Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

That decision still lies with Top! Rudkin and/or Whelan may well become the scapegoat (although I still doubt even this will make out inactive Chairman make any moves), but fundamentally TOP is responsible.

yes and that's why I said he messed up in my previous post, he's trusted the wrong people clearly and unless they are staying he needs to fire at least 1 of them

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The only saving grace is that when the contracts of the majority were signed we were a top 5 club so they probably thought no chance it would happen and agreed to have it it contract 

I worry about it the other way round …. I.e our idiots in charge haven’t included relegation clauses in the player’s contracts because it was incomprehensible it would ever happen!!! It’s more likely that way round than sneaking it into players contracts in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Thus, likely keeping us in the PL and with it at least some extra money.

Staying in the prem wouldn’t have counted for that years losses.

TV money for pl is already factored in.
That will be relevant in next years accounts for this season.

• Like 1

If we are going to have a 15 point reduction next season we may as well stay in the Championship maybe that was the plan and why we’ve gone to s hit recently Enzo and Top in it together

Edited by kyleolly

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I hate Brendan but they could’ve just told him to get gone at any point like Wolves did with the Spanish fella, and actually ran a sustainable business at EPL level. 

I think the point is, the club gambled, and gambled big, and when they realised how bad they messed up, they were trying not to make it worse financially, but they did.

This is like somebody playing with monopoly money, it's like they never considered 'what if.....'

and thats what you have to do in business. In my little business i've always had a buffer account, a bit of money just in case, like a bloody lockdown for example.

If players were being given big figures in wages with no conditions attached, if Rodgers contract didn't say should our league position drop to this, we have the right to fire you without 100% remuneration being paid, but falling to incruments depending on position, then it's gross misconduct by those offering the contracts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

yes and that's why I said he messed up in my previous post, he's trusted the wrong people clearly and unless they are staying he needs to fire at least 1 of them

And/or hold his hands up and walk away. The club has been run horrendously for the past 3 years imparticular, and he is accountable for that.

Just now, MalletFox said:

I worry about it the other way round …. I.e our idiots in charge haven’t included relegation clauses in the player’s contracts because it was incomprehensible it would ever happen!!! It’s more likely that way round than sneaking it into players contracts in my opinion.

I don’t think it was sneaked I just think players were more likely agree to have it in place due the our standing as pl club at the time.

Percy said there were but how much intel he has now I don’t know.

• Like 1

Just now, kyleolly said:

If we are going to have a 15 point reduction next season we may as well stay in the Championship maybe that was the plan and why we’ve gone to s hit recently 

no, this just isn't true. we may get relegated straight away but 1 years prem money plus another parachute is better than staying in the championship

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CloudFox said:

This...this looks catastrophic. How on earth are we going to recover from relegation if we have to sell our best players (with clubs knowing we need to sell by 30th June) whether we get promoted, or not?

Either way, next season we are likely to have a weaker squad, and no way to replace those important players.

What the **** have you done, Top, Whelan and Rudkin? And how dare you put out a statement minimising how much damage it seems you've done to our club?

Catastrophic is putting it mildly. We need to gain promotion this season or we’re done.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

How is this compared to Everton and Forest out of interest? 

Top isn't going to sack himself, but all those directly below him should be kicked out immediately and not play any role in cleaning this mess up.

Kieran Maguire has essentially said our situation similar to Leeds when it went tits up in the early noughties. So its about as bad as you can get.

50 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

How reliable is this guy? Are they accounting for wages covered by other teams for our players on loan? Are these wages taking into account the relegation clauses?

He’s the man he knows it all.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

no, this just isn't true. we may get relegated straight away but 1 years prem money plus another parachute is better than staying in the championship

How many years do we get the parachute payments for?

6 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

If we are going to have a 15 point reduction next season we may as well stay in the Championship maybe that was the plan and why we’ve gone to s hit recently Enzo and Top in it together

How would it be better? We will end up like Derby or Sunderland. We need Prem finances coming into the club regardless whether we get smashed next year

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Average wage £90k per week, for this bunch of fannies? **** me.

Hamza is according to a court report on 12k a week so some are on an obscene amount to make 90k the average 

• Like 1

Everton lost half as much in 3 years and were originally docked 10 pts 

Can’t see us getting away with less than

12-15 pts at start of next season . Add to that a transfer embargo and having to sell anyone with any value and 

getting promotion is unlikely to stop a steep decline for our club . 

Absolutely criminal mismanagement . The fans have been badly misled and  let down . Heads must roll. 

• Like 2