Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Friday or Monday for promotion.

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

2014 we won the title ourselves by beating Bolton 1-0 but can't remember if we were already guaranteed promotion by that point. Promotion secured Friday, title secured at Preston would be perfect 

We beat Sheffield Wednesday, but needed Bournemouth to beat QPR to confirm promotion, which they did.

11 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

We beat Sheffield Wednesday, but needed Bournemouth to beat QPR to confirm promotion, which they did.

So the Bolton game just confirmed the title?

Friday so we get 12 more threads debating how many points we think will be deducted in the Prem before kicking off the new season, and we can stop saying if / when, on the subject off promotion.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Monday for me.

It's been a while since we won a league on the pitch so I'd like that again, preferably vs Blackburn.

This is why i've asked the question in the maths thread.

Basically I want promotion wrapped up asap, I can't be dealing with anymore anxiety, but it'd be nice to win the league and have some jeopardy on the last game at home v Blackburn, if that is possible?

• Like 1

Ideally - Get promotion done Friday, one party, recover by Monday, win League Monday with a winning goal of our own to savour,  another party, Blackburn can then be a pre, during and post match celebration of all things City, who knows, Vardy, Birch, Albrighton, Rusty Lee, all may be winding down and waving goodbye. Then watch the c*** from the Football League give us the trophy which we swiftly pawn to bring us in line with FFP for this season. Sorted

:schmike:

• Haha 4

As soon as possible for me. I’ll never understand how winning promotion when we’re playing somehow makes it more special. I’d rather go to Preston with premier league status secured and fighting for a bonus trophy. But that’s just me. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is why i've asked the question in the maths thread.

Basically I want promotion wrapped up asap, I can't be dealing with anymore anxiety, but it'd be nice to win the league and have some jeopardy on the last game at home v Blackburn, if that is possible?

Leeds draw or Ipswich draw both, we lose 1-0. 3 points clear of both Leeds and Ipswich, +3 GD v Leeds and +16 to Ipswich going into the final day. Not mathematically certain but pretty much.

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

As soon as possible for me. I’ll never understand how winning promotion when we’re playing somehow makes it more special. I’d rather go to Preston with premier league status secured and fighting for a bonus trophy. But that’s just me. 

Id say Vardys house party watching the match looked way more fun than a few players dancing around the pitch, the atmosphere on that home game against Everton for the title presentation was buzzing. It was also a fun atmosphere v QPR in the 5-1 last day of the season great escape season in 2015.

• Like 2