Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

3 hours ago, brownfox said:

A bit of a conundrum for me for this game. 
my wife’s cousin a Preston fan offered me a seat with him for this game but slight issue. 1. I don’t want to get kicked in sitting with PNE fans, 2, how do I contain my excitement if Leicester score? 3. His seat is near the away fans, imagine sitting there getting stick from Leicester fans without being able to reveal I’m a Leicester fan!!

I may decline the offer!

I would have to decline. I was offered a seat at Spurs last season and had to decline. I’ve been in the home end before, Tony Cottee scored at Old Trafford, around 2000 and I had to keep my gob shut. 

22nd April 2014, Bolton 0-1 LCFC, Lloyd Dyer scoring to confirm us as champions. 

10 years later and we're back in the North West where we can confirm promotion and possibly even the title again, depending on other results. 

Video I took at that game came up on my fb memories on Monday, great day for me, especially with me living not far from Boltons stadium. 

Maybe Mavididi can grab a goal against his old club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I have done it a few times - always want to see the city but sitting with their home fans and having to politely clap along when they score is bloody awful. You've basically got to celebrate entirely within your own head, and you can't even talk to your mate because anything you say will give you away. Don't think I'd bother again. 

I sat in the home end at Brugge wierd experience to say the least

3 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I sat in the home end at Brugge wierd experience to say the least

I did it at Bruges and Seville. It wasn't so bad at Bruges as there were a few empty seats around us and it didn't feel particularly dicey. Seville was different - we really had to keep a low profile there. Not reacting to Schmeichel's penalty save or Vardy's goal was torture...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The celebrations last night need to be moved on from and get the job done. This isn't done and dusted, but we are in a great position now.

I still want the title but it's not as important as getting over the line. Our away form has gone to rat shit, especially against dross and we need to exorcise those demons on Monday.

I think the penny has dropped as well as some rediscovery of confidence and determined belief and we will fight for the points to get it done but until then focus.

Great shout.

Positives & learnings - we beat them 3-0 at home, we have just won 2 in a row, fell over in the 1st, more impressive in the 2nd, BUT their confidence will/should be much higher.

Any win will be a GREAT result, even a point, would be great to get to 100pts, but the great thing is Leeds & Ipswich will have played and we will still be top and have a very clear idea of what is required.

Hopefully the visits to Plymouth, Millwall, Bristol etc. will be forgotten, we have some leeway and the points are on the board.

If we spank them brilliant, but I'd take a grubby 1-0 now, or as I said even a point at the very worst BUT would be GREAT to go up in front of 5676 Leicester fans with a win if required.

I've been this season to Norwich, QPR, West Brom, Birmingham, Ipswich, Millwall (Cup), Stoke, Watford, Bournemouth.

But also Coventry, Leeds, Bristol C, Plymouth

I know which line I want this result added to of the two above!!!

Cmon you Foxes!!!:scarf:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I have done it a few times - always want to see the city but sitting with their home fans and having to politely clap along when they score is bloody awful. You've basically got to celebrate entirely within your own head, and you can't even talk to your mate because anything you say will give you away. Don't think I'd bother again. 

Chucked out of Villa Park for celebrating Izzet's goal so I feel your pain.

31 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I did it at Bruges and Seville. It wasn't so bad at Bruges as there were a few empty seats around us and it didn't feel particularly dicey. Seville was different - we really had to keep a low profile there. Not reacting to Schmeichel's penalty save or Vardy's goal was torture...

It was safe in Brugge just couldn’t celebrate anything. Oh for the European nights again

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Snap 

close to getting sussed out too

tbf, got a nice box, book and scarf for becoming a Brugge member 😄

lol I got a ticket from a mate who’s mate is Dutch who has a friend who’s a Brugge season ticket older 

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

If Leeds draw we don’t need a point as well correct? 

If they draw they now need to overcome a 4 goal deficit.

To be fair, they could probably put 4 past Southampton on the last day.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

No way I’d be happy to leave that to goal difference 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

22nd April 2014, Bolton 0-1 LCFC, Lloyd Dyer scoring to confirm us as champions. 

10 years later and we're back in the North West where we can confirm promotion and possibly even the title again, depending on other results. 

Video I took at that game came up on my fb memories on Monday, great day for me, especially with me living not far from Boltons stadium. 

Maybe Mavididi can grab a goal against his old club.

21st April 2007 - Preston 0-1 Leicester. Nils-Eric Johansson bags a last minute winner to all but secure safety :D

image.png.0355e75296dd713092f1209661b15559.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If leeds draw, they will finish level on points with us if they win their final game and we lose both of ours. In which case they would almost certainly have a better goal difference. 

4 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Is it wrong to want Leeds to win on Friday so we can have a proper celebration when we secure promotion at Preston on Monday night?

Yes - go think about what you just said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3