Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Whilst I agree with you, the manager has zero intention of making use of the subs, nor starting Coady, nor dropping any of the wingers etc. We're playing the same 11 until the 80th minute or until we go behind, then we change like for like, every time.

Yep, that's the frustration isn't it. Hopefully the desperation of the situation and the continuation of poor form forces him into a change.

We're not changing managers though. Waste of time hoping for it, talking about it, and absolutely a bad idea for it to make its way into the ground on Monday.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I seem to remember it was a struggle to get over the line for a week or two, dot the i's and cross the t's, but not sure it was the wobble to this extent, not from so far clear?!

The difference being I don't think Pearson would stand for that kind of mentality.

By my own admission I seem to blame everything on style of play, but this style of play certainly doesn't seem to be conducive to the kind of mentality needed. Sometimes you've gotta roll your sleeves up.

We were well clear and were nearly overtaken at Easter. Won 2 in 10 or something (lots of draws) before winning 4 of the last 5.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

The scenes when we're 2 nil down in play- off semi against Cov and Enzo brings Vardy off for Nacho in his first change on the 85th minute.

Don't 

I'd rather Coventry become the city of culture 

Oh ffs

Edited by Gamble92
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

It's not going to happen mate. Take a step back, forget you support Leicester, and imagine what you'd think if a team in our position sacked their manager, capitulation or not. 

It's not a question of whether it's the right thing to do or not, it's a waste of energy to push for it and only serves to damage our chances.

I would put my house on him not getting sacked before the end of the season. All we can do is try to initiate a siege mentality, because as you say it looks like the players are spent.

I know that you’re right. 

But for me it’s just the fact this relationship is clearly over, and given the fact that for the sake of the club we have to go up, and now we’re in this ridiculous situation.

It’s a nightmare. 

11 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

It's interesting that you say this, because my biggest criticism of the Puel and Rodgers era was that our recruitment over-emphasised technicality. It was a shift which I especially noticed over the course of the Rodgers tenure, as he clearly preferred technical, ready-to-go acquisitions in their early-mid 20s, instead of developing younger projects. Unfortunately, our budget doesn't bring in the cream of the talent when you're looking for established, technically-gifted players as opposed to raw pace or unpolished physicality in emerging players.

Someone pointed out earlier that you have to question the mentality of those players who have been here throughout the past five or so years, and I thought there was a case to make that the problem here was not so much Vardy, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Kelechi and those who have been here over that time. Instead, I thought you could argue that, across different regimes, the club had recruited the wrong sorts of characters. At all levels.

I also said something very similar under Rodgers. The board seem to want to play a certain technical way; but this is the issue with it. It's very hard to recruit the right mentality.

With PSR I don't think we have the finances to play/recruit this way anymore. We need to be more pragmatic or at least have a plan b. And it seems Enzo is far too stubborn for that.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

The scenes when we're 2 nil down in play- off semi against Cov and Enzo brings Vardy off for Nacho in his first change on the 85th minute.

Vesty and Faes passing between themselves in injury time

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I agree the stakes are too high to just let this fizzle out with a whimper, get him out and give Cooper a hefty bonus if he pulls it off

Totally agree and like the Bonus idea, but in all honesty, can you really see Top and Rudders doing this, I'm sure they are exchanging texts, right now saying "It will all be ok, nothing to worry about"  

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Don't 

I'd rather Coventry become to city of culture 

Oh ffs

It’s destined to be Coventry who do us. 100% they will the team to dump us out of the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s destined to be Coventry who do us. 100% they will the team to dump us out of the playoffs. 

I'm already writing to the bloke who does fossils and foxes to miss out the next 5 years 

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Yep, that's the frustration isn't it. Hopefully the desperation of the situation and the continuation of poor form forces him into a change.

We're not changing managers though. Waste of time hoping for it, talking about it, and absolutely a bad idea for it to make its way into the ground on Monday.

If he changes I’d be surprised. Shocked. But hopefully that means 3 points. 

If we lose Monday I’d hope the frustration of the fans is made clear.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You'd hope this is unlikely given they still play Soton, Ipswich, and Leeds. If they get top 6 there's a good chance they've taken some points off the teams around us.

Admittedly this would require us actually winning some games.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

My heart sank when I saw Chowdhary in the starting lineup. Any manager who thinks this guy is worthy of a place in the squad needs a proper head wobble.

didn't close his man down either on the goal, but we have best team in league

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Souttar has been criminally undersued

Walks into most teams in this division

Losing value every time he sits on the bench

Coady too

There is no doubt, Coady and Souttar could have done a decent job at this level

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

If Faes and Choudary start against Norwich there is something seriously amiss. 

Blackbeard will be his usual stubborn self and continue to play them!  While he continues to let the likes of Coady and Albrighton walk the plank!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

didn't close his man down either on the goal, but we have best team in league

Vestegaard in no mans land aswell. Hamza is not a defender, we use him to fit Enzos system, instead of just changing the system to suit the players we have available 

• Like 2

As well as not seeing the old chestnut of "We can't afford to", where's the "Who you going to replace him with?!".

I'm still seething with a passive aggressive little jumped up **** that (literally) got in my face last season shouting "Who you gonna replace him with! Who you gonna replace him with! Who you gonna replace him with!" and before I could get a word in or respond had already ran off.

• Like 1

The constant selections of Wout and Hamza have left me way more sceptical than I would be.

Both these players arent good enough for league one let alone a team chasing promotion.  

• Like 2