Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Can you imagine a win tonight puts us 4 ahead of Leeds with game in and and chance for it to be 7 before they play Saturday. 

We just never ever make it that easy do we?

The thing is, due to the shadows cast by our two fifth placed seasons and our relegation season last year where we kept on having our control of our fate eroded and then eventually leaving it to ours, this is getting pretty nerve wrecking. Some fans kept saying that we will be fine but we were not.

Edited by Tom12345

Lost all faith that Enzo is the man for us should we go up still, will be a weird situation in summer with half the fan base not trusting him (and rightly so).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parker Pen said:

Faes caught out again up the pitch led to our goal. Alright he may have been fouled but the ref wasn’t having any of it. Throwing your hands up whilst on the floor, get up man and compete for the ball!

Watch it again. He gets up off the floor, then jogs back to defend. Winks is slowing the attacker down, providing any motivated and determined defender in Faes’s position time to get back and pressure the attacker from behind. Instead, Faes jogs back at a pace well below full-tilt aggressive defending and watches from 5 yards away as the shot is made.

I guess when you spend the whole game slowly wandering round, playing tippy tappy pass backs, it is hard to shift out of first gear.

If I were the manager, he’d get a right good bo llocking from me.

• Like 3

Fatawu our most dangerous player and only one that looked like he could create so they kept giving the ball to Mavididi? Did Doyle play a single cross field ball to stretch Millwall like he did when we opened Norwich up? Safe easy passes do not break teams down when theyve got 11 behind the ball. Such naive tactics and made it so easy for them

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, teblin said:

By his standards of this season winks had a poor game and if he has a bad game we do.

Winks has been poor second half of the season but nobody seems to question it. 

Constantly gives the ball away. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

9 losses in this dogshit league. How.

More than Luton last season with five games to spare. Three times as many as Burnley.

I bet we're not done yet.

8 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Basically I just feel like football is a very simple game when you have decent players relative to the opposition and we’ve had years and years of managers trying to complicate it.

What Millwall wanted us to do tonight was pass it slowly, start moves from as far back as possible and have rigid positions with no movement (let alone intelligent movement) off the ball. Because that’s easy to defend against.

Why do we choose to play a style of football that makes it easier for the opposition and harder for us to create chances?

Main reason I want a change of ownership. It's not a coincidence. This is what they want us to play like. It's all 'image' to them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

More than Luton last season with five games to spare. Three times as many as Burnley.

I bet we're not done yet.

We've also only won one less than Burnley with 5 to play, the issue is not being able to at the very least grind out draws in games we can't win. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Main reason I want a change of ownership. It's not a coincidence. This is what they want us to play like. It's all 'image' to them.

Good point, the reality is you can only emulate Manchester City if you have the players to do so. This obsession with playing a certain way is detrimental to the clubs progression. We need to be more flexible in our thinking and approach. Yes of course we should have a style and identity but it shouldn’t be so rigid and inflexible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still have no words. Just staggering that we’re in this situation. Dean Smith would have genuinely been better. 

What’s even more frightening, is Top et al knew full well that this season was possibly the most important in our recent history, and he decided to leave it in the hands of an inexperienced maniac. We’re going to end up being Maresca’s mistake, when we really can’t afford to be. This will be Top’s last gamble, and it is likely going to be the ultimate downfall of this club. 

Last night just proved we’re not going up, Maresca just can’t hack it. Top should be raging after watching that, but another scary thing is, I think this club would genuinely be happy if we finished third, and they would be that stupid to think we’d cope with the play offs. 

Enzo is nothing but a fraud, and the sooner he’s gone the better. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Still have no words. Just staggering that we’re in this situation. Dean Smith would have genuinely been better. 

What’s even more frightening, is Top et al knew full well that this season was possibly the most important in our recent history, and he decided to leave it in the hands of an inexperienced maniac. We’re going to end up being Maresca’s mistake, when we really can’t afford to be. This will be Top’s last gamble, and it is likely going to be the ultimate downfall of this club. 

Last night just proved we’re not going up, Maresca just can’t hack it. Top should be raging after watching that, but another scary thing is, I think this club would genuinely be happy if we finished third, and they would be that stupid to think we’d cope with the play offs. 

Enzo is nothing but a fraud, and the sooner he’s gone the better. 

Maniac 😂

I have slept on it and I will be  honest I am even more raging this morning, players will have off days and play poorly but what was totally unforgivable was the complete lack of effort, intensity, commitment and leadership. It was clear at half time that h things needed shaking up, and yet 2nd half just more of the same. 

As a collective that was utterly appalling, Enzo had an absolute shocker and the players were equally as awful. As I said I can forgive mistakes but a lack of effort is criminal and I am afraid that can be levelled at each and every one of them. They threw in the towel last night. 

Embarrassed and ashamed by that performance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Turgid performance

Yeah we're that predictable even our cat knows what time to leave the room for fear of retribution.

He slinks off 5 mins from the end with that resigned 'I'm sorry for your loss look' 

• Haha 1