Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Middlesbrough v Leeds

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It will come down to mental strength as well as physical freshness. Leeds fans don't seem convinced their players have the bottle for it, just as we weren't convinced about our players after Millwall and Plymouth. In the end, our players did show a lot of bottle on Saturday, which ultimately got us over the line in a game we probably should have lost. Can the Leeds players do the same in a high pressure game? I have my doubts, but we'll find out later...

Boro are no mugs too. 

I have always liked Boro...I don't think I have said that enough. I wish them well...

Was that sincere enough? Because I bloody hate Leeds fans. Would love to see them in the playoffs instead of us and Ipswich. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

An inter-sport rivalry, shame there's no derbies.

I'm pretty sure I went to a Leicester Tigers v's Leicester City evening where they played 1 half football & 1 half rugby (likely not the first teams for either). Was at Welford Rd - late 80s.

I've sure they played football against each other & then had mixed teams for the rugby to make the scrums fairer.

My main memory of the night was finding that a bird had shat on my coat, which took my eye off the game for a while, but I don't think I dreamt it entirely... anyone else remember this?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Being happy that a rugby club that represents our city lost in a derby game is just so weird to me. It can't just be me that finds the idea of there being an intersport rivalry between Leicester City and Leicester Tigers to be pathetic? 

I used to go to Tigers games late 80s/ early 90s when City were away .

When they read Leicesters half time and full time scores out . A large section of the crowd would cheer and laugh if we were losing. 

But the other way round you'd get the Kop cheering on a Tigers win and chants of " Tigers" by the crowd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I used to go to Tigers games late 80s/ early 90s when City were away .

When they read Leicesters half time and full time scores out . A large section of the crowd would cheer and laugh if we were losing. 

But the other way round you'd get the Kop cheering on a Tigers win and chants of " Tigers" by the crowd. 

I know the history. I just think it's daft either way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

You're right - it is pathetic and childish. But they started it. 

Picking up on this, knew a few Tigers fans back in the day when they were winning everything and we were in League 1, does give me the odd chuckle when they began to struggle a bit and we won the PL, I wouldn't go as far to publically slam the Tigers or actually feel like there is some rivaly, a chuckle to myself nonetheless. 

I like rugby but struggle with the Tigers. They were so excited when we were suffering at the thought of moving into our stadium(2007) and making us effectively fee paying tenants. I love Leicester city because I believe the majority of people who support us, want the city as a whole to do well. I don’t believe the majority of Tigers’ fans care about the city. They are from Norfolk, Herefordshire, Cambridgeshire and Rutland, so of course it feels differently. Of course there are exceptions. I can’t say I want them to lose but apathy is probably best to describe my feelings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

I'm pretty sure I went to a Leicester Tigers v's Leicester City evening where they played 1 half football & 1 half rugby (likely not the first teams for either). Was at Welford Rd - late 80s.

I've sure they played football against each other & then had mixed teams for the rugby to make the scrums fairer.

My main memory of the night was finding that a bird had shat on my coat, which took my eye off the game for a while, but I don't think I dreamt it entirely... anyone else remember this?

Edit: I was beaten to it and feel like an idiot now.

Edited by Foxmeister
  • Haha 1