Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

48 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I’m getting bloody nervous for this one already - Not sure if to put the lucky socks in the wash - do you wash away the luck? 

Should always wash away what you leave on your socks. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

They’re quite a negative team, but they literally have nothing to play for. Are they really going to sit back? Or give it a go? Also unlike the Millwall and Plymouth games, they won’t have that motivation. I find in modern sport, when there’s two well match led teams are playing with differing levels of motivation, it tends to make a massive difference. Millwall and Plymouth definitely outfought us. Surely Preston won’t?

That does make an awful lot of sense & should definitely tip this in our favour.

However, on Tuesday l didn't relax until we scored our 2nd, even then, the next goal was crucial, fortunately it went our way & the party began.......l suspect this will be similar. 

Obviously tomorrow's game will have a bearing on our approach & my anxiety !

Edited by STEVIE B

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Preston

Injuries?

“No, they’re all available. Even Marc Albrighton, who was probably the only one with some problems, he’s back. Kasey is back, we gave him some minutes.”

Ricardo?

“Ricky is fine. The reason why he didn’t play against West Brom was because of problems he had before the game. Hamza’s performance was fantastic but sometimes you have to take decisions. Ricky is fine, we just chose to refresh him the last half-hour against Southampton.”

One win away. How does that feel?

“It’s a good feeling. As we said, it’s a very long season. The Championship is unbelievable. To be in the place we are now, it’s a good feeling. Before the Southampton game, we didn’t know how many points we needed. Now we know we need to win one more game.”

Preston?

“It’s the same mentality. Thinking about Preston. Then we’ll think about Blackburn. The only way now is to focus on the Preston game.”

“We know it will be a tough game. They beat Leeds, they beat Ipswich, they beat Coventry. We are trying to prepare like we have done all season.”

Watching the Leeds game?

Friday night, I usually to watch my son’s session in the Under-11s. Then we have pizza. We’ll do the same tonight, with my kids altogether. For sure I will be checking the other result. We don’t need to wait for their result because we know we just need one win.”

Seagrave then Six Hills Cafe for pizza cant beat it.

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Injuries?

“No, they’re all available. Even Marc Albrighton, who was probably the only one with some problems, he’s back. Kasey is back, we gave him some minutes.”

Ricardo?

“Ricky is fine. The reason why he didn’t play against West Brom was because of problems he had before the game. Hamza’s performance was fantastic but sometimes you have to take decisions. Ricky is fine, we just chose to refresh him the last half-hour against Southampton.”

“It’s a good feeling. As we said, it’s a very long season. The Championship is unbelievable. To be in the place we are now, it’s a good feeling. Before the Southampton game, we didn’t know how many points we needed. Now we know we need to win one more game.”

Preston?

“It’s the same mentality. Thinking about Preston. Then we’ll think about Blackburn. The only way now is to focus on the Preston game.”

“We know it will be a tough game. They beat Leeds, they beat Ipswich, they beat Coventry. We are trying to prepare like we have done all season.”

Watching the Leeds game?

“Friday night, I usually to watch my son’s session in the Under-11s. Then we have pizza. We’ll do the same tonight, with my kids altogether. For sure I will be checking the other result. We don’t need to wait for their result because we know we just need one win.”

is enzos lad playing in our under 11’s? 

surely not? 

Edited by Lambert09

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Injuries?

Ricardo?

Preston?

Watching the Leeds game?

“Friday night, I usually to watch my son’s session in the Under-11s. Then we have pizza. We’ll do the same tonight, with my kids altogether. For sure I will be checking the other result. We don’t need to wait for their result because we know we just need one win.”

Does he not know that your only allowed pizza if tou get a clean sheet? 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I went to the Preston away game around 10 - 11 years ago. I remember Paul Gallagher scoring a drop ball from the half way line but it being disallowed

2010. Same game as King scored to seal our Play-Off spot.

Was also there to see Nils-Eric Johansson score a late winner to effectively keep us up.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2024 at 12:20, ClaphamFox said:

I did it at Bruges and Seville. It wasn't so bad at Bruges as there were a few empty seats around us and it didn't feel particularly dicey. Seville was different - we really had to keep a low profile there. Not reacting to Schmeichel's penalty save or Vardy's goal was torture...

Barrie jumping up and celebrating the second goal at Bruges didn’t help but later realised there were a fair number of Leicester fans in there. You and I going undercover in Bruges tops supplied by the Bruge fans who also sold us the tickets.

• Haha 2

I’m envious of all you folks going to this game. This is it - I can feel it in my blood.

the whole team is ready and everyone wants to play. This is how it should be.

they all know we are now on the cusp of winning promotion back to the premier league. Who wouldn’t want to be involved in this game? So, energy levels will be high, nerves will be calm and they’ll just go for it.

im gonna lower my guard at the obvious risk but I honestly think we are good.

we’re gonna win both games with ease.

the wake up call happened after the Plymouth game it now seems.

27 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Barrie jumping up and celebrating the second goal at Bruges didn’t help but later realised there were a fair number of Leicester fans in there. You and I going undercover in Bruges tops supplied by the Bruge fans who also sold us the tickets.

Indeed - what a trip that was. It's probably my favourite of all the away CL trips, although Porto and Seville run it pretty close....

• Like 1

Love a bit of ‘circle

of life’ stuff. Went with my mates and saw us clinch promotion in 80s away at Orient and home to Burnley, (I think it was Burnley). Now my lad has the opportunity to witness a promotion night with his mates live on Monday. There will, (hopefully),  be a popping cork and a shared comparison or two in the TrentFox household on his return the following day…… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Rudkin sorted it as part of his contract 

the kid is six

£70,000 a week apparently with an option to play until he's 8. 

Rudkin at his best! 

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Haha 1