Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

On 21/04/2024 at 22:14, StanSP said:

Nope. Extortionate and the club surely know it. 

But it's just another method to get everyone to a digitised world. 

Spot on how long before you need a smart phone just to enter a supermarket

• Like 1

I asked AI to write me a letter to complain 

Write a letter to Leicester city football club complaining that they are charging fans £25 to have a physical season ticket card as they want you to go digital

This was what was generated, pretty impressive 😂😂

Leicester City Football Club
King Power Stadium
Filbert Way
Leicester
LE2 7FL

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP]

[Phone Number]
[Date]

Dear Leicester City Football Club,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my disappointment and concern regarding the recent decision to charge fans £25 for a physical season ticket card, while encouraging them to go digital. As a loyal supporter of Leicester City, I believe this new policy overlooks the needs and preferences of fans who still value the traditional physical ticketing experience.

Firstly, I understand the club's intention to promote digital ticketing as a more convenient and environmentally friendly solution. However, it is important to acknowledge that not all fans are comfortable or technologically inclined to adapt to this change. Some supporters, especially the older generation, may find it difficult to navigate digital platforms or may simply prefer the sentimental value of a physical season ticket card. By imposing an additional charge for the physical card, the club is essentially penalizing these fans for their personal preferences.

Moreover, the £25 fee seems disproportionate considering that the digital ticketing option should be a cost-saving measure for the club. Instead of passing on the benefits of reduced administrative costs to the fans, it feels as though the club is using this opportunity to generate additional revenue at the expense of supporters.

I understand that the club may argue that providing a digital ticketing option allows for better crowd management and enhances the overall matchday experience. However, it is essential to find a balance between technological advancements and the desires of the fanbase. A more inclusive approach would involve offering the digital option alongside the physical card at no extra cost, allowing fans to choose what suits them best.

As a devoted supporter, I kindly request that Leicester City Football Club reconsider this decision and revise the policy regarding the £25 charge for physical season ticket cards. It is crucial to prioritize the preferences and needs of the fans, as they are the lifeblood of the club. By embracing a more flexible approach, the club can demonstrate its commitment to providing an inclusive and fan-centric experience.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope for a positive resolution to this matter.

Yours faithfully,

[Your Name]

• Like 3

On 22/04/2024 at 11:32, worth_the_wait said:

Spot on.

It's the club being control freaks and wanting to track everyone ... and wanting to make sure you can't pass your card on to a fellow City-supporting mother/father/brother/sister/uncle/aunt/nephew/niece/grandparent/grandson/granddaughter/friend/neighbour/work colleague/etc ... without them knowing about it first.

Hopefully with enough uproar they will do a U Turn 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saxondale said:

No, I won’t. Which means they’ve achieved their objective. Not happy about it though.

What’s the crack at other clubs? We can’t be the only ones going through this sort of thing.

Similar schemes but not charging £25 for the privilege. They think people are stupid 

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

It's set at that price so people won't pay it. You then can't give it to your brother or best mate to go to a game.

I kind of agree but as i said on another post it's easy if not a lot easier to transfer a mobile ticket to someone else than an actual card. Even if they have already downloaded it

On 21/04/2024 at 22:23, goose2010 said:

Narhh not bothering renewing. 

Works out at £100 a game for our 4 now. That's before anything else on the match day. It's simply isn't worth it. 

be an idea to maybe renew 2 and share em half games each . not my business rgd your finances so no offence meant ,  just an idea maybe as im health wise ok half the time and other not so was hoping to go halves with  a mate  as i get older and worse for ware but i think this  lot in charge will make that impossible asap so bare that in mind .  

52 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

I kind of agree but as i said on another post it's easy if not a lot easier to transfer a mobile ticket to someone else than an actual card. Even if they have already downloaded it

Being of a certain age and not knowing, how would you do that?  Asking for a friend. 

Looked at the club video today and it's hardly consumer friendly compared to just having a card stuck in your wallet. It's clearly for them and not the supporters. 

The best thing about this is that the technology doesn't even work properly. Seen a number of folk not getting in and being sent to the ticket office.

Absolute farce.

i'm ok with it going up if they grow up and let us share when we can't go and i guess that's why they want it on our mobiles , it takes me back tho to when some  ssn ticket holders moaned the club were selling quid a kid or making games cheap to general sale to get fans in whilst now club make out it's unfair to members if we share , it's all rubbish and petty , i'm privileged to be a season ticket holder of many years i want to share if can't make it as its nice n simple and if general public get in free or cheap good luck to em. there was no such thing as a waiting list ten year ago remember that.  

I'm surprised at all the comments from people saying you can't share a digital season ticket, from what I understand it's much easier to share with someone else than the actual card, you don't need to meet in person like you do with the card, at least plenty of people were doing this this season

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

Change of sponsorship is cited as one of the reasons. 

Hahaha I assume they’re getting a better commercial deal from the change of sponsorship. Also more commercial opportunity from being in the prem, yet the fans who have season tickets and have been supporting the club long enough to have a season ticket are punished for £25. Who the hell at the club would sign this decision off?! 

Edited by Unabomber