Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

A bit of a conundrum for me for this game. 
my wife’s cousin a Preston fan offered me a seat with him for this game but slight issue. 1. I don’t want to get kicked in sitting with PNE fans, 2, how do I contain my excitement if Leicester score? 3. His seat is near the away fans, imagine sitting there getting stick from Leicester fans without being able to reveal I’m a Leicester fan!!

I may decline the offer!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brownfox said:

my wife’s cousin a Preston fan offered me a seat with him for this game but slight issue. 1. I don’t want to get kicked in sitting with PNE fans, 2, how do I contain my excitement if Leicester score? 3. His seat is near the away fans, imagine sitting there getting stick from Leicester fans without being able to reveal I’m a Leicester fan!!

I may decline the offer!

This can be easily solved by doing a stage dive into the away end when we score.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, brownfox said:

I may decline the offer!

... just take the kicking!!

Its called 'taking one for the team' !!!!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Does anybody have transistor radios?

Unlikely. One for the veterans of tense run-ins before mobile phones. Rumours (usually false started by wannabe commedian's) spreading around the stands of goals elsewhere. Even had that last season at the relegation match.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

... just take the kicking!!

Its called 'taking one for the team' !!!!

If it all kicks off obviously I’ll turn towards the PNE fans and hold em off like Gandolf the grey! “Thou shall not pass” but I wonder if they will be gentlemanly and allow Time out, because I got a stitch from running up 5 steps!!

In the space of just over a fortnight back in the autumn, we beat Southampton, Preston and Blackburn all by three goal margins. On that basis, plus the confidence flowing from last night's win against Southampton, it's hard to see how we'll fail to get into the automatic promotion placings probably on Monday, especially as Preston have lost their last three games and will have nothing much to play for. The final game against Blackburn could be trickier if we're up by then, because we may relax and throw away the opportunity to become champions.

• Like 1

I'm not getting too excited. This lot are prime Championship DROSS. Forgetful players, forgetful football. Put my hand on the table and say they were the worst i have seen at the KP this season.  Mid table forgettable w@nk.  

They are going to park the bus and flood the midfield. If there was a game where Fatawu needs to remember about keeping those shots down its this one. Its going to be a horrilble watch and everyone is going to think Enzo has reverted to form.

It's got a 1-0 smash and grab written all over it unless we are clinical. I'm hoping that the guys take the same shooting boots with them. I think this might be a typical foxestalk match day thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Think we'll finish this off in style.

What is Preston known for and what's there as know nothing about the area.

I think they won the first ever league title and haven't won it since.

Work with a Preston season ticket holder and he is giving them no chance. He absolutely hates Ryan Lowe too lol

However, I've informed him how we like to make it difficult and the fact he says Lowe is negative tactically makes me have nightmares of a Millwall/Plymouth repeat. Although they do tend to concede goals.

They've been abysmal in recent games.

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What is Preston known for and what's there as know nothing about the area.

Think he was the lad that got roasted on Never Mind The Buzzcocks and walked off during live filming 

We've been really poor away recently but hopefully with Preston having little to play for they won't be deploying a low block. Should be an entertaining game and confidence should be sky high, 1-3.

Looking at the table, Blackburn may need a draw or a win to make sure of staying up on the final day. We have to get this done at Preston. The nervy play will return in abundance if we don’t. 

3 hours ago, brownfox said:

I may decline the offer!

There's always the option of buying a ticket in the away end? 

• Haha 1

Ryan Lowe was at the game last night.

So he'll be confused with last night's performance.

Mads going long, speed of transition, actually taking shots from outside the box. Wtf was going on :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Just now, Chico1958 said:

Ryan Lowe was at the game last night.

So he'll be confused with last night's performance.

Mads going long, speed of transition, actually taking shots from outside the box. Wtf was going on :ph34r:

He would have written 2 things in his note book.

Low, and block.

3 hours ago, brownfox said:

I may decline the offer!

I have done it a few times - always want to see the city but sitting with their home fans and having to politely clap along when they score is bloody awful. You've basically got to celebrate entirely within your own head, and you can't even talk to your mate because anything you say will give you away. Don't think I'd bother again.