Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

30 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Imagine not making any subs, then when we go one nil down, we change a striker for a striker.  Just let that sink in.  That's not the response of any manager who knows what they are doing. 

We lucked our way to the top of the table as we never really looked any good throughout the season despite the wins.  Now it's not working for us, Enzo hasn't got a clue what he is doing. 

I think you're right.

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As shocking as this sounds, I would sack Enzo now and get someone like Cooper in.

We have the players, but their fight is gone. It could be that a kick up the arse and a new direction is exactly what is needed.

When we conceded today, our lack of desire to get back into the game was shocking.

The worry I have is that it’s becoming ever-more clear that the club is being run shambolically. A new 60k per week for Choudry is another example. On and off the field, we are being run currently by muppets by the looks of it.

We'll wait until he's bottled the POs then sack him, about a week before the new season starts. Club is run so badly, most decisions baffle me.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

What did the Bristol City team just given up and not get their goal in this alternate universe?

More than likely we win the game if we take those chances, we didn't we lost.

stop crying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As shocking as this sounds, I would sack Enzo now and get someone like Cooper in.

We have the players, but their fight is gone. It could be that a kick up the arse and a new direction is exactly what is needed.

When we conceded today, our lack of desire to get back into the game was shocking.

The worry I have is that it’s becoming ever-more clear that the club is being run shambolically. A new 60k per week for Choudry is another example. On and off the field, we are being run currently by muppets by the looks of it.

I agree the stakes are too high to just let this fizzle out with a whimper, get him out and give Cooper a hefty bonus if he pulls it off

10 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Not meant as too much of a defence of Enzo, but if you go 6-7 years and a fair few managers and consistently can’t cope with any setbacks, pressure or adversity then that’s got to say an awful lot about the character and/or desire of the players and staff who’ve been there throughout.

It comes from the Top. Owner and Rudkin both need to go, Susan can do one as well, get rid of the lot.

Just now, Tuna said:

I agree the stakes are too high to just let this fizzle out with a whimper, get him out and give Cooper a hefty bonus if he pulls it off

We need to balance books this season, not add more debt 

6 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Not meant as too much of a defence of Enzo, but if you go 6-7 years and a fair few managers and consistently can’t cope with any setbacks, pressure or adversity then that’s got to say an awful lot about the character and/or desire of the players and staff who’ve been there throughout.

You could be right, though there are other potential factors too. For instance, the sorts of qualities that we tend to look for in our recruitment of players and managers, so that even newer players don't have the characteristics that successful and resolute teams tend to have.

• Like 1

I think we should judge him at the end of the season as even though we was 12 points ahead or what ever the season is played over 46 games.

Also the players are not exactly performing as there is a few who probably know they wont be here next season and we are not taking our chances.

I'm more pissed off at the players but Enzo doesn't really have a plan B and he needs to change it up a bit for sure so i can see the frustration

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

We need to balance books this season, not add more debt 

This money argument is nonsense. We don't have to sack him. He can be relieved of his duties. 

And KP employ a 'consultant' to oversee the last few games. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think we should judge him at the end of the season as even though we was 12 points ahead or what ever the season is played over 46 games.

Also the players are not exactly performing as there is a few who probably know they wont be here next season and we are not taking our chances.

We said this about Rodgers, and look how that turned out!

The manager is the man not making the subs and constantly starting players who are putting in sub par performances week after week (Faes).

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

The manager is the man not making the subs and constantly starting players who are putting in sub par performances week after week (Faes).

yea I agree he does need to change it up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

This money argument is nonsense. We don't have to sack him. He can be relieved of his duties. 

That would require Top to have some balls, and he doesn’t. Sacking him is pointless at this stage anyway.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It's just an excuse we have 24/7, as people don't want to admit that Top and the board might actually not know how to run a football club. The reality of that being true is too scary so we'll bury our heads in the sand and blame it on the coin being an issue, same as we did when we didn't sign anyone in the CL chasing January windows, nor in this January, we will next season as well.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s funny how Faes always manages to get a call up. F**ked it for Belgium on Tuesday too.

I didn't think Maresca was who this football club needed when he was appointed and I never changed my mind even when we were walking it. But this thread is reactionary nonsense. It would be the true sign of a basket case club if we were to change manager now

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Relived of his duties for having a team 2nd in the league? 
after publicly stating at the start of the season that the board had said it didn’t matter (change of philosophy & rebuilding) if Leicester get promoted this season?

Just now, phoneticerror said:

It’s funny how Faes always manages to get a call up. F**ked it for Belgium on Tuesday too.

Baffles me, been crap for ages and even at his best form for us he's only ever been a good Championship CB. Most goals we condede I feel are him getting done halfway up the pitch.

You’ve got to ask what you want though. 

1- Keep Enzo and just slide away into nothing. 

2-Sack Enzo and just try something else, even if it results in the same fate. 

He’s gone either way in the summer, I just think it’s now approaching desperate times. 

The body language at the game says everything, those lads are leaderless, and from now on it’s going to be like serving up lambs to the slaughter. 

• Like 3

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We don't need to sack him ...he said himself that if the fans, players or club doesn't believe in his way.... he'd be off next morning 

Is he walking away from potentially millions of pounds? I highly doubt it, regardless of what he says in public.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm more pissed off at the players but Enzo doesn't really have a plan B and he needs to change it up a bit for sure so i can see the frustration

It's a huge risk to do so, if we don't go up the whole club will fall apart, if it hasn't done already. Enzo will be gone as well. In normal circumstances he'd not be sacked by most clubs but I think this is a desperate situation and it might need to happen.