Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Friday or Monday for promotion.

On 24/04/2024 at 19:49, ElusiveEd said:

Sensible head says Friday

Irresponsible, selfish, un-sensible heart longs for Monday, purely for the atmosphere and party vibe.

Then the Blackburn game to clinch the title and get the trophy

Plus the last thing we want is those idiot pundits saying QPR got us promoted!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Hubris is the downfall of many a hero.

I can't quite believe all the people saying we're promoted already.

Probably the same ones who said we were promoted and uncatchable 4 months ago.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Hubris is the downfall of many a hero.

I can't quite believe all the people saying we're promoted already.

It’s unbelievable. Whenever I read fans of other clubs describe our fanbase as arrogant and entitled, I instinctively dismiss it as unfair and untrue. Then I read threads like this and I’m not so sure…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

The pundits could say we got promoted because of Jon Rudkin for all I care 😜

Steady on. 
Ideally for me I’d like the promotion confirmed today and then Ipswich push us to need a win v Blackburn for the title. We go 2-0 down but recover with a second half hat trick from Vardy. Albrighton comes on with five minutes to go and gets the cherry on the cake with a brilliant individual goal dribbling from the edge of his own box and hammering in a 30 yarder . 
On the final whistle Robert Huth sprints onto the pitch and takes a free kick which goes so wide it hits Rudkin in the face and knocks him out cold. Rudkin is then brought to the centre circle to be awoken with a bucket of cold piss thrown on him and presented with a giant p45. The crowd cheers. 

3 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

Steady on. 
Ideally for me I’d like the promotion confirmed today and then Ipswich push us to need a win v Blackburn for the title. We go 2-0 down but recover with a second half hat trick from Vardy. Albrighton comes on with five minutes to go and gets the cherry on the cake with a brilliant individual goal dribbling from the edge of his own box and hammering in a 30 yarder . 
On the final whistle Robert Huth sprints onto the pitch and takes a free kick which goes so wide it hits Rudkin in the face and knocks him out cold. Rudkin is then brought to the centre circle to be awoken with a bucket of cold piss thrown on him and presented with a giant p45. The crowd cheers. 

Then can we all dance to Voulez-Vous in SK1 again?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ely fox said:

I’ve been looking at the championship table and the remaining fixtures for ALL the teams. But my bet would be that Birmingham City might just sneak into the play offs. 

I really wouldn’t go putting money on this, just my advice, each to their own :whistle:

• Haha 2

When Chelsea helped us to secure the title back in 2016 by preventing a Spurs win, I don't recall too many City fans complaining. So why on earth would we not want a similar situation to occur this evening? In an era when kick-off times aren't all at the same time on the same day (except for the last day of the season), this sort of thing is always very likely to happen. In fact, from a safety point of view, it may even be preferable.     

Edited by String fellow