Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

9 games left

17 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Nobody cares who’s won the second division the most times lads lol there’s no status to it and barely any financial gain compared to the team that finishes 2nd. 

Some people don’t but some do. Each to their own. Personality I feel that winning mentality is important. 

Financially it is not massive in comparison to parachute payments say but with PSR  it could make the difference between getting or keeping a player we want. Eg Fatawu. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

This is true. But given we had a 12 point lead, it will be a disappointment to not win 

in a sense but not really the players will get over it and move onto the next challenge, the main thing is getting promoted either in 1st or 2nd.

We should have enough to win the title but if we do come 2nd I wouldn't give a shit.

• Like 1

Isn't the money you get through promotion through the play offs more than both the Champions and Runners Up receive anyway? 

I'm guessing you make money from the ticket sales for your home leg and the merchandise you sell. Perhaps even from the Wembley visit, press interest, TV money etc. 

Bonkers if true. 

I wouldn't worry about how we get promoted until we are promoted. That said titles are nice and form our history.

If we win it I'll have a few drinks to celebrate. If we are runners up I'll have a few drinks out of relief and if we go up through the play offs I'll need many drinks to calm my nerves!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

in a sense but not really the players will get over it and move onto the next challenge, the main thing is getting promoted either in 1st or 2nd.

We should have enough to win the title but if we do come 2nd I wouldn't give a shit.

I’d take 2nd just to get out of the league, but I can’t say I wouldn’t give a shit. That’s quite a bold statement.

Playoffs would be a hard watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

The comparison with the 2008/09 league one promotion season is a good one. Throughout February/March we went through a 12 game run where we only picked up 16 points culminating in that terrible performance at Peterborough. We then pushed on in the final few games. 

Southampton at home going to be the Howard v Leeds moment?

7 hours ago, teblin said:

Looking at the fixtures, if we can find form again. We are capable of winning all of those games. In fact we did in all of the return fixtures.

however it doesn’t always work like that, but Ricardo and wilf are key. Vardy hopefully keeps his form.

Need KDH and/or Mav to step up again and we will be all good.

7 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Everyone all of a sudden looks knackered both physically and mentally. It’s concerning, and I really would bring in Coady over Faes for his leadership. He might not be as adventurous as Faes going forward but we’ve all started concede a lot and I think this moves mitigates that as well.

Having slept on it I’m not sure we can judge too much based on that awful pitch yesterday. But how much I’d give to string 3 or 4 wins together and look confident again. 

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think the problem for some of us is just how reluctant to change anything he is. The beauty of team sports is that small tweaks can make the world of difference. We’re in a position where we are playing a lot of teams who are scrapping for something, and we seem to be getting out scrapped. Sometimes if it’s not a style change it’s personal, we are lacking leadership on the pitch, times like this are ideal for turning to older heads to just calm the games down. Yesterday was chaotic, we were desperate for a leader and yet Coady is still sat on the bench. He is also making pointless subs, usually like for like, and that makes no change on the game at all. 

It’s hard to enjoy, because the stakes are so high if we fail to get promoted. It’s essentially do or bust, so there’s definitely panic starting to set in throughout the fanbase.

Panic has set in among the element of the fanbase that is predisposed to panic.  I believe the silent majority are concerned, not panicking.  There’s no denying the negative trends: more errors in defending and finishing, and a mentality seen in past collapses.  But nor denying that we sit top for a reason.

We’ve got a well timed break with time for players to rest, Enzo to coach, and key players due back.

That’s also time for Enzo to show whether he’s a rigid ideologue who will only play a narrowly defined system with players too fatigued to minimize its high inherent risk, with only the overused subset of players who fit it best.

For me more specifically, he can pull Faes for Coady.  That will shore up the mentality.  A returned Ndidi and Ricardo and a rejuvenated KdH can advance the ball through the middle, without the need for buccaneering by a 4 who lives to slash forward as an 8 but has never learned the positioning basic to his job.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Panic has set in among the element of the fanbase that is predisposed to panic.  I believe the silent majority are concerned, not panicking.  There’s no denying the negative trends: more errors in defending and finishing, and a mentality seen in past collapses.  But nor denying that we sit top for a reason.

We’ve got a well timed break with time for players to rest, Enzo to coach, and key players due back.

That’s also time for Enzo to show whether he’s a rigid ideologue who will only play a narrowly defined system with players too fatigued to minimize its high inherent risk, with only the overused subset of players who fit it best.

For me more specifically, he can pull Faes for Coady.  That will shore up the mentality.  A returned Ndidi and Ricardo and a rejuvenated KdH can advance the ball through the middle, without the need for buccaneering by a 4 who lives to slash forward as an 8 but has never learned the positioning basic to his job.

Faes has been a liability. Be it from lack of attention leading to conceding or just bloody OGs. No sign of him against Bournemouth, and we looked better for it.

Would love to see the back of him in the summer.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Faes has been a liability. Be it from lack of attention leading to conceding or just bloody OGs. No sign of him against Bournemouth, and we looked better for it.

Would love to see the back of him in the summer.

Faes had another nightmare last time out, first half anyway, and has been suspect of late. However, he was instrumental in our early season form. It’s now a case of can he return to that form or is it, as you and many others suggest, time to turn to Coady, who has previously struggled when paired with Vestergaard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Scanning through remaining games I've got:

Leicester 100

Leeds 98

Ipswich 95

Southampton 92

There's a high probability that this season will see the highest points total ever recorded by an English club which doesn't  then gain promotion.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

There's a high probability that this season will see the highest points total ever recorded by an English club which doesn't  then gain promotion.

Fulham won it in 21/22 with 90 points. Will probably end up being around 4th/5th in this season. Crazy pace set.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
23 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

9 to go, still in a great position, toughest away game left done today, enjoy the fa cup ride now. We're gonna be fine, we will win at least 6 out of the last 9, 5 at home to play. Enjoy the cup now guys and break until Easter.

Not trying to be negative but more concerned about home games than away....we sing it but do we really "always back the lads"?

5 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Nobody cares who’s won the second division the most times lads lol there’s no status to it and barely any financial gain compared to the team that finishes 2nd. 

Nonsense. Loads of people care. I certainly do.

If we're one of the clubs that are usually a bit too good for this division but not quite good enough for the top division I want us to be demonstrably the very best of the clubs that are usually a bit too good for this division but not quite good enough for the top division.

Edited by BertFill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

From Opta before this weekend’s games

Each of the top three currently have at least 76 points. Every single team who had 76+ points after 36 Championship games between 2004-05 and 2022-23 were top of the table at that stage, and then went on to win the league.

We’ve never seen a tussle for automatic promotion from the Championship like this one.

To show how close the battle for automatic promotion looks set to be, the Opta supercomputer has played out the rest of the Championship season 10,000 times and across those simulations both Ipswich and Leeds ended with an average point tally of 95.

Based on three points for a win, no team in second-tier history (since 1888) have finished outside the top two places having won at least 91 points. Sunderland finished in third back in 1997-98 with 90 points, while Charlton finished on 88 that season and were in fourth place.

More recently, Brighton (89 in 2015-16) and Fulham (88 in 2017-18) had to make do with third place finishes despite a fantastic points tally.

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

Draw at Plymouth and Preston, lose at home to Southampton and win the rest is my guess which would give us 102 points. If we get 100+ points and don't get automatics, we may as well call it a day and take our ball home 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1