Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Your Championship Team of the Season

I know we’ve got a few games left yet, however I wondered what people’s thoughts were on the Championship team of the season? 

4-4-2 mine is:

GK Hermansen - Leicester

RB : Ricardo - Leicester

CB : Vestergaard - Leicester

CB : Rodon - Leeds

LB : Davis - Ipswich 

CM : Sara - Norwich

CM : Dewsbury-Hall - Leicester

AM : Rutter - Leeds

RW : Whittaker - Plymouth

CF : Armstrong - Southampton

LW : Summerville - Leeds

When you look at it, it’s not as simple as you’d think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I’d probs put winks and Simms in.

Yes I put Winks in initially then realise I had too many players and took him out instead if Ampadu. 

Arguably Ampadu could still go in at CB instead of Rodon. 

Simms has only just found form. He was fairly poor first half of the season. 

It’s a hard one, largely because the coverage isn’t as wide spread as the Championship, but I tend to watch at least one game plus our game per week and the highlights show. So based on that I’d go:

Johanasson - Rotherham - could be an odd choice looking at their goals conceded and league position, but always looked good when I’ve seen him.

Ricardo 

Greaves - Hull

Dickie - Bristol City

Davis - Ipswich

KDH

Winks

Ndidi - these 3 might be very Leicester centric, but when they are fit and playing together there’s not a better 3 in the league.

Sommervill - Leeds

Szmodics - Blackburn (haven’t actually seen him have a good game but can’t leave out the division top scorer)

Clarke - Sunderland 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

KDH

Winks

Ndidi - these 3 might be very Leicester centric, but when they are fit and playing together there’s not a better 3 in the league.

Kamara at Leeds is up there. For me him and KDH are the best central midfielders in the league.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Kamara at Leeds is up there. For me him and KDH are the best central midfielders in the league.

There’s a few who could go in there, and without being a Leicester supporter I may have gone differently. KDH you couldn’t leave out, Winks for me is the best footballer on the ball in the Championship and Ndidi you saw how our form dips when he’s out so couldn’t leave any of them out.

4 hours ago, Langston said:

Szmodics numbers are unbelievable for a player who isn't an out-and-out striker playing in a pretty crap side.

Bizarre for me that a top club hasn't picked him up. Destroyed us in the cup last season and he's gone to a different level this year. Could have been an option at 8 for us if we were somewhere near solvent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LVFox said:

GK - Hermansen

RB - Walker Peters

LB - Davis

CB - Rodon

CB - Greaves

CM - Ampadu

CM - KDH

RW - Armstrong

AM - Szmodics

LW - Summerville

CF - Sargent

Sargent?! Is that a joke?! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Shame we are broke but if we went up and Southampton didnt id sign adam Armstrong.

Even if we could I wouldn't bother, have you seen his record in the Premier League? He's stuck at the level of being too good for the Championship but probably not good enough for the top flight.

Hermansen

Ng    Rodon   Vestergaard   Davis

KDH                      Sara 

Szmodics

Whittaker                                  Summerville

Armstrong

7 hours ago, LVFox said:

It's a shallow pool, but you can easily argue he's the main reason Norwich get play offs

Alternatively, I could argue that he's the main reason that Norwich ONLY get a play-off place lol

9 hours ago, LVFox said:

It's a shallow pool, but you can easily argue he's the main reason Norwich get play offs

Indeed. Their downturn in form coincided with him being out of the team injured, their upturn in form started when he was back fit again.

He's basically kept Wagner in a job.

Without him in the team they'd be nowhere near the play offs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Indeed. Their downturn in form coincided with him being out of the team injured, their upturn in form started when he was back fit again.

He's basically kept Wagner in a job.

Without him in the team they'd be nowhere near the play offs.

14 goals in 1451 league minutes. But FT orthodoxy is that if they're American they suck, and dissent will not be tolerated.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

14 goals in 1451 league minutes. But FT orthodoxy is that if they're American they suck, and dissent will not be tolerated.

Not sure why you gave my team a laughing emoji? As I said it’s based on all the games I’ve seen personally, other than  Szmodics - where you can’t leave out the top scorer in the league, especially when they are in a poor side.

Did you want to debate any of my choices or just post the 😂 emoji without context? 
Also for your point about Sergeant, Vardy has 14 goals in 1354 minutes this season and no one has put him in their side even with the Leicester bias. Not everything is about someone being from the USA. There is at least 5 strikers in the league who have had better seasons than him.

• Like 2