Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Our Title Win

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/eric-dier-reveals-he-found-one-thing-really-unfair-when-leicester-pipped-spurs-to-pl-title/

Some on here know my hatered for spuds.

But I was saying this at the time. Al those that think Sky didn't want us to win the prem think about what Dier is saying.

Sky wanted our story more than anything. Be nice to know what they made selling footage of our games as the rest of the world caught the bug.

No other season has been like it for them.

• Like 4

Tbf games in title races and relegation battles should not be played at different times. They make a point of playing the last day at the same time but not the run-in. It is unfair. Just like this season it's unfair we have been playing first, generally, before Leeds and Ipswich.

Oh right. So we fluked last minute wins. I thought it was us going for it to the end. Lucky, plucky old Leicester.

He may have a point with them rarely being able to apply pressure to us, playing second all the time. Anyhow they came third in a two horse race - Spursy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

Dier and Kane can't even win a trophy at Bayern, serial losers.

I hope Kane does win something for Bayern. Shows it’s not “the Kane curse” or whatever I’ve heard people calling it and just the fact Spurs are Spursy.

Just now, niyaminski said:

I hope Kane does win something for Bayern. Shows it’s not “the Kane curse” or whatever I’ve heard people calling it and just the fact Spurs are Spursy.

Won't Spurs continuing to be Spursy while Kane's failing to win anything at Bayern Munich show that anyway?

'Fluked' last-minute wins? The games are 90+ minutes, not 89 minutes. I'm sure those Bergwijn goals the other year were a fluke then? That we didn't defend horrendously and the momentum with Spurs didn't mean a thing?

Always playing second will have been annoying, sure. But some teams thrive on chasing rather than being chased. If the manager and squad can't adapt to that situation then they didn't deserve to win anything :dunno:

I actually think it’s worse playing first.  The opposition then know what they need to do - whether they have to push for a win, or whether a draw will be enough.  The fact that at the moment we keep getting Friday matches and early Saturday kick-offs makes it harder for us.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

From game 28 to 36 when the title was confirmed these are the results and the game played first is listed first. We didn't play at the same time as far I can see.

Leicester 2 - 2 WBA

West Ham 1 - 0 Spurs 

Spurs 2 -2 Arsenal

Watford 0 - 1 Leicester 

Villa 0 - 1 Spurs 

Leicester 1 - 0 Newcastle 

Palace 0 - 1 Leicester 

Spurs 3 - 0 Bournemouth 

Liverpool 1 - 1 Spurs 

Leicester 1 - 0 Southampton 

Sunderland 0 - 2 Leicester 

Spurs 3 - 0 Man Utd

Leicester 2 - 2 West Ham 

Stoke 0 - 4 Spurs 

Leicester 4 - 0 Swansea 

Spurs 1 - 1 West Brom 

Leicester 1 - 1 Man Utd 

Chelsea 2 - 2 Spurs

So we did play first 5 out of those 8 games. Spurs only won once in the games they played first and draw the other 2. Both times they drew we took advantage and won. We also followed up their early win by winning out later game. Of the 5 games we played first we dropped points on 3 occasions. Spurs reacted to that by losing 1, drawing 1 and winning 1.

Facts are they had chances to put pressure on and failed. They had chances to react to us slipping up and failed.

Looking back at those results, I don’t remember many last minute winners, only equaliser versus West Ham.

• Like 3

it's all ifs, buts and maybes. It is the same in every title race. The demands of TV mean title rivals play at different time.

The bottom line is the league table is more or less irrelevant until all games have been completed.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

From game 28 to 36 when the title was confirmed these are the results and the game played first is listed first. We didn't play at the same time as far I can see.

Leicester 2 - 2 WBA

West Ham 1 - 0 Spurs 

Spurs 2 -2 Arsenal

Watford 0 - 1 Leicester 

Villa 0 - 1 Spurs 

Leicester 1 - 0 Newcastle 

Palace 0 - 1 Leicester 

Spurs 3 - 0 Bournemouth 

Liverpool 1 - 1 Spurs 

Leicester 1 - 0 Southampton 

Sunderland 0 - 2 Leicester 

Spurs 3 - 0 Man Utd

Leicester 2 - 2 West Ham 

Stoke 0 - 4 Spurs 

Leicester 4 - 0 Swansea 

Spurs 1 - 1 West Brom 

Leicester 1 - 1 Man Utd 

Chelsea 2 - 2 Spurs

So we did play first 5 out of those 8 games. Spurs only won once in the games they played first and draw the other 2. Both times they drew we took advantage and won. We also followed up their early win by winning out later game. Of the 5 games we played first we dropped points on 3 occasions. Spurs reacted to that by losing 1, drawing 1 and winning 1.

Facts are they had chances to put pressure on and failed. They had chances to react to us slipping up and failed.

I also don't see any 'fluke last minute wins' there. The WHU game we maybe got a bit fortunate with the last minute penalty to snatch a draw.

• Like 1

Good to see recent LCFC levels of self-reflection on show. You lost out on the title because you didn't play well enough, loser.

Fun that they're still smarting about this, we've since won another trophy and got relegated whilst they've been a top 6 fixture and use that to well... I don't know, be around European football? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

I actually think it’s worse playing first.  The opposition then know what they need to do - whether they have to push for a win, or whether a draw will be enough.  The fact that at the moment we keep getting Friday matches and early Saturday kick-offs makes it harder for us.  

I can’t see it’s an advantage to play the game first. If anything it’s better to play the later game.

Not only were Leicester always playing before Spurs but they were also fluking last-minute wins during the final couple of months

We scored an 89th minute winner versus Norwich in February, the Ulloa "earthquake" goal.

After that the latest we scored a winner was the 66th minute versus Sunderland in a 2-0 win.

• Like 4