Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

So we can blame Enzo all we want, but Mavididi, KDH, Vards,Akgun, Wilf, all shocking this evening, As someone mentioned earlier, with a game in hand, and Leeds having 4 games left…..it is very much down to us, starting with three points on Friday, and no, it won’t be easy

14 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Would love to know why some fans are clapping the players off tonight. Got pelters for the Bristol performance but this was far far worse. Barely made a chance until the end. 

One of the worst games I've been too and against one of the worst teams I've seen. Millwall were dogshit. 

We've been found out. Ridiculous how one dimensional we have turned into

Same fans that clapped them off after relegation and crucified anyone who dared to criticise Rodgers. 

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

So we can blame Enzo all we want, but Mavididi, KDH, Vards,Akgun, Wilf, all shocking this evening, As someone mentioned earlier, with a game in hand, and Leeds having 4 games left…..it is very much down to us, starting with three points on Friday, and no, it won’t be easy

I just can't get out of my head that we could have been 7 points ahead of Leeds before they kick off on Saturday, had we won tonight and then do so on Friday. They've only got 4 games left so we'd have been almost there really. So frustrating. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Strong words but I’ve often felt similar many times this season. 

Haven’t felt this detached from Leicester City in a long time. 

What annoyed me most tonight is we go from performing with aggression against Norwich, back to this boring uninspired tepid shite just over a week later. 

So many performances like that recently, and it wouldn’t be surprising if there’s more to come. 

As baffling as it may sound, even though we’re currently top, this team has me feeling nothing, they just don’t excite me like some Leicester teams have done in the past.

What's funny is, the Enzo and EnzoBall lovers claim that the Norwich performance was the style / the idea working brilliantly.  ( But they would wouldn't they) I called it at the time and still do now, 'BS' on that front.

The Norwich performance was the teams reaction to the various aspects of disgruntlement from the crowd,  the ironic cheering for a forward pass. etc. The team thankfully reacted positively to it and played an element of Anti-Enzoball for the want of a better word.

Enzo noticed and reacted also to the various aspects of disgruntlement,  but his actions were to 

have a pop at a section of fans, to then wagging his 'calm down arms' at the team because we weren't patient and controlling enough.

A Norwich quality of performance, with the same overall application of the 'alternative style' would have beaten Millwall this evening.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 4

I should have been at The Den but ended up at The Emirates watching the Arsenal Bayern game on freebie hospitality tickets . I feel a bit mucky but am now only indirectly infuriated at the result. If I’d have watched our game I would be in a much darker mood. Small mercies. 

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

But isn’t that the job of the manager? Get the best out of players and good performances when confidence is down?

You can have a few players having off days. But not a whole collective 15th in the form table over the last 10 games.

Thats hideous for a promotion chasing team at the business end of the season 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Around 70%+ possession now is basically the norm, only slight problem it does not produce goals

Possession is nothing, it’s about winning and getting out of this division. 
Millwall need too stay up and they did what they had to do…

About time Enzo realised….🤡🤡 

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Going to bed on a positive. Fatawu's run and flick to Nacho was awesome. Great moment in a team performance of nothingness. If Fats did that more we would be much the better for it 👍👍

Fatawu is head a shoulders the best chance creator in the division.

7 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Yep, Mavs / KDH partnership destroyed, Wilf / Fats partnership destroyed, so our most potent routes to chances gone.

All the players involved in that ridiculous tactical switch (that’s been attempted several times and been a disaster every time) had a stinker, plus the strikers that played in front of them.

That’s absolutely on Enzo.

And his reason?? To nullify the threat of Millwall with the ball, yeah Millwall, one of the worst sides in the division on an awful run of form.

That’s on Enzo.  

• Like 1

Completely separate issue but I’m fed up with teams being rewarded for time wasting. Their players annd fans wasted over 90 seconds just during the 7 minutes themselves. 

We could’ve played until tomorrow and not scored but I’m sick of weak officiating. 

• Like 1

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Completely separate issue but I’m fed up with teams being rewarded for time wasting. Their players annd fans wasted over 90 seconds just during the 7 minutes themselves. 

We could’ve played until tomorrow and not scored but I’m sick of weak officiating. 

I've said this, about 10 seconds after the 'minimum' of 7 he blew up today, they clearly just make it up as they go along

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s arguable

There are players with 50% more assists.

None of them have created more clear chances. Just happens we have also missed the most clear chances.