Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Our Title Win

Now I've seen Dier thinks it was unfair because we played first 5 times out of 8 and we had an 89th minute winner against Norwich in February it has soiled the title win for me that we didn't win it fair and square. :mellow:

• Haha 2

Our "last minute wins" that season, if we're counting "last minute" as the winner being scored 85+ mins:

Villa 3-2 at home.

Norwich 1-0 at home.

That's literally it.

Spurs last minute wins:

Watford 2-1 away

Palace 3-1 away (Alli's "wonderstrike" they still spaff over came in the 84th minute so I'm including it)

Edited by urban.spaceman

No wonder Dier and Spurs can't win anything with the victim mentality. The playing first was only any good if we won. If we had lost it would hand the advantage over. Pesky little Leicester kept winning. The crucial time we drew with West Brom and Spurs could have gone top next evening but lost to West Ham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf games in title races and relegation battles should not be played at different times. They make a point of playing the last day at the same time but not the run-in. It is unfair. Just like this season it's unfair we have been playing first, generally, before Leeds and Ipswich.

And last season was continually after when we already looked ****ed as it was 

• Like 1

Also funny because most Spurs fans I speak to, either now or back then, see us as warranted winners and deserving of the title. Yeah we played before them sometimes but either way, we got the wins on the board. Thankfully the sane Spurs fans see that, and see that we were worth the victory in games and of the league. 

I'm surprised Dier even entertained questions or discussions about it considering it's been 8 years! 

4 hours ago, niyaminski said:

I hope Kane does win something for Bayern. Shows it’s not “the Kane curse” or whatever I’ve heard people calling it and just the fact Spurs are Spursy.

Kane needs to flagellate himself with a wet Arsenal shirt whilst screaming "CHAT SHIT GET BANGED" to oust the Spursy demon first

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

The 'pipped' to the title gets me lol

They didn't even finish 2nd ffs. 

Ha ha ha first thing I noticed

Pipped

lollollol

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

From game 28 to 36 when the title was confirmed these are the results and the game played first is listed first. We didn't play at the same time as far I can see.

Leicester 2 - 2 WBA

West Ham 1 - 0 Spurs 

Spurs 2 -2 Arsenal

Watford 0 - 1 Leicester 

Villa 0 - 1 Spurs 

Leicester 1 - 0 Newcastle 

Palace 0 - 1 Leicester 

Spurs 3 - 0 Bournemouth 

Liverpool 1 - 1 Spurs 

Leicester 1 - 0 Southampton 

Sunderland 0 - 2 Leicester 

Spurs 3 - 0 Man Utd

Leicester 2 - 2 West Ham 

Stoke 0 - 4 Spurs 

Leicester 4 - 0 Swansea 

Spurs 1 - 1 West Brom 

Leicester 1 - 1 Man Utd 

Chelsea 2 - 2 Spurs

So we did play first 5 out of those 8 games. Spurs only won once in the games they played first and draw the other 2. Both times they drew we took advantage and won. We also followed up their early win by winning out later game. Of the 5 games we played first we dropped points on 3 occasions. Spurs reacted to that by losing 1, drawing 1 and winning 1.

Facts are they had chances to put pressure on and failed. They had chances to react to us slipping up and failed.

Fun fact I remember from that season is that Villa never gained points on us on any match day throughout the season. On the rare occasion they won, so did we. When they drew, we didn't lose. When we lost so did they 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Any opportunity to post this again.

I love how that season Savage went from "Former Derby midfielder" to mentioning he played for us at every chance he got. Few did that after the title win. 

9 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Looking back at those results, I don’t remember many last minute winners, only equaliser versus West Ham.

Think we had 2 all season, well late winners anyway. Villa at home & Norwich at home? 

• Like 1

loads of daft fkwitz claimed to be part of it , every one has a story about person they know who staked a claim , from posters in shops reading were backing lcfc ho ho ho to once a year if that people ending up at the run in games god knows how but lets av it right their hearts were never in it and thel never know what it meant to us as supporters. personally it meant more to me than just football its all the crap we had to take down the years for loving the game and supporting our own citys team . foot balls to em all true magical season. 

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

Not only were Leicester always playing before Spurs but they were also fluking last-minute wins during the final couple of months

We scored an 89th minute winner versus Norwich in February, the Ulloa "earthquake" goal.

After that the latest we scored a winner was the 66th minute versus Sunderland in a 2-0 win.

I think it shows how much we had got into their heads and highlights the mental weakness in the spurs team which meant they were never going to win any title regardless of when we, or they, played. 

Fvcking pipped lollollollol 

:ranieri:

Also I think one of the best things I read regarding spurs title challenge was written by a spurs fan on the fighting cock, along the lines of “we (spurs) were never in a title race with Leicester, we were just the closest team to them” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amazed that our fans can't see the irony of poking fun at Spurs for claiming we were lucky and fluking last minute winners, whilst crying non stop about Ipswich doing the same thing this season

When the shoe is on the other foot eh.