Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Step into the not very hot not a tub. Grab a shot. Everything is going to be OK. 

Sod it, just fill the tub with tequila. Everyone's a winner.

Should be a win, but no team likes to lose their last home game. So whilst they have nothing to play for, perhaps giving their home supporters a good performance on their last home game may make it more of a challenging game. Still think 3 - 0 to Leicester if we turn up with the same attitude and performance as tonight.

6 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Well Preston were shocking against Ipswich, and that was when they had a chance of the play-offs. Can't see anything now but a Leicester win.

Bristol City

Millwall

Plymouth

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Win this and then lose the last game like we did against Brighton all those years ago when the players were quite obviously pissed lol

That was an unreal atmosphere for a defeat

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No but it was the first game after securing promotion wasn't it?

Yeah. It was quite reminiscent of that Burton home game when Futacs scored. I perished at both. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If Leeds and Ipswich win before we next play then the pressure will be back on given how our last 3 away games have gone. Final day might be one of those to take your transistor radios. 

Too many scar's. 

Does anybody have transistor radios?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bovril said:

2008, 2014, 2016 it was sealed without us kicking a ball. Hoping honestly that the same is true this year. Just get it over with. 

2008 wasn't to be fair we won it at Southend. It would be nice to do one at a game we're playing though. Give us a draw at QPR Leeds and we'll likely get it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

2008 wasn't to be fair we won it at Southend. It would be nice to do one at a game we're playing though. Give us a draw at QPR Leeds and we'll likely get it.

Ah yes you're right. Why did I think otherwise...

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I'll be there👍🏾

My away record this season is Stoke, WBA and 

Birmingham...think we won them all😎

Got a spare seat in the car 👀

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I hope the new, more positive version of Enzoball prevails. It’s seemed to me throughout the dour recent showings, that piddling around at the back only works if you strike forward really quickly. Otherwise why would you take risks drawing the opposition on to you if you’re going to wait for them to get back in position before attacking?

I’m convinced that this is what we were doing earlier in the season, then somehow lost the knack. Hopefully we’re back on track, and Enzo’s style develops a second dimension.

It's exactly what happened. Plymouth home, Hudds home, Stoke away were classic examples but we peaked too early or lost the plot whichever you prefer. Pretty sure he doesn't like the "tippy tappy shite" (as one poster summed it up) when it doesn't have purpose but it's very easy to forget he's a young manager and still learning how to get the best out of his players in what is a very hard league to remain consistent in.

• Like 1