Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

39 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Well that’s not particularly prophetic when you consider that we’ve led for almost the whole season. With 14 games to go we were 12 points ahead of second and 14 ahead of third. 

The reason we’re still talking about this now is precisely because we’ve had a pretty good try at losing it ourselves. Largely because teams similar and arguably worse, than Preston and Blackburn presented too much difficulty for us. 

We need to continue to fight for every point and avoid any more mishaps 

Exactly, the fact we were so far ahead and beating almost everything in front of us it has been our title to lose, nothing prophetic about it.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Preston are on their holidays. They e lost 3 in a row.

Their last one against Southampton 

Screenshot_20240424_212212_Google.thumb.jpg.55700c0bbb195a3921291268716b10f9.jpg

Even more reason to worry when it comes to us tbh. Would take a scrappy 1-0 win lol

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, brucey said:

Free viewing event being put on by the club. Just booked on, beats watching on a dodgy stream :)

Screenshot_20240425_113009.jpg

Looks good and nice for the fans! Think they did something similar for the Man U 1-1 match in 2015/16.

Just now, FLAN said:

Will they do ID checks we think?

I think if they’re quite obviously under 18 they’ll get turned away. If close to 18 you’ll be alright. 

just off the point for a mo, been thinking bout preston away 1979 april , and i always say it was a dealbreaker 4me. was 15 expelled from school , went all the run in games as worked cash in hand for a carpet shop who said i could work there as a proper job, it was great but it meant saturday work :( and i loved the city but hayho i was a man now hoho and had to forget such things. we played sunderland home easter sat then oldham away mon pne tuesday night , went all the run in h and a as had cash but at preston we lost 0.4 and looked in danger of div 3 , that night we sang through it all #wel support u ever more , jock wallace , 4ever n ever #etc . it was when i knew i weren't working no saturdays , got up next day cold called doorstepped every factory  i could and had job to go to in may by thursday  , gaffas hardest ? when can u start , my hardest ? u dont do saturdays do u . then it was palace home friday night with a beaming smile , i just wish we could all enjoy the bad as well as the good not leave early , supporters support. :thumbup:  give em a cheer from me on monday lads n lasses.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, leatherhead32 said:

just off the point for a mo, been thinking bout preston away 1979 april , and i always say it was a dealbreaker 4me. was 15 expelled from school , went all the run in games as worked cash in hand for a carpet shop who said i could work there as a proper job, it was great but it meant saturday work :( and i loved the city but hayho i was a man now hoho and had to forget such things. we played sunderland home easter sat then oldham away mon pne tuesday night , went all the run in h and a as had cash but at preston we lost 0.4 and looked in danger of div 3 , that night we sang through it all #wel support u ever more , jock wallace , 4ever n ever #etc . it was when i knew i weren't working no saturdays , got up next day cold called doorstepped every factory  i could and had job to go to in may by thursday  , gaffas hardest ? when can u start , my hardest ? u dont do saturdays do u . then it was palace home friday night with a beaming smile , i just wish we could all enjoy the bad as well as the good not leave early , supporters support. :thumbup:  give em a cheer from me on monday lads n lasses.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were one of my mates ... who texts me in identical language to wot you rite!  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta get the job done. No relaxing or premature celebrating until it’s certain we’ve won promotion but we should be prepared so beers on ice and all that. Let’s go foxes!

• Like 1

They’re quite a negative team, but they literally have nothing to play for. Are they really going to sit back? Or give it a go? Also unlike the Millwall and Plymouth games, they won’t have that motivation. I find in modern sport, when there’s two well match led teams are playing with differing levels of motivation, it tends to make a massive difference. Millwall and Plymouth definitely outfought us. Surely Preston won’t?

On 24/04/2024 at 15:34, David Hankey said:

I've been saying for sometime now that this title is ours to lose. 

Teams like Preston & Blackburn shouldn't really present too much of a difficulty for us. 

Like Millwall & Plymouth  🤔

• Haha 1