Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Automatic Promotion or Play-offs?

1st, 2nd or Play-offs?   

455 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will We Finish?

I really fear it's going to be 3rd but we're still in the ascendancy. We have a better run-in than Ipswich for me and we do have players to return.

But Christ we do not look good. Honestly we're starting to look almost last season like - remember when we barely ever let in 2 in a game? We do it more often than not now. We've completely lost any solidity we had.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Did you keep a straight face when typing that?

Well we weren't. People talk like we spent August-February 10 points clear when we were barely top at all til December. It was only Ipswich drawing 4 out of 6 in Jan that even gave us a lead. People pissing their pants about Leeds in the same way they did Southampton a month ago. They were walking the league til a month ago if you believed the talk on here.

April's a long month,let's see how they cope being leaders.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

We’ll fvck it up like we did twice with finishing in the top 4 when 10+ points clear. On the plus side we’ll have 2 extra games at least to watch Winks and Chodury pass to one another 50 plus times and not go anywhere. 

It is always Hamza’s fault. He is so afraid to take the responsibility to pass it forward. This negative mentality is why we bottle.  Winks is visibly annoyed sometimes when Hamza does this.  And Faes gets super annoyed when Hamza does this to him.

The Leeds game we lost was pivotal. There is no hiding from that. We bottled that one too when we should have put that one to bed before they made their late comeback. Very symbolic of our season.

If we won, we would still be in the lead and psychologically we would be in a much better place. Now Leeds has the belief and momentum it is hard to see them dropping many points from here. Unless we get in a 9-0-0 or 8-1-0 run or worst 7-2-0 run, it is hard to see us finishing top or even second.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

The Leeds game we lost was pivotal. There is no hiding from that. We bottled that one too when we should have put that one to bed before they made their late comeback. Very symbolic of our season.

If we won, we would still be in the lead and psychologically we would be in a much better place. Now Leeds has the belief and momentum it is hard to see them dropping many points from here. Unless we get in a 9-0-0 or 8-1-0 run or worst 7-2-0 run, it is hard to see us finishing top or even second.

There’s nothing wrong in dropping points to Leeds. But losing points against Sheffield Weds, Boro, QPR et al, that’s the problem.

Boro and QPR were huge losses, especially QPR. Those kind of defeats kill you. We just need a major reset over the international break, and try and find the form to get the job done. If we drop into the play offs it’s over, the psychological blow that would deal would be irreversible.

What is incredibly hard to take is how quickly this has all unravelled, around Christmas we were 18 points clear of Leeds, this situation is unforgivable, and I know many try to justify the run, but it’s simply not good enough, to have a whole seasons hard work fall apart in a month. That is the major concern……

The fact we’ve beaten these teams before is irrelevant, because we’re not the same team we were before the Leeds defeat, you can tell they’re playing with fear and that’s a toxic trait they need to be rid of. 

If we can’t shift that mentality after this break, I think we’re there for the taking for any team in all honesty. You can’t get to this stage of the season and be doubting yourself.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This is.... spectacularly dumb. 

No, he's right.

Despite being fvcked financially, not getting £100,000,000 is the preferred outcome and everyone at the club are working hard to achieve this.

• Haha 1

Confidence must be low after conceding so many late goals such as against Leeds Coventry and Ipswich. I also think that planned substitutions leaving one or two game changing first 11 players on the bench would help. All the strikers need a chance given the number of missed opportunities. 

The way we playing now in the championship will be lucky to go up honestly. We need to playing the way we did in the 1st half of the season but in 5th gear not this half hearted dung. We can't afford to lose sit back and wait for the opportunity to come we have to make the opportunity and kill off the game.

If we still insist on playing the tiki taka crap then play offs

If not  then we can get 1st or 2nd

People have worked us out put.pressure on midfield and defence someone will make a mistake and bang they are in

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

If we still insist on playing the tiki taka crap then play offs

If not  then we can get 1st or 2nd

People have worked us out put.pressure on midfield and defence someone will make a mistake and bang they are in

One thing for absolute certain is we will not be changing the way we play.

Enzo states quite clearly in every interview the way we play is the only way.

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

We will win the league by over 5 points. 

I said it …….

We’ve got it in us to win 9 games in a row because we’ve done it. And to be fair it would be such a Leicester thing to do, to wobble and then go on a ridiculous run. I’m hoping and praying to for the latter…… 9 massive games from the lads, Vardy to score in all 9 and we end up breaking the record…… 

Edited by Pliskin

If Ipswich beat Norwich / Southampton / Coventry then they will finish 2nd lose those games or draw and we win our games , we will finish 2nd imo. Still hoping Leeds falter but they are playing like champions atm

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Ipswich beat Norwich / Southampton / Coventry then they will finish 2nd lose those games or draw and we win our games , we will finish 2nd imo. Still hoping Leeds falter but they are playing like champions atm

If we win our games it doesn't matter what either of them do, that's not an opinion.

Leeds are in title winning form nobody likes to hear it and they have a manager who has won this league before!

Ipswich like us have a tough run of fixtures against play off chasing teams  and there manager has the experience and energy from last season’s promotion.

We have been too inconsistent throughout any 90’minute period and flick from unplayable to school playground football. We have a manager in his first full season of management in England and it shows at times with his decision making especially regarding substitutions and tactics late in the game. We have been to conservative at times in our play when ahead.  I am convinced that Daka walking straight back in from AfCon hasn’t helped as Tom Cannon was in good form and this appears to have gone against what he said about in form strikers keeping their spot!

We still have 27 points to play for and all we can hope for is that we return to that pre Christmas form and nick Top somehow or second by aiming for top spot!

Before Leeds I  thought we would know  our fate when we play Southampton at home! 

Now that game has been moved I still feel the same!

22 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Well at least this thread will be helpful in identifying which little babies need their soiled nappies changing after we've won the league! 

Best in mind I have selected on this ‘poll’ that I think we will finish second, by virtue of Leeds looking much stronger now and having favourable fixtures but having seen enough positive signs from us that we can do enough after the break to hold Ipswich off. So I’d say pretty much impartial and neither in denial about what has happened over recent weeks nor a ‘bed wetter’ as you like to put it as I’m not doomsday thinking the season is over etc. There is all to play for in the 9 games remaining.

That said, and it needs saying, you are far more irritating than any of the perceived bed wetters on here. When will you just give it a rest? People are entitled to their views!

Awaits standard laughing reaction to this post from sbfox

• Like 1