Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

2 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Ndidi was abysmal too. He's gone from looking like a prime Zidane before injury to a defensive midfielder trying to play a number 8 role.

Come on. Prime Zidane? Haha. He’s a good tackler and an athlete. That’s all he has ever been. He finds controlling the ball and passing it to a teammate a struggle at the best of times.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I like to put it to you that we didn’t make them look like Real Madrid but we treated them like Real Madrid

Yes I would concede that point. We look so frightened and fragile.

Has a team ever conceded so many long range wonder goals in a season in the history of football? Can't be bothered to go back and count them all but it's a lot. I used to think it was unlucky, but  now I'm starting to think that we are giving the opposition too many clear shooting opportunities from just outside our box without enough pressure on the ball.

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

He might drive forward, the problem is the wooley haired twat forgets to defend. No use him driving forward when he's helped us conceed another soft as shit goal. 

Agreed, but if he had options in front of him that actually want the ball he might not have to. Vardy, KDH and Ndidi were basically marking themselves tonight. 

Whilst he did lose the ball, his position was covered by Winks who shouldn't have let him cut inside, however he was clearly worried about being on a yellow for the most of the game and barely made a tackle. 

Not sticking up for Faes too much, because he is a bombscare.

17 minutes ago, ACF said:

When it’s working yes. Genuinely love it. Remember we’ve scored 79, and only conceded 37.

The issue is when it’s not clicking there are absolutely no adjustments. There’s an arrogance that we will inevitably get a goal because of the system, that to me isn’t acceptable.

This is a team that got relegated. We are not infinitely better than the rest of the league.

We were beaten by a wonderful goal tonight. Issue is the lack of chances created.

This squad in this division should be comfortably averaging 2+ a game. You make it sound like he's got a bunch of league one players over performing.

• Like 1

Plymouth will throw bodies forward… they had a pragmatic manger like Ensor but the crowd didn’t warm to him and he was forced out …. They are getting back to their early season attacking style … I fear the worst 

You build on a win by fielding the players who showed most enterprise last game in the positions they started in. I'm beginning to suspect that this f*****g about by Maresca may be a clue to where his loyalties lie. I rate Faes but there's no urgency about him or Vesty. It was obvious just by listening to the commentary that the changes took away the bounce from Saturday. Every time you think the corners turned there's another obstacle. It's like Maze Runner. Put your likeliest lads on in their familiar positions and drop Faes and Vesty for Doyle and Coady. Ricardo never f***s about. We act like we're Man City!

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Im sorry but when the manager is asking to play a method where you move 20 steps forward and then 50 steps back and play the most predictable fashion, what do we expect.  We go side to side, and back and forth with side show bob and herman munster having there own football party.  Once our wingers are nullified were doomed.

The last 7 minutes we went for broke, the shackles came off and played in instincts and we had 2 great chances.

I don’t disagree. It’s not my preferred style but he doesn’t deviate from it. The team do make subtle changes like looking for that long ball and diagonals and swap players when they aren’t performing in the formation. He isn’t going to change from the possession style though as it’s his DNA. Wish he would go more direct from the start though and always have. You could see that coming tonight. Too little too late. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Should all be ashamed of themselves. No one worthy of that shirt tonight

Ricardo for me, the only one who can hold his head up. 

• Like 1

Just now, trugerkem said:

Plymouth will throw bodies forward… they had a pragmatic manger like Ensor but the crowd didn’t warm to him and he was forced out …. They are getting back to their early season attacking style … I fear the worst 

Friday should suit us more than tonight.

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not happy clapping, I’m just taking the mickey out of you for actually calling for the manager to be sacked when we are top of the league with 5 matches left. Tbf if your plea is listened to by the club, maybe Super Cooper could get ‘Shorts’ Cattermole to be his Assistant Manager 🥰

Yes you are happy clapping 

You represent the worst kind of fan imo. I bet you were saying we’d never get relegated last season too.

It could just be that a kick up the arse by someone different at the helm is exactly what the players need now. 

• Like 1

You get to this point in the season and it's mostly about the bravery of the manager and willingness of the players to get over the line. Do they have the balls to step up, or are they just going to pass it around and take no responsibility? 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Has a team ever conceded so many long range wonder goals in a season in the history of football? Can't be bothered to go back and count them all but it's a lot. I used to think it was unlucky, but  now I'm starting to think that we are giving the opposition too many clear shooting opportunities from just outside our box without enough pressure on the ball.

That’s exactly what we do. 

24 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Utter pants. Wrong players in the wrong system. Just play gun-ho 4-4-2. That's how angry I am 

Ironically if we just play gun-ho with the players we have and just take the shackles off, I have a feeling we would be smashing these teams 5-0s.

Some fans here blame the players. No, this is fully on Enzo. Remember this is the style of play he wants. If you throw in Nacho with Daka or Vardy as two forwards each game, they would be scoring for fun. But we like our two CBs to be our main passers of the ball instead.

• Like 2

This team and Enzo can’t play against a team who set up like Millwall did. Then they go and score a worldie. I didn’t understand why he needed to swap Niddi and Kdh around. It’s so frustrating, but I was expecting a game like this against Milwall, but I was hoping we would shithou*e win, at worse a draw. This is become such a nervy run in, not just for us either.

I hope Enzo keep it simple and not trying to over complicate things !

• Like 1