver us promotion. 

Also think we have a manager who far overrated his ability. A championship side with Ndidi and Ricardo is farcical. 

Honestly just loathe the club at the moment. We’re playing for survival of the club effectively here and no one seems to have noticed. If we don’t go up this year, serious chance we are in league one in two years time

Edited by eblair
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ive said this time and time again - there is no difference what so ever in the grand scheme of things. No one cares Brentford weren't champions when they went up, no one cares Bournemouth, Brighton, Villa and Fulham didn't go up as champions. 

It's what they did when they got up that mattered.

Either of the top 2 spots is job done. 

Agreed. It really doesn’t matter. It doesn’t have any influence on next season. 

Not fussed at all with finishing 1st as long as we finish in the Top 2 that’s all that matters , pre season we would have all taken a top 2 finish. Playoffs was something we need to avoid at all costs because it’s a lottery.

I don't think Ndidi is fit at the moment. He was been rushed back in. Hopefully, he can rest, heal and get fit. I hope we aren't forced to play him on Sunday in the FA Cup.

Also think KDH is carrying a knock or two. He hasn't been the same since Coventry away when he was wiped out. I think he is mentally knackered too. He seems to carry the world on his shoulders. 

I'm quite positive. We've had a blip and come back and got 4 points from two tricky away games. We've rolled our sleeves up, huffed and puffed and got the job done. A rest will mentally do them a world of good.

Keep the faith!

• Like 2