Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

8 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Is it wrong to want Leeds to win on Friday so we can have a proper celebration when we secure promotion at Preston on Monday night?

Draw would be ideal. Makes promotion almost a certainty but not before we play Preston.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Is it wrong to want Leeds to win on Friday so we can have a proper celebration when we secure promotion at Preston on Monday night?

They'll still celebrate Monday with the fans even if QPR win Friday. Title is still there for us!

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yes it is, our implied chance of promotion is 96%. Promotion is likely but it's far from a certainty and a foregone conclusion.

This is giving me horrible flashbacks when some people on here wanted Tottenham to beat Chelsea in 2016 so we could secure the title ourselves by beating Everton.

We've just lost back to back versus Millwall and Ipswich, is it beyond people's imagination that we could do the same versus Preston and Blackburn? As things stand we still need 3pts, it's not a given. I will certainly be cheering on QPR on Friday.

Yup want QPR to win Friday, would prefer Ipswich promoted, then we won't finish bottom next season IF we go up :D

Want Hull to beat Ipswich too

In sport you can't pick, just have to get it done anyway but be promoted!!!  Even if they both lose there is still something on the line Monday, the title (icing on the cake)

• Like 2

Btw Ipswich fans on their forum want to go up with us because of points deductions. I reckon we still finish midtable with one if we go up. Just have to get there.

Cute of them, eh 

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Btw Ipswich fans on their forum want to go up with us because of points deductions. I reckon we still finish midtable with one if we go up. Just have to get there.

Cute of them, eh 

Same. I think both Everton and Forest have further deductions on the way, especially Forest. 

The bottom 8 clubs on the premier league are shit. So provided we do things properly, we should be good for a mid table finish. 

But like you say, provided we get there…

1 hour ago, WilmslowFox said:

I think I want them to draw although I'm adamant I'd regret this when we go and lose 1-0 lol 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Yes it is, our implied chance of promotion is 96%. Promotion is likely but it's far from a certainty and a foregone conclusion.

This is giving me horrible flashbacks when some people on here wanted Tottenham to beat Chelsea in 2016 so we could secure the title ourselves by beating Everton.

We've just lost back to back versus Millwall and Plymouth, is it beyond people's imagination that we could do the same versus Preston and Blackburn? As things stand we still need 3pts, it's not a given. I will certainly be cheering on QPR on Friday.

What us over the line ASAP  if this means before we play again or before Blackburn game so be it.

2 hours ago, WilmslowFox said:

Not after blowing a seemingly unassailable lead. I just want promotion secured as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

They won't give us the space that Soton did. Could be very much like the Millwall / Plymouth games were you really have to force your chances. If we struggle to break them down it could start to get nervy again. 

I've been saying for sometime now that this title is ours to lose. 

Teams like Preston & Blackburn shouldn't really present too much of a difficulty for us. 

One thing is for sure is that I’ve well and truly given up trying to predict results for LCFC. 

After the Millwall and Plymouth debacles I had zero confidence of 6 points from West Brom and Southampton. Let alone a 5-0 thrashing in the latter.

I’ve no idea whether to expect a horrible performance and defeat or a glorious victory and promotion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Nearly 6,000 all the way up there on a Monday night. 

And people say Leicester's not a football city? 

It’s expected though isn’t it? Come on we wouldn’t take half that amount if there was nothing riding on it! 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not to be rude, but its almost as if you've watched no Championship football at all.

After Southampton beat Preston 3-0, loads on here were creaming all over them and saying 'Southampton aren't going to mess this up from here'.  @Harpenden Fox pipes up pointing out they likely go to Cardiff and lose - because that's what happens in the Championship.  They lost against Cardiff and us, and the team that looked like they could smash and grab Leeds on the last day now look a dejected sorry mess. All in the space of 2 games.

Leeds had the same problem. On fire, the all of a sudden are getting low blocked to death and cant break teams down.  They cant believe how they are 4 points behind us.

NOTHING would represent the horror of Championship existence more than us muscling out West Brom, thumping Southampton, and then getting shithoused 1-0 by Preston in a low block bore fest where they have 3 shots and 1 on target with an XG of 0.18, and Fatawu skies 5 shots and Daka skuffs everything that gets near him.

Preston will present a huge amount of difficulty for us. We have to be on it, efficient and clinical, otherwise there is the danger we end up the next Southampton. Remember the same Blackburn beat Leeds 1-0. They have a pretty tasty player in that team who would love to score a famous goal against us. The same Blackburn that dumped us out of the cup last season.

I want out of the Championship. Its horrible. Don't take it for granted. EVER.

Perhaps, maybe I am more of an optimist than you.

I've never taken promotion for granted but it has been in our hands for sometime and as I say it is our title to lose.

1 hour ago, Joe90lcfc said:

It’s expected though isn’t it? Come on we wouldn’t take half that amount if there was nothing riding on it! 

In fairness we'd sold well over 4,000 even before then. It's pretty good support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe90lcfc said:

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

In fairness we'd sold well over 4,000 even before then. It's pretty good support.

We only took about 2.5k to Bolton last time when we won the League. 

To sell 5.6k is some effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Not to be rude, but its almost as if you've watched no Championship football at all.

After Southampton beat Preston 3-0, loads on here were creaming all over them and saying 'Southampton aren't going to mess this up from here'.  @Harpenden Fox pipes up pointing out they likely go to Cardiff and lose - because that's what happens in the Championship.  They lost against Cardiff and us, and the team that looked like they could smash and grab Leeds on the last day now look a dejected sorry mess. All in the space of 2 games.

Leeds had the same problem. On fire, the all of a sudden are getting low blocked to death and cant break teams down.  They cant believe how they are 4 points behind us.

NOTHING would represent the horror of Championship existence more than us muscling out West Brom, thumping Southampton, and then getting shithoused 1-0 by Preston in a low block bore fest where they have 3 shots and 1 on target with an XG of 0.18, and Fatawu skies 5 shots and Daka skuffs everything that gets near him.

Preston will present a huge amount of difficulty for us. We have to be on it, efficient and clinical, otherwise there is the danger we end up the next Southampton. Remember the same Blackburn beat Leeds 1-0. They have a pretty tasty player in that team who would love to score a famous goal against us. The same Blackburn that dumped us out of the cup last season.

This is exactly right.  Football is like that.  The Championship doubly so.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I've been saying for sometime now that this title is ours to lose. 

Teams like Preston & Blackburn shouldn't really present too much of a difficulty for us. 

Well that’s not particularly prophetic when you consider that we’ve led for almost the whole season. With 14 games to go we were 12 points ahead of second and 14 ahead of third. 

The reason we’re still talking about this now is precisely because we’ve had a pretty good try at losing it ourselves. Largely because teams similar and arguably worse, than Preston and Blackburn presented too much difficulty for us. 

We need to continue to fight for every point and avoid any more mishaps 

• Haha 1

Agree 100%. Need to be focused. Beat Preston please and no hubris from anyone before. 

Everything you’ve said is bang on, however. 

Preston’s season is over, whereas this is still a dangerous place to be, and we can’t be complacent, I expect us to ride the wave of momentum and get the job done. There’s was a sense of necessity about the performance last night, we surrendered possession and went a bit more old school. Last night was exactly how I want us to play, much quicker in the transition, and lo and behold we were utterly devastating.

Anyway………. I digress…. 

image.png.2c70552dde0bcc74a0b5bd4d6f577c3a.png

Totally agree. I’ve given up predicting a few weeks ago. In the championship and at this time in the season, any thing can and will happen. I am enjoying the moment after yesterday fantastic win 🏆 🏆🏆

It would be nice to be able to win the title at Preston so Ipswich to lose or draw.  Leeds dropping points a bonus. 

After the Southampton game we should be full of confidence - go out and play positively,   We’ll be fine.