Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

Just now, HankMarvin said:

It was huge the year before, but obviously it’s been exacerbated by  loss of European tv rights and finishing lower and additional spending 

All things they saw coming for months on end and did nothing about...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Who would be the alternative.

Rich Americans, Chinese, Saudis - who have no idea of how to succeed in running a football club?

Has our current Thai owner got a clue? Because he’s hiding it very well based on the news that’s just come out!!!!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My heart would be in the right place if I were to buy Leicester City Football Club. It doesn't mean I'm fit to run it though. 

well that's the thing he hasn't been, he's left it to Rudkin and Whelan as he's been running King Power, I believe he used to be more hands on when his dad was alive

£89.7m losses for the previous year.

So £215m total losses over the 3 year rolling period, compared to £105m allowable losses 

Doesn’t account for PSR add-ons though, so that £90m loss for 22/23 will be lower for the PSR calculation. 

Which is typically £20-30m for women’s football, academy and infrastructure spending. 

Even if it’s as generous as that, we’ve breached by £80m? 

Note: Everton breached by £19.5m on first charge. 

Forest, by £34.5m

Also note, that if we don’t go up, EFL’s allowable losses over a 3 year period is only £39m 

But remains to be seen what jurisdiction EFL can enforce over years spent in PL

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

All things they saw coming for months on end and did nothing about...

What could they do apart from sell more players?

we were in the relegation places nearly a whole season selling players sounds great in hindsight as we were relegated, but there would’ve been uproar if a major fire sale took place in jan with our prem future on the line 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So £215m total losses over the 3 year rolling period, compared to £105m allowable losses 

Doesn’t account for PSR add-ons though, so that £90m loss for 22/23 will be lower for the PSR calculation. 

Which is typically £20-30m for women’s football, academy and infrastructure spending. 

Forest, by £34.5m

We will get absolutely wacked … looking at 15 points deduction 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

What could they do apart from sell more players?

we were in the relegation places nearly a whole season selling players sounds great in hindsight as we were relegated, but there would’ve been uproar if a major fire sale took place in jan with our prem future on the line 

Sacked Brendan when he deserved to be sacked, AKA at least 9 months before they actually sacked him. They didn't want to pay the money, but ended up having to in the end anyway, when it was far too late. Thus, likely keeping us in the PL and with it at least some extra money.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Sacked Brendan when he deserved to he sacked, AKA at least 9 months before they actually sacked him. They didn't want to pay the money, but ended up having to in the end anyway, when it was far too late.

But those figures were offset by the sacking of Brendan Rodgers and his coaching staff in April 2023, and a lower-than budgeted league position.

Did he deserve to be sacked for finishing 8th 

January yeah, but that’s not 9 months prior 

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Forest, by £34.5m

Sorry if I’m being stupid but would that have been covered by the EPL broadcast money had we had stayed up?

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Forest, by £34.5m

image.gif.6e7ccb758c176dd7f928dad749b57fc8.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Forest, by £34.5m

This will set us back to the stone age. Gross negligence. 

Absurd mismanagement, but I suspect that the authorities and past precedent will still keep the points deduction down. It won't be 9 points or anything near to it, because both Everton and Forest saw the PL pushing for such a deduction but were shot down because 9 points is the penalty for liquidation and it was deemed disproportionate. I suspect we'll get six points and consider ourselves lucky.

• Like 2

Absolutely appalling mismanagement from the club and it’s embarrassing. 

With regards to Top, the only reason I’m still behind him as owner is because you don’t know who would come next. At least Top will secure the club financially in terms of existence, even if it means we’re league 1 / championship fodder for years. 

But my word Top has been asleep at the wheel and needs to get the board out yesterday!! Wake up Top! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

well that's the thing he hasn't been, he's left it to Rudkin and Whelan as he's been running King Power, I believe he used to be more hands on when his dad was alive

That decision still lies with Top! Rudkin and/or Whelan may well become the scapegoat (although I still doubt even this will make our inactive Chairman make any moves), but fundamentally TOP is responsible.

Edited by MalletFox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Why are we bothering paying this de marco character a shit load of cash. We may as well save that expense.

Because we're trying to OJ Simpson our way out of this shit show

• Haha 1