Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Basically said he expected some games like tonight because of how far into the season we are so everyone is a little bit tired...

Captain hindsight.

If you recognise this then maybe you make subs earlier. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Basically said he expected some games like tonight because of how far into the season we are so everyone is a little bit tired...

Same applies to Millwall and they don’t have a squad we do 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I lost count the amount of times we lost the ball when trying to play it centrally too. High risk balls to congested areas to our players who are no where near strong ot technical enough to receive them. This game and the other similar games is due to Enzo and his tactics. He should recognise his way is stifling us but he won’t change it. If he went to a back 4 with overlapping fullbacks we’d get much more points than we are now.

He could even squeeze the wingers in our current system and still have overlapping full backs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Seen this sentiment parroted a lot recently and couldn't disagree more.

I swear people on here either have amnesia or are willfully misremembering the absolute state we were in at the end of last season. Couldn't buy a win even against championship opposition, our best players leaving for a fraction of their value, the most fragile Leicester defence any of us have ever witnessed etc etc etc. Rodgers left us in disarray and many were resigned to a playoff finish at best.

In the summer, everyone on here would have snapped the hand off of someone offering us top of the table with five games to go. Don't pretend otherwise.

No one is disputing this, or the fact he has done well to a point, I can't speak for everyone else, but the effort and set up against a Millwall team facing relegation and off the back of losses, beat us with a positive mentality and desire to win, tackling, chasing, defending, we were baggage tonight, everything they showed in desire we didnt, it was worse than a BR defeat, our team is 10 times better than Millwall we played like we had just met up at the Bus station, after an all day session followed by an all day breakfast jumped on the Bus, Enzo got his magnetic board out and spoke about what to do for 5 mins drew names out of a hat for what position they'd play in, had a couple of hours sleep then cracked on with the match it was the worst I have seen this season by some way, it was not a team on a roll, 10 steps forward 12 steps back tonight I am now back to dreading the next match, its depressing.

OK. To all the EnzoBall lovers.. (the main protagonists know who they are.)

Defend that performance and result if Enzos style is so great and we who question it are so wrong.

Convince us why it's still so great.  When resent results ( which are the one's that matter at this moment in time) suggest  differently.  Why is Enzo so right to continue with it.

If anyone tries and defends it by pulling out the 'joker card' excuse of, but we would be better and it would work if we had a higher calibre of player. STOP RIGHT THERE... We don't have them at our disposal right now and we have never had them. 

Any manager with an ounce of common sense wouldn't try and persist with a system that relies on better players that he's doesn't have , but try and correctly utilise the individuals currently at his disposal with their known strengths and look to minimise there collective weakness' by creating a 'Bespoke system' to a degree to match these attributes and get the best out of the team. Not shoehorn a system onto them that some  lack the skillset to play.

ALSO,  teams have deployed the low block on us numerous times recently and if the EnzoBall lovers roll out the excuse along the lines of " what do you expect him to do, or how do we combat it if  they low block",  etc, etc. Again STOP

if you have identified that this is an Achilles Heal to the wondrous EnzoBall system surly any manager with an ounce of common sense wouldn't try and persist and look for an alternative option with the tools at his disposal to try and overcome this. 

The problem IMO ( and also a growing number of others as well) is EnzoBall, like Enzo himself is too inflexible, and ridged.  and unless the opposition commit to being moved about its not as dynamic or tactically brilliant as you want us to believe...   If it was then the past results and current league table would paint a far better picture with a better points tally

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t smoked dope in years and my other half would never allow us to have any in the house, but Christ I’d give anything for a spliff right now. That performance was so bad I actually need drugs to take the edge off….

• Like 1

They played exactly as Enzo asked - ‘like it’s the last match of the season’ and they did - sun loungers and Sangria. Most will either be sold or playing elsewhere next season so why not save what little energy they have?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

Seen this sentiment parroted a lot recently and couldn't disagree more.

I swear people on here either have amnesia or are willfully misremembering the absolute state we were in at the end of last season. Couldn't buy a win even against championship opposition, our best players leaving for a fraction of their value, the most fragile Leicester defence any of us have ever witnessed etc etc etc. Rodgers left us in disarray and many were resigned to a playoff finish at best.

In the summer, everyone on here would have snapped the hand off of someone offering us top of the table with five games to go. Don't pretend otherwise.

No. Not true. We were favourites from the beginning. In fact, I recall many said with the squad we had, we shouldn’t have been relegated. Even after quite a few left, we still kept a big part of our squad and added to the squad with Winks, Coady, Mavididi, Fatawu, Yugan and Canon with our parachute money.

Edited by Tom12345

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The more I watch this team, the more I miss the days of Morgan & Huth.

Real defenders, real leaders.

Nowadays we have to put up with Wout Faes, how depressing. 

The more I watch this team the more I’m wasting my life…

Do they really want to go up.

One down and we still piss about at the back…

It’s embarrassing. 3 away games where we have lost 1-0 and offered nothing going forward 
Middlesbrough, Bristol city and now these lol .

it’s shocking. 

Enzo needs to piss off..

Another opportunity missed….💩💩💩

• Like 1

Tonight, I honestly feel this could be my last season as a regular. Not sure that I can put myself through this again if we don't go up. This team is not capable of promotion via the play offs. Mentality is below poor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Players are tired but pick nearly the same 11, other then Vardy and Akgun.

Why not give Coady, Souttar, Albrighton, Wanya or Praet a go.

Clown.....

Absolutely. Huge squad by championship standards. ****ing use it rather than using 9 of the same players and then moaning about it. That's just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Listening to that has convinced me …. He thinks about things too much…. The object is to score more goals than the opposition….it’s been that way since football was invented… it hasn’t changed … you don’t get more than 1 goal if you play 65 passes beforehand 

• Like 1