Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Automatic Promotion or Play-offs?

1st, 2nd or Play-offs?   

455 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will We Finish?

I honestly think our run in is tough. We are conceding goals and key players Vardy and Ricardo need to stay fit. West Brom, Norwich, Saints all at home need to be 6 or 7 points and I just can't see it. Even games like Millwall and Bristol won't be easy at all. Can see us finishing 3rd or 4th and probably see WBA go up to be honest, they have a bit of everything. 

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

jesus like just fold the club at this rate, and it isnt the worse chelsea side in 30/40 yrs, can remember alot worse than them; that chelsea team isnt bad at all, theyve shown they can be decent this season, 

enlighten me how we've been sussed out then come on?

Maybe because we are just one dimensional?

Doesn't matter who we're playing or if we're in front or behind in a game it's the same old pass pass pass sideways, backwards, 100 passes in our own half... it's horribly predictable and the opposition don't need to do much homework on us!  I agree we're easily sussed!

• Like 1

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Fold the club because our manager can’t be pragmatic? 40 maybe harsh but I’m seriously struggling to think of a worse Chelsea side since 1994 which is 30 years. 
Is the form table enough evidence for you? Or will we have to go the whole hog and finish in the play offs for you to believe it? 

form table means **** all, its a bad patch(leeds have had one so has ipswich), and in them games we've had one really stinking performance imo and that was QPR, even then if decisions were called correctly it wouldnt have happened, 

we missed numerous chances in all of them. 

are you expecting us to steam roll every team or something? 

also im sure youll enjoy next season if we go up, probably call for enzo to go within the first month

1 minute ago, Pita said:

Team need to show some fight. They are to easy going. Thrown away a great lead 

Players and manager must decide to either push forward together or disassemble the team and let Enzo go, it really is one or the other, either way we fans have very little say in the matter.

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

form table means **** all, its a bad patch(leeds have had one so has ipswich), and in them games we've had one really stinking performance imo and that was QPR, even then if decisions were called correctly it wouldnt have happened, 

we missed numerous chances in all of them. 

are you expecting us to steam roll every team or something? 

also im sure youll enjoy next season if we go up, probably call for enzo to go within the first month

We’ll see how much form means in 9 games, yes there was only 1 stinker like you say but that’s what’s worrying, our lack of ability to get things over the line. Nobody is expecting us to steam roll everybody but there’s clearly a leadership problem losing 3 in a row at this stage of the season.

I would call for him out now tbh, I’m not sure he’s all that and with the lack of investment available and this system relying on the best players in the division we’ll be a carbon copy of Burnley imo

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I predict 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. 99 points total. 2nd place as I think Leeds will break the 100 now. Ipswich I think 97 or 98. Southampton 4 or 5 behind that. 

Blimey, you must have a Crystal ball !!

Can you tell me if I'm going to pull on Saturday night ?

21 minutes ago, Raj said:

Because it's so positive to be SO far ahead in the league and then p1ss it against the wall and have 2 teams within a point of you with 9 games left!!!

Yes we will walk.the league,  as we said last season...it will be fine!!!👍🙄

Don't think I've said we will walk the league? Don't put your spin on my words bud

i am just trying to be positive 👍😊

• Like 1

I think we will finish first still, but understand the doubters comments and concerns, having our best players rested, fit and able post International break, will be important, Enzo needs to start utilising the bench far more, and earlier during matches.

12 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Don't think I've said we will walk the league? Don't put your spin on my words bud

i am just trying to be positive 👍😊

I'll have what your on!!!😁😁👍🏾

Let's just enjoy the international  break...atleast we cant lose!🙄😁

• Like 1

Coming from behind twice at Hull after scrapping a win at Sunderland and then coming from 2-0 today (until the red card changed the game) have answered some of my concerns about the mentality as we have shown some fight. We were not going to lose 3 in a row and go straight back into great form. There have been plenty of shoots of recovery.

As such, I am feeling positive and going for second place and autos. I can’t see past Leeds now for the title.

However, I feel this we’ll be fine complacency is just as unhelpful as negativity. If the complacency is what is transmitted from the stands to the players that’s an issue. We need to be positive and get behind the team but a positive sense of urgency and not complacency. We can’t ignore what has happened to our lead and it does follow a concerning pattern from previous years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

But it’s the same story as usual, fold like a deck of cards when put under any sort of pressure. Worst chelsea side in probably 30/40 years and at 2-2 decide to try and cling on instead of going for it. Its inevitable, we’ve been sussed out unfortunately and it’ll be easier on you when you come to terms with it

Decided to cling on because we had a man sent off. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Raj said:

Because it's so positive to be SO far ahead in the league and then p1ss it against the wall and have 2 teams within a point of you with 9 games left!!!

Yes we will walk.the league,  as we said last season...it will be fine!!!👍🙄

We were never that far ahead of 2nd in reality. We pulled clear a bit when Ipswich went 5 without a win in January, Saints were apparently going to catch us (then lost 4 out of 6) and everyone got a bit carried away before we had our 4 without a win. All Leeds have done is match how we started the season, 12 from 13. The only real change is that gap to Leeds because now all the top 4 have had their bad spell.

It's a reality check for the passengers aboard HMS Pisstheleague.

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

We were never that far ahead of 2nd in reality. We pulled clear a bit when Ipswich went 5 without a win in January, Saints were apparently going to catch us (then lost 4 out of 6) and everyone got a bit carried away before we had our 4 without a win. All Leeds have done is match how we started the season, 12 from 13. The only real change is that gap to Leeds because now all the top 4 have had their bad spell.

It's a reality check for the passengers aboard HMS Pisstheleague.

Did you keep a straight face when typing that?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Be nice to see any comments about 'bottling' if we overcome this period and do end up finishing 1st... 

And it will be even nicer to try and see you defend that we didn't bottle it when we don't finish 1st.

Just now, adejo92 said:

And it will be even nicer to try and see you defend that we didn't bottle it when we don't finish 1st.

Where have I said we wouldn't be bottlers if that did happen? 

• Like 1