Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Automatic Promotion or Play-offs?

1st, 2nd or Play-offs?   

455 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will We Finish?

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Im more worried about the financial / FFP / players leaving implications if we dont get promoted this season. :ph34r: we are in deep shit.

Even if we get promoted, players will leave. Promotion more of a necessity to stop the Aussie bank cashing in parachute payments and giving the owners a very serious decision 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Im more worried about the financial / FFP / players leaving implications if we dont get promoted this season. :ph34r: we are in deep shit.

It's not going to be pretty either way but if we don't go up then it's going to be a bloodbath. I keep saying it becasue I think a lot of people haven't cottoned on yet. Litteraly anyone with any resale value will be up for sale and we'll be shopping in the bargain bin and promoting youth. I would expect Enzo to walk too. 

• Like 1

If we don't go automatically, I think that Daka miss against Leeds away will have been huge turning point in our season. It's never just one player's fault but that was a huge moment in a massive game we were absolutely dominating. That would have killed off Leeds, I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely astounded that this thread even had to exist!

We were 17 points clear!!

17 points!!

Unbelievable…

Weren't we 14 points clear in 4th place in the PL a few seasons back only to blow that as well?

What is it with our mentality and the guts needed to get over the line?

We need to play quicker that’s when we are at our best when we play lethargic passing the ball about it’s so slow and predicatable I would rather win games right now with more pace even when we concede goals than just hope that a 1-0 lead will win the game.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Unless we get in a 9-0-0 or 8-1-0 run or worst 7-2-0 run, it is hard to see us finishing top or even second.

Can't see a world in which 105 points doesn't get us 1st. 

14 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

But it’s the same story as usual, fold like a deck of cards when put under any sort of pressure. Worst chelsea side in probably 30/40 years and at 2-2 decide to try and cling on instead of going for it. Its inevitable, we’ve been sussed out unfortunately and it’ll be easier on you when you come to terms with it

Good grief, I've read some bizarre stuff but this is right up there. 

Chelsea had one player who cost more than our entire team yesterday. They've got an elite coach and some superb players and, until the sending off, we really gave them a game. 

We were on top at 2-2 until Doyle went off and we were still in it until the end. Yes, we had to defend heavily and that's what cost us in the end - mentally and physically tired and Chelsea stepped up at the right time. But to say 'we decided to cling on instead of going for it' is beyond ridiculous. 

Look at Leeds supporters - arrongant, confident, think they're going to win the league and that spills down to the players on the pitch.

Look at a good chunk of our 'supporters' - cry when we lose a couple of games, throw the towel in and then call the PLAYERS bottle jobs.

'We messed up top four so that means we're going to lose to Cov in the playoffs'. Words fail me. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Chelsea had one player who cost more than our entire team yesterday. They've got an elite coach and some superb players and, until the sending off, we really gave them a game. 

We were on top at 2-2 until Doyle went off and we were still in it until the end. Yes, we had to defend heavily and that's what cost us in the end - mentally and physically tired and Chelsea stepped up at the right time. But to say 'we decided to cling on instead of going for it' is beyond ridiculous. 

Look at Leeds supporters - arrongant, confident, think they're going to win the league and that spills down to the players on the pitch.

Look at a good chunk of our 'supporters' - cry when we lose a couple of games, throw the towel in and then call the PLAYERS bottle jobs.

'We messed up top four so that means we're going to lose to Cov in the playoffs'. Words fail me. 

The fact that we WERE in the top 4 of the Prem and blew it twice! is exactly the reason why Leicester fans are concerned about our recent demise. Simple.. if we HADNT done this, we wouldn’t be as worried. Hence the concern about us being bottlers.

The blind faith that we will succeed is nonsense. I recall on here reading many times last season that ‘we are too good to go down’ and then, of course, we went down.

Why I think we’ll get in the top two isn’t down to immature blind faith that we will, it’s because I think we still have the best squad in the division and Ipswich really aren’t very good. Leeds are a different animal. They have players who can definitely turn it on, in given games, and who can get them over the line.

But so have we. If we can win the next game and rediscover some confidence, we’ll be ok I think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

The Leeds game we lost was pivotal. There is no hiding from that. We bottled that one too when we should have put that one to bed before they made their late comeback. Very symbolic of our season.

If we won, we would still be in the lead and psychologically we would be in a much better place. Now Leeds has the belief and momentum it is hard to see them dropping many points from here. Unless we get in a 9-0-0 or 8-1-0 run or worst 7-2-0 run, it is hard to see us finishing top or even second.

If we won 6, drew 1 and lost 2 you reckon we'd finish 3rd?

That would require Leeds and Ipswich to win 7/8 remaining games. 

It's going to be tight but I don't see both of them doing that. 1 of them quite possibly will though which puts their form in the 2nd half of the season up there with anything we put together in the 1st half of the season.

17 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Elite coach? Superb players? This is Chelsea 2023/24 you’re on about and not 04/5 isn’t it? Elite coach who’s won **** all and has these superb players in the bottom half of the league. They have one excellent player in Cole palmer not sure where there other superb players were hiding yesterday or this season.

We were on top for 10 mins like you said until that red card, until then we were absolutely hammered, should have been 4-0 down and until a complete fluke of an og wouldn’t have scored at all yesterday. 4-2 flattered us massively, still in it til the end we were barely in it at ht. Really gave them a game, hilarious. But that’s okay because we stuck to our philosophy.

Whos crying that we’ve lost a couple of games? It’s observation that we really lack any kind of mettle and backbone, that feeds off the pitch and ‘leadership’ into the fans, do you back us to put any semblance of a run together for the back 9? Because I certainly don’t. 
Yeah we bottled top 4, twice, and it seems to me like we’ll bottle the automatics now, that’s just a gut feeling and acceptance of our form, but there’s not a chance cov will beat us in the play off final cause these bottling ***** wouldn’t get to the final if and when we do bomb out.

If however they do pull together and get us over the line fair play, I’ll take back what I said, but I’m still at a loss as to how anyone could watch that yesterday and think we did well, a worldie og and a worldie are papering over so many cracks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Weren't we 14 points clear in 4th place in the PL a few seasons back only to blow that as well?

What is it with our mentality and the guts needed to get over the line?

used a life times up in 2016