Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

53 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Doyle was awful last night. As you say, against Norwich he sprayed the ball around and stretched them. Last night, he looked literally scared to pass the ball more than 5 yards and when he did it was not the best. He seemed jittery and nervous throughout I don't get it. Was he told to play like that? 

Almost certainly. He plays too many risky passes for Enzo's liking. 

• Like 2

I’ve watched the boys in blue for 40 years.
Spion kop, pen 2, the Wembleys, Oxford - last game of the season .. but that was painful.
No hunger, clueless and sadly not interested !!
Thankfully the Real V City game was on, hard to believe we were quarter finalists in this, the best tournament in world football … very recently !!!

There seems to be a real sense of privilege and entitlement that runs through the club and is defiantley exhibited by the players. A club like Millwall rolls their sleeves up and rolls us over relatively comfortably. 

We don't seem to have been the same since we moved to Seagrave and started handing out these ridiculous sized contracts to bang average players. 

I'd review the model an strategy and build up from The Academy and look to bring in some really good young prospects e.g James from Birmingham etc if available 

• Like 2

The worrying thing is that you just know the Plymouth and Preston games will be just like this. Possibly Blackburn as well, but the fact it's on the final day and at home might mean we show a bit more intent.

There is simply no excuses for last night. We looked like a team comfortable in mid-table who have a big cup game in a couple of days.

• Like 2

Keeper and defenders playing tip tap keep ball, midfield went missing, wingers taking the ball to the opponents bye line then trying to cut inside instead of crossing the ball to our forwards who where still in midfield. What a shambles we have become we never change the only time we push forward with any intent is when where behind, if we do get promoted where going to get spanked every game if we play this style of football.

• Like 1

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

The 2 results before Millwall certainly paper of the cracks. 

I'm starting to believe we're in the position we are in spite of the way we play. 

I did wonder/fear how much the last two results were down to the fans creating an atmosphere where the players were afraid to play slowly or negatively. There was a good intent about us in both matches.

Last night was back to our worst. Slow, predictable, one dimensional, soft and unambitious.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

How on earth did we go from the last two wins to that. Awful. Can’t actually believe some of these results with our squad.

I don’t know about you, but we were scrapping the bottom of the barrel too last two games. 

I don't mean this as a confrontational post, but I'd genuinely like to know why a large section of that away end were applauding the players off the pitch after that?

Have we become so accepting of our position on and off the pitch that fans think the players deserve a round of applause after that garbage?

14 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm starting to believe we're in the position we are in spite of the way we play. 

Imagine we don’t play this way and play a more traditional 4-4-2 in this league.

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Yes due to  fairly decent players at this level.These same players are being handicapped by Enzo

Our style of play is too slow and predicable.

Also it is risky tip tapping about near our own area to gain very little.We also leave

Massive counter attacking opportunities with centre backs carrying the ball forward to far and too slow.How many goals has this style resulted in.

Enzo is arrogant and inflexible,hopefully he will learn from this and be a better manager in his next job.

12 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I mean, on a basic level, football for a supporter is about entertainment and excitement.

Leicester have offered neither for the best part of two years.

I've been watching Leicester for 35 years, and even down to the league one days, this is the most uninspiring City team I've ever watched.

It's like watching a shit film over and over and over again. 

Watching Leicester is actually bad for your mental health, it's that boring and turgid, it's just shit every single week, even if the results are good on occasion.

There is nothing to like about this team in recent years.  It's a mess.

Seven.

Systematically coming since the implementation of a change in style by direction.

Part of the problem this season has been not drawing enough games, with the fewest amount in the league. Sure, we've won two more games than Leeds and Ipswich, but they've also picked up points by losing less and drawing more.

• Like 2

Just now, LC99FC said:

Part of the problem this season has been not drawing enough games, with the fewest amount in the league. Sure, we've won two more games than Leeds and Ipswich, but they've also picked up points by losing less and drawing more.

Just not as many points. Agree that not being able to grind out a draw is annoying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Over complicating things and giving Millwall too much respect. Just go for it and out-score them. Blood and guts, aggression.  Can even play the same system for me but play it fast and with the sole intention of scoring as soon as possible, from the first minute.

Because we didn’t do that, the game settles into a whole load of nothing that can go either way. So much for control. When is Enzo going to realise that football is a low scoring game and that control is a phantom idea. You need to account for worldies, bad ref decisions, players cocking up etc.

Games against good opposition, yeah they can be cagey.  But against EFL relegation fodder it should be prime Mike Tyson time. 

Annoying. If we’d just gone for it we’d have won no doubt.

No excuses not to go for it, we should play like we did second half v Norwich, we will win more than we lose, that is for sure and we have the quality to do it as well.

We are a vehicle for the manager's idea and I hate it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LC99FC said:

Spot on. This was a problem under Brendan at one point as well, if we don't win we lose. A few off days is inevitable over 46 games but you still need to have the grit to at least not get beat. 

Edited by Libertine
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

No excuses not to go for it, we should play like we did second half v Norwich, we will win more than we lose, that is for sure and we have the quality to do it as well.

We are a vehicle for the manager's idea and I hate it.

As me and a few others said at the time - Norwich had absolutely no desire to expend anything but minimum energy in that second half. That wasn't us turning into some mad domineering force - that was us facing a team that were happy to camp in their half, expend as little energy as possible and go for damage limitation.

It's like we've forgotten that at times we need to get a bit nasty, roll the sleeves up & do the dirty work. 

I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of our lot, last season was just the same. All that's changed is we've dropped down a division. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

As me and a few others said at the time - Norwich had absolutely no desire to expend anything but minimum energy in that second half. That wasn't us turning into some mad domineering force - that was us facing a team that were happy to camp in their half, expend as little energy as possible and go for damage limitation.

Yet its a team 2nd in the 6 and 10 form guide and one that also beat Ipswich a few days later.  All the evidence suggests they aren't turning up to games and rolling over. 

It was just one of those (currently rare) days where the tactics did their job.