Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Middlesbrough v Leeds

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

I keep saying it, Leeds are nothing special. Their "run" was the first time they managed a bit of consistency all season and theyve lost a third of their away games.

Boro unbeaten in 8. We live in hope.

But the media and the commentators have been bumming them all season. Unbearable and they have won f... all for decades :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I never watched a single Spurs game in 15/16…. I’ll keep an eye out for the score, but I’ll be going nowhere near this game…

c’mon Boro though 💪🏿 

Not even the one at Chelsea when Eden Hazard’s goal got us the title? One of my favourite games of all time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but Leeds will finish on 85+ points and may not even get promoted. The top three sides are all "special" as this season we may see the third place team finish on 90 points which is mad.

I don't like Leeds but they're a good side. The top three all deserve to go up really.

I'll revise that, the top 3 aren't anything special. It's a poor quality league and says more about the level of football in the division that the top 3 or 4 are miles ahead of the rest.

I know there's a narrative about it being a "competitive" league and crazy and all those other quotes but the best description is that if they were playing Championship games in your back garden you'd shut the curtains.

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

Not even the one at Chelsea when Eden Hazard’s goal got us the title? One of my favourite games of all time!

Nope…. I strolled up and down in my sisters kitchen line an expectant father…

went nuts afterwards though…. Naturally!

• Haha 2

Dont need to watch it or keep an eye on the score, I have a Leeds fan mate, I will 100% get a 300 word text essay from him telling me how great they were, even if they play Dog shite and lose, he will somehow turn a loss into a win, hope Boro thrash them, badly... 

Leicester win tick.

Southampton loss tick.

Forest defeat tick

(and issue a statement about corrupt VAR officials).

Coventry loss tick!!

If Calsberg did football weekends this is it...

Boro to beat Leeds nailed on!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I watched it at my local. 

Took a bottle of Champagne with me ! Not a bad night.......truth be told. 

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

I'll revise that, the top 3 aren't anything special. It's a poor quality league and says more about the level of football in the division that the top 3 or 4 are miles ahead of the rest.

I know there's a narrative about it being a "competitive" league and crazy and all those other quotes but the best description is that if they were playing Championship games in your back garden you'd shut the curtains.

Just like any league, or most league's, the difference in budgets is massive. For instance Plymouth and Rotherham record signings both stand at £1million yet we're spending £10million on an ex England international and Leeds have £30million+ forwards. 

There's loads of teams in this league with limited resources, of course the top 3/top 4 including Southampton are miles ahead.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Leicester win tick.

Southampton loss tick.

Forest defeat tick

(and issue a statement about corrupt VAR officials).

Coventry loss tick!!

If Calsberg did football weekends this is it...

Boro to beat Leeds nailed on!!!!

Tigers lost too 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just like any league, or most league's, the difference in budgets is massive. For instance Plymouth and Rotherham record signings both stand at £1million yet we're spending £10million on an ex England international and Leeds have £30million+ forwards. 

There's loads of teams in this league with limited resources, of course the top 3/top 4 including Southampton are miles ahead.

I get your point. But Southampton, Leeds and us had been Prem teams for a few seasons. We all have Prem players and Prem money. Next season will be different in the Championship if Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton are relegated as they won't have survived even a season of Prem football. 

I'd love for Ipswich and either West Brom or Norwich to come up with us as they won't have the budgets/spending power of Leeds/Southampton. If only one of Burnley or Luton can survive it would really help us out. 

All nonsense until we get over the line ourselves tho. Let's hope that's sooner rather than later. 

Will be interesting to see how Boro set up in this. Whether they low block how they did against us, and how other teams have been against Leeds recently. Or play their natural game which has got them back in the mix. 

3 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think Leeds turn them over unfortunately. They’ve had a long break off and just looked fatigued in their previous games 

It will come down to mental strength as well as physical freshness. Leeds fans don't seem convinced their players have the bottle for it, just as we weren't convinced about our players after Millwall and Plymouth. In the end, our players did show a lot of bottle on Saturday, which ultimately got us over the line in a game we probably should have lost. Can the Leeds players do the same in a high pressure game? I have my doubts, but we'll find out later...