Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

Has to go. We’re awful, we’ve got no likeability at all. 

The whole thing reeks of arrogance. Shit little passes at the back when we’re 1-0 down. 

It’s nice to have a plan and identity but find Plan B for **** sake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lose to Norwich on Monday, and he has to go. Biggest wage bill, best squad, well clear of the chasing pack.

Now likely to be third with 8 games to play.

Never starts Coady despite defensive issues. Never makes substitutions to change the game. Never has a plan b. Can't motivate players when things are going badly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Whether that's right or wrong, ask yourself whether there is a world that Enzo gets the sack before the end of the season. 

I'm struggling to find the words to communicate quite how improbable it is. Improbable isn't the word. It isn't going to happen.

Whether you want him gone or not, the best thing we can do is get behind the team. 

Not because I think he's perfect, not even because he's the best person to turn things around, but because the reality of the situation is that we won't be sacking a manager who has us in the automatics with 8 to go.

It'd be unprecedented and we'd rightly be a laughing stock. 

We can't control what's going on. I can only imagine the news around the club is getting to the players. Enzo has also made some poor decisions, and it's clear how badly we need Ricardo on the pitch. 

It's all out of our control. Getting on the back of the manager is just about the worst thing we could do right now as fans, but I'd expect nothing less from our lot. 

Get behind the lads and let's see if a bit of atmosphere gives them a kick up the arse.

It’s alright getting behind the manager, but the whole thing has gone. 

He clearly has lost it, the performance today was completely lifeless, and the body language of the players at the end of the game suggested they lost all faith in the project themselves. 

Problem is, our situation is unprecedented….. there’s a major decision to be made, do we just accept that we’re not going to go up, and just accept that next season will likely end in relegation. 

Or do we do something drastic? 

Id argue we’re already a laughing stock, we’ve tossed away an 18 point lead over Ipswich, who will be in the top two later on this evening anyway, so we won’t be in the automatic spots, and then it’s as good as out of our hands. 

In usual circumstances I’d completely agree with you, but the situation is becoming desperate, and with Enzo we’re completely ill equipped to take it on. 

The fans won’t give the club a kick up the arse until it’s given something to shout about, and we can be criticised until the cows come home, but the whole club is just on its arse, there’s misdemeanours ongoing on the women’s team, mismanagement at board level and a manager who’s lost the plot. 

It’s probably got to the stage of being unsalvageable anyway, so we may as well just let it ride out .

3 minutes ago, Guesty said:

His in game management has lost me today. People are right to question the players. But I think this is the big problem with his system.

When you rely on technical players and try to fill your team with just them. You're relying on players who've always been the most skilled in their teams ever since they were a kid. It's never been their job to dig in, fight and battle (even defenders); they've always relied on teammates to do that.

It's really rare to find a player like that. It's why Rodri is so important to Man City.

It's a big flaw in Enzo's system. Especially at this level.

It's interesting that you say this, because my biggest criticism of the Puel and Rodgers era was that our recruitment over-emphasised technicality. It was a shift which I especially noticed over the course of the Rodgers tenure, as he clearly preferred technical, ready-to-go acquisitions in their early-mid 20s, instead of developing younger projects. Unfortunately, our budget doesn't bring in the cream of the talent when you're looking for established, technically-gifted players as opposed to raw pace or unpolished physicality in emerging players.

Someone pointed out earlier that you have to question the mentality of those players who have been here throughout the past five or so years, and I thought there was a case to make that the problem here was not so much Vardy, Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi, Kelechi and those who have been here over that time. Instead, I thought you could argue that, across different regimes, the club had recruited the wrong sorts of characters. At all levels.

Just now, Asha said:

Has to go. We’re awful, we’ve got no likeability at all. 

The whole thing reeks of arrogance. Shit little passes at the back when we’re 1-0 down. 

It’s nice to have a plan and identity but find Plan B for **** sake. 

Disagree. It's the opposite of arrogance, it's fear. 

Our players know they're not good enough to find the quick, intricate passes to unlock teams in this system, so they play it safe instead. We did try to move the ball forwards quickly in the last 5 minutes or so, and it was a disaster. KDH, N'didi, and Justin in particular are awful for this.

Justin should be nowhere near the 11 at any cost right now, even if that means moving Faes to left back and bringing Coady in at centre half. Hamza needs dropping as well. 

We need to fill the team with players actually capable of passing a football and the confidence should breed from there. 

Doyle

Coady

Vesty

Faes

Winks

KDH

Pereira

Albrighton

Vardy

Fatawu

Bring N'didi and Iheanacho on at 60 minutes to keep it fresh. 

Iheanacho on for one of the defenders if we're chasing, push Ricky back to RB and let Iheanacho play as a 10 in the gap Ricky leaves in the middle. N'didi on for whoever looks the most knackered out of KDH and Winks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has there been any examples of promotion chasing teams sacking a manager this late on and going up? 

Has there been any examples of a team so clear, looking so comfortable, having a wobble late on, being caught and still going up?

We're an anomaly.

We're a fucking social experiment.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Has there been any examples of a team so clear, looking so comfortable, having a wobble late on, being caught and still going up?

We're an anomaly.

Ourselves in League One.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s alright getting behind the manager, but the whole thing has gone. 

He clearly has lost it, the performance today was completely lifeless, and the body language of the players at the end of the game suggested they lost all faith in the project themselves. 

Problem is, our situation is unprecedented….. there’s a major decision to be made, do we just accept that we’re not going to go up, and just accept that next season will likely end in relegation. 

Or do we do something drastic? 

Id argue we’re already a laughing stock, we’ve tossed away an 18 point lead over Ipswich, who will be in the top two later on this evening anyway, so we won’t be in the automatic spots, and then it’s as good as out of our hands. 

In usual circumstances I’d completely agree with you, but the situation is becoming desperate, and with Enzo we’re completely ill equipped to take it on. 

The fans won’t give the club a kick up the arse until it’s given something to shout about, and we can be criticised until the cows come home, but the whole club is just on its arse, there’s misdemeanours ongoing on the women’s team, mismanagement at board level and a manager who’s lost the plot. 

It’s probably got to the stage of being unsalvageable anyway, so we may as well just let it ride out .

It's not going to happen mate. Take a step back, forget you support Leicester, and imagine what you'd think if a team in our position sacked their manager, capitulation or not. 

It's not a question of whether it's the right thing to do or not, it's a waste of energy to push for it and only serves to damage our chances.

I would put my house on him not getting sacked before the end of the season. All we can do is try to initiate a siege mentality, because as you say it looks like the players are spent.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has there been any examples of promotion chasing teams sacking a manager this late on and going up? 

Although he wasn't sacked then the closest example I can think of was ultimately sticking with and not sacking Pearson in his second spell with us in the 2012-13 season when we went something like 14 or 15 games without a win in the January-March period after being top of the Championship. We then dropped right down to 8th place or so but still ended up in the play offs at the death of course - but I think that was a more determined side than this one, plus results fully went our way on the final day, including our last gasp win at Forest of all places of course. Even so we still didn't go up re Deeney Day no less! That said we stuck with Pearson and went up as Champions the following season of course. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ourselves in League One.

I seem to remember it was a struggle to get over the line for a week or two, dot the i's and cross the t's, but not sure it was the wobble to this extent or anything of the like, the difference being I don't think Pearson would stand for the kind of mentality. Not from so far clear anyway?! I mean we won the league by 7 points, can't see us winning the league let alone by 7 points.

By my own admission I seem to blame everything on style of play, but this style of play certainly doesn't seem to be conducive to the kind of mentality needed. Sometimes you've gotta roll your sleeves up.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Disagree. It's the opposite of arrogance, it's fear. 

Our players know they're not good enough to find the quick, intricate passes to unlock teams in this system, so they play it safe instead. We did try to move the ball forwards quickly in the last 5 minutes or so, and it was a disaster. KDH, N'didi, and Justin in particular are awful for this.

Justin should be nowhere near the 11 at any cost right now, even if that means moving Faes to left back and bringing Coady in at centre half. Hamza needs dropping as well. 

We need to fill the team with players actually capable of passing a football and the confidence should breed from there. 

Doyle

Coady

Vesty

Faes

Winks

KDH

Pereira

Albrighton

Vardy

Fatawu

Bring N'didi and Iheanacho on at 60 minutes to keep it fresh. 

Iheanacho on for one of the defenders if we're chasing, push Ricky back to RB and let Iheanacho play as a 10 in the gap Ricky leaves in the middle. N'didi on for whoever looks the most knackered out of KDH and Winks.

Whilst I agree with you, the manager has zero intention of making use of the subs, nor starting Coady, nor dropping any of the wingers etc. We're playing the same 11 until the 80th minute or until we go behind, then we change like for like, every time.