Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Winks has been poor second half of the season but nobody seems to question it. 

Constantly gives the ball away. 

Most of them have to be fair. Not just him.

9 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I mean, on a basic level, football for a supporter is about entertainment and excitement.

Leicester have offered neither for the best part of two years.

I've been watching Leicester for 35 years, and even down to the league one days, this is the most uninspiring City team I've ever watched.

It's like watching a shit film over and over and over again. 

Watching Leicester is actually bad for your mental health, it's that boring and turgid, it's just shit every single week, even if the results are good on occasion.

There is nothing to like about this team in recent years.  It's a mess.

I could have written that myself, except I've been watching them for 51 years.

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Fatawu our most dangerous player and only one that looked like he could create so they kept giving the ball to Mavididi? Did Doyle play a single cross field ball to stretch Millwall like he did when we opened Norwich up? Safe easy passes do not break teams down when theyve got 11 behind the ball. Such naive tactics and made it so easy for them

Doyle was awful last night. As you say, against Norwich he sprayed the ball around and stretched them. Last night, he looked literally scared to pass the ball more than 5 yards and when he did it was not the best. He seemed jittery and nervous throughout I don't get it. Was he told to play like that? 

25 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We were poor against brum... the scoreline lied

Yeah I know it wasn’t great but there was a lot of desire and the players going nuts for the winner tricked me into thinking we’d push on. Yesterday’s performance was horrid.

• Sad 1

I do find the swapping around if wilf and kdh a little bizarre last night 

firstly, this isn’t a new tactic. He’s done it before and it usually looks like square pegs.  He says that it was done for pressing reasons. So the idea was that kdh (who presses higher) would be more effective on the right side - presumably due to millwalls strengths ?  Why weaken us to take account of them?  

our attacking strength within the set up we play is getting the 8 to break beyond the winger (inside)  and behind their back line.  If the winger doesn’t deliver the short pass into the runner then they can cut inside into the space left and should have either a shot availability or progressive pass to someone in space.   By swapping the 8’s we put wilf onto his left foot and kdh his right. Neither of which is likely to end well and whilst wilf did make a couple of fair attempts to do it on the left, kdh seemed to be tasked with a different role to usual on the right. towards the end with Abdul and Dennis on that side, we made inroads on their defensive structure with that tactic and both players ended up getting behind and created our only real chances late on.  

I would also argue that younus is not a winger likely to take on his player (outside)  so having wilf breaking beyond is even more important because coming inside is pretty much the only way he is getting past the full back. He also is calmer than Abdul once in that area. Given Stephy is struggling with his form (he’s been meh for weeks now but keeps retrieving his performance with a wonder goal or calm finish.but his general wing play has dropped off considerably), having kdh supporting him makes more sense that wilf. 

also, finally bringing on an extra striker to stretch their back line - wow!  But why wait till five mins left?  Should have been done on 75

• Like 3

I’d like to say Millwall is a horrible place to go and play but the way London has changed in the last few years it’s all prawn sandwiches and artisan coffee down that way now. Half of the crowd looked like baristas. Home crowd flat as a pancake.

No excuses. Just dreadful. I’ve been supporting leicester since 1984 and the last few years of football have been turgid. 

anyone who says you can’t play fast exciting on the break football is wrong and we’ve seen this with Ipswich. I’d genuinely like them to go up (and leicester obviously). 

i do wonder if this ffp stuff has affected the players more than they let on. Is suppose half who are good (optimistically half) are planning their way out with their agents and the other half are just biting their nails hoping they can get paid out on their contract.

the sad thing is. I’ll go into Friday night just expecting us to win. What did Einstein say?

Not an excuse but a question, do we think what is happening at the club behind the scenes is causing an issue on the pitch?

ever since the sensi deal fell through and ending clearly wasn’t happy.

also so many players out of contract or might not be here, very similar to last season.

1 minute ago, Winstonthedog said:

Crossed my mind ... that the club is in such a poor financial state ... they don't want to get promoted and face increased costs in wages ... points deduction ... and most of all not having a club capable of structurally being able to cope 

Nah promotion comes with a significantly higher revenue + 100m quid in TV money.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, teblin said:

Not an excuse but a question, do we think what is happening at the club behind the scenes is causing an issue on the pitch?

also so many players out of contract or might not be here, very similar to last season.

I really feel there won’t be much ownership of the mess internally. 

4 minutes ago, Winstonthedog said:

Crossed my mind ... that the club is in such a poor financial state ... they don't want to get promoted and face increased costs in wages ... points deduction ... and most of all not having a club capable of structurally being able to cope 

Promotion is the only option. Not getting promoted leaves us at the mercy of the EFL, who want to hammer us, so we’re likely to get a points deduction that will see us at genuine risk of relegation, we won’t be able to spend any money unless we sell 80% of the squad, and will likely have to rely on academy players.

It genuinely doesn’t bare thinking about…

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, teblin said:

To be honest, we were unconvincing for most games in the first half of the season too. I just think the chickens are coming home to roost. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Over complicating things and giving Millwall too much respect. Just go for it and out-score them. Blood and guts, aggression.  Can even play the same system for me but play it fast and with the sole intention of scoring as soon as possible, from the first minute.

Because we didn’t do that, the game settles into a whole load of nothing that can go either way. So much for control. When is Enzo going to realise that football is a low scoring game and that control is a phantom idea. You need to account for worldies, bad ref decisions, players cocking up etc.

Games against good opposition, yeah they can be cagey.  But against EFL relegation fodder it should be prime Mike Tyson time. 

Annoying. If we’d just gone for it we’d have won no doubt.

Spot on. I know it sounds odd but we lost that game in the first half yesterday, not the second because we showed them far too much respect and it meant that we one bit of quality/one mistake from us away from winning. 

• Like 1

Nothing will change.

You just know that at HT on Friday we will either be a goal down or 0-0 with 72% possession, 3 shots, none on target, 3 corners all cleared by the first man and once again the clown will not start Coady. 

20 minutes ago, teblin said:

It is all down Enzo and his stubborn slow style. 

• Like 1

Near out-of-contract Players looking not to get injured, thinking about their next move, a manager who appears to be sulking after the failed transfer window. Sound familiar? Rudkin out.

Just a mention for Enzo as well. He thought the season was finished when he made that "this player makes this season possible" comment to Winks. 

Edited by Vestan Pance

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Spot on. I know it sounds odd but we lost that game in the first half yesterday, not the second because we showed them far too much respect and it meant that we one bit of quality/one mistake from us away from winning. 

Yep, agreed. Game was lost first half. 

20 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

What was the reaction from the away end last night at the end of the game? 

Most clapped the team like the happy clappers usually do. I refused to clap that shit. My mate was a little more vociferous about how he felt but in the main apathetic applause.

• Like 1