Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Automatic Promotion or Play-offs?

1st, 2nd or Play-offs?   

455 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will We Finish?

14 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yes, unfortunately. I don’t feel comfortable losing so many games in a season and be automatically promoted, especially given the run Leeds has been on and Ipswich seems to be at it again. I hate to count on others to determine our fate. We have seen that with last season. We started off having fate in our hands, and then fans started to say it is ok even if we start losing more as others will also falter. In the end, we ended up here in the Championship. Same as the seasons where we finished fifth with us dropping outside of Champions League positions.

I get that and share the same fears and feelings in general but we won't finish 3rd if we get 19 points from our remaining 9 games.

There's a good chance we finish 3rd but it'll be because we've carried on this dog shit form for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Leaving us in 2nd place, level on points with a game in hand.

What would implosion look like to you over the last 5 league games? Would we have had to lose all 5 by a cricket score? 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

What would implosion look like to you over the last 5 league games? Would we have had to lose all 5 by a cricket score? 

It's been shite, but we only took 7 points from the 5 game spell starting with the Boro loss earlier in the season. It's a dip in form, lets be honest, it's just been exacerbated by the form of Ipswich and Leeds.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It's been shite, but we only took 7 points from the 5 game spell starting with the Boro loss earlier in the season. It's a dip in form, lets be honest, it's just been exacerbated by the form of Ipswich and Leeds.

Of course but despite 4 points from 5 being only 1 loss a win compared to the earlier dip in form, its materially much bigger. 

Implosion is likely swatted away until its too late or over a much larger period to judge but it'll be just that if we don't return to top 3 form at the very least in the next run of games.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course but despite 4 points from 5 being only 1 loss a win compared to the earlier dip in form, its materially much bigger. 

Implosion is likely swatted away until its too late or over a much larger period to judge but it'll be just that if we don't return to top 3 form at the very least in the next run of games.

Just stating it's not as if we've pissed the entire season, we've had a fairly similar dip already, not like we've had a random unheard of drop in form. 

24 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Horrible being negative but if we don't get auto I can't see us making it through the play offs. 

Concerned Cov and Hull have our number. 

I agree, we’d likely finish 3rd and play 6th, we’re not gonna be playing Southampton, we’ll play someone who is pragmatic and up for it against us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not even entertaining an implosion based on 5 games for a start off. If we lost the same games by a cricket score we would still be 2nd on the same points with a game in hand. I'm more interested in getting behind the team regardless (my math is sh*t so there's every chance i've just dropped a clanger). 

In a weird way i'm actually ok with us not running away with the league and the final run in being tight. At the very least it'll take my mind off the rest of the garbage that's going on with our club. Wanna join in?

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Lets say we do finish 1st, i wonder if the majority of supporters will be jumping for joy or just breathing a mutherfooking big sigh of relief? 

Both!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We just need to stop playing that wooley haired twat in defence! Then we might stop conceeding stupid goals on the counter attack. 

The defender that has played for us in most games and has got us to the top of the league with one of the best defensive records in the league? 

Be a bit off to start changing things now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

The defender that has played for us in most games and has got us to the top of the league with one of the best defensive records in the league? 

Be a bit off to start changing things now. 

Why? He has cost us 6 goals in the past 5-6 games by poor positioning.

You change stuff if you need to, we need strong leaders in the team now with strong mentality he is not one of them. 

If we persist with him we will finish 4th. 

Sky are obviously anticipating us tripping up further with the 2 early kick offs coming up. It'd be nice to see the opposite happen and us win both while Ipswich/Leeds drop points in the evening. 

Edited by Anorak
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Why? He has cost us 6 goals in the past 5-6 games by poor positioning.

You change stuff if you need to, we need strong leaders in the team now with strong mentality he is not one of them. 

If we persist with him we will finish 4th. 

No he hasnt. 

No one has been solely responsible for that many goals all season! 

Surely it’s time for plan B as Plan A has gone down the sh##### 

Mix it up, Souttar and Coady at the back def get Marc Albrighton in for the remaining games  Vards and Nacho up front and give PD a nice comfy pillow to put under his arse for the bench.

31 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

No he hasnt. 

No one has been solely responsible for that many goals all season! 

Have you been wwatching him? Gave a goal vs Boro, one against QPR, a couple against Hull and a couple agaisnt Chelsea. Hes been dreadful of late, he looked good early season but looks appalling currenty. He is costing games, hes a key position. At the very least we need to become hard to be beat, currently we are very easy to beat. Just low block, counter attack at pace, easy everytime.  Its that patchetic arms out stance I cant deal with.