Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Statement on Proposed Price Rises

I guess it’s pretty insulting for you to be blanked by the club on something like this, so like others I’m appreciative of your contact with them.

What however is the expectation here and what can be done? The club (at best) will surely just respond with some lip service along the lines of bearing any of your challenges in mind in the future? And there’s been no increase for X amount of years blah blah blah.

If they aren’t respectful enough to even gauge your response weeks before the increase, then after the event is even more unlikely?

Theres the issue of charging folk £15 if they miss a DD payment also and then holding them to ransom at renewal time if they’ve missed three or more. Did anything ever get done about the admin fee on tickets too or did that just get left? Is it all profiteering? 

Any increase or extra charges at all next season considering how things are being run is completely tone deaf IMO.

Good luck with it all 

so the club have said the following:

In the two seasons since LCFC introduced Mobile Tickets (NFC), we have gauged feedback, resolved issues and discussed potential future roll-out with fans through: Day-to-day enquiries to LCFC Help Meetings and conversations with organised supporter groups, Our Fans Consultative Committee

7 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

As the statement makes reference to,  we have had dialogue with Union FS and the Official Supporters Club tonight, with a joint meeting with the club being sought

This seems to imply that the club haven’t discussed this with any of the groups so who is the “organised supporter groups” the club have claimed they have spoken to? 

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

so the club have said the following:

In the two seasons since LCFC introduced Mobile Tickets (NFC), we have gauged feedback, resolved issues and discussed potential future roll-out with fans through: Day-to-day enquiries to LCFC Help Meetings and conversations with organised supporter groups, Our Fans Consultative Committee

This seems to imply that the club haven’t discussed this with any of the groups so who is the “organised supporter groups” the club have claimed they have spoken to? 

I read that as previous conversations about the use of Mobile Tickets but not a conversation about this level of implementation and the alternative option of a £25 charge. 

It's time to be challenging the club now. For so long they've enjoyed the support of the fans with very little challenge.

A lot of recent changes smack of 'we've got 'em now' as though this is just a given. I'm not a customer. I resent being treated by Leicester City how Ryan Air treats the folk using their service. It's not a one-way street.

• Like 2

Just now, leatherhead32 said:

if you conceal it like that guy on midnight express :sweating: then again he got caught and spent years in a turkish jail.  :cry:  

sorry mate yes you can but the stewards are funny about cans and bottle tops due to health and safety :surrender: theve got hi viz jackets and arnt afraid to use em.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RYM said:

Theres the issue of charging folk £15 if they miss a DD payment also and then holding them to ransom at renewal time if they’ve missed three or more. Did anything ever get done about the admin fee on tickets too or did that just get left? Is it all profiteering? 

With an annual loss >£100m not really sure we can accuse them of profiteering!? 

Edited by 5waller5

55 minutes ago, Ky Le Don said:

Can you take food and drink into the stadium?

Club policy is no, they want you paying their ridiculous rip off prices (if I recall correctly it's £2.50 for a bottle of water!)

I've been stopped once when carrying a bottle of water into the ground by hand but I now just keep one in my coat pocket and have never had any issues since. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Globalfox said:

Many fans were consulted my wife and I received feedback questionnaire a couple of months ago where these were specific questions except for the % rise. The Trust represents a small amount of the fan base so even if you were not consulted does not mean fans were not. Digital ticketing works its here to stay move on we have bigger challenges. The 5% and !0% in premium areas are actually very reasonable. The 25 quid for accommodating extra work seems reasonable I would charge similar in my business. Success in football comes at a price.

Accommodating extra work?     As in simply allowing people to keep their existing ST card, which should work next season as per last season?   FFS

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

Many fans were consulted my wife and I received feedback questionnaire a couple of months ago where these were specific questions except for the % rise. The Trust represents a small amount of the fan base so even if you were not consulted does not mean fans were not. Digital ticketing works its here to stay move on we have bigger challenges. The 5% and !0% in premium areas are actually very reasonable. The 25 quid for accommodating extra work seems reasonable I would charge similar in my business. Success in football comes at a price.

What extra work or cost is involved in enabling a card I already possess?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

Yeah the price being it's loyal fan-base! 

1 hour ago, Ky Le Don said:

Can you take food and drink into the stadium?

There were a couple of young lads in the queue to get in on Saturday. They had bought burgers outside the turnstiles and were only about half way through them. Security wouldn't let them in without either finishing them, or throwing them away. Madness. Such a massive disconnect between the club and fans.

20 minutes ago, Globalfox said:

Sounds like they consulted the fans who had chose digital tickets???

I’m assuming the help events they refer to were those that went to the workshops they held for supporters who had switched to digital tickets helping them understand how it works and how to use them. Sounds like a carefully selected supporter feedback group was asked to get the answers they wanted.

The only reason they’d freeze out other supporters groups because they know the response and wanted to get it out before it could be publicly challenged.

1 hour ago, Globalfox said:

can you quantify many? (if you know)

The club would also be more than aware that communication of any increase should at bare minimum be run through the trust for complete transparency. Not for approval, just from an awareness perspective. That's pretty much best practice and what the likes of the EPL, EFL and FSA would actively encourage. 

The last time we had success was in 2021. 

• Like 1

I worked out the other day that a £50 increase on your season ticket sustains the club's losses for 17 seconds. 

Do you actually think you digging deeper to pay more actually makes a difference to the club? 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I worked out the other day that a £50 increase on your season ticket sustains the club's losses for 17 seconds. 

Do you actually think you digging deeper to pay more actually makes a difference to the club? 

Depends if those 17 seconds takes us into the next financial year or not lol 

• Haha 1

I wonder what your customers think of you.

• Haha 1