Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Spend Spend Spend

Spend big or not  

355 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you want us to do?

• Small amount and prey but sort out ffp
    • Just spend and worry about sanctions later.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I’d genuinely look at selling McAteer and Wanya if got a nice little wedge as would be 100% profit and don’t think they’re to the standard we want to be.

That's probably £5million max minus agents fees.

2 squad players  we then need to  replace. 

46 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

But if we need to buy 5 players at 20 -30 million each that is still £20 million a year for the next 5 years. If we don't have to buy as many players we might not need to sell KDH for that £20 -30 million we would probably get for him

Who says we spend 20-30 mil per player? We should be raiding free transfers, top end championship players, those from relegated clubs and loans. 

Max punishment is realistically 8 points, if the claims are true and KP are not scared of spending, just ignore the rules, but this has to be all in.  Build a squad so good alongside a suitable manager and the 8 points will be just a cost of doing business.

If they would only spend a little over the limits, then comply as the rules are written whilst also continuing the legal action to get the game in a fairer state.

Personally as an example I think selling KDH would make us a worse team, we would struggle to replace him with the money never mind buy multiple players alongside the replacement.  In the case of compliance I would rather go down keeping the squad together, than bringing in some replacements who wont be up to the job anyway.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You might be right but on here it gets quoted that we can’t move a lot of players on because they’re on too much.

Kasey and Wanya surely wouldn’t be, it’s pure profit and I genuinely other clubs who seem to get top dollar for their academy/squad players.

Kasey surely did himself no harm in his purple patch for suitors?

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Who says we spend 20-30 mil per player? We should be raiding free transfers, top end championship players, those from relegated clubs and loans. 

Top end championship players go for £20-30 million now days, yes free transfers but that was sort of my point of we may as well keep what we already have and loans are much harder now we are in the prem because no prem team is going to want to loan to us 

13 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Top end championship players go for £20-30 million now days, yes free transfers but that was sort of my point of we may as well keep what we already have and loans are much harder now we are in the prem because no prem team is going to want to loan to us 

Hamer went for 15m which is about as top end as you want to pay. Lots of options on the continent too. 

Guest leatherhead32
3 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I’m guessing we need to sell someone like KDH in order to help clear any FFP then hopefully we can sensibly spend a little on some players and hope the scouts get it right!

would be well pd off with that , back to the days of selling lads who are local and have got summut or came by the ranks , harvey was a shame to say least and kdh is a great kid

Not many of our really big money signings have worked out. Tielemans was good for a while, then a bit average, then ran his contract down so one way or another cost the club a packet. Can’t remember what Maddison cost, but obviously a good signing. Anyone else? Most of the rest were expensive failures if I’m remembering right.

Develop some of the promising youngsters, find a few gems if we can on the cheap, and just try to stay in the PL for the next 2 or 3 seasons until our finances have stabilised. See during this time whether our recruitment looks as if it can be trusted with larger sums to try to get back to Europe. That trust will need to be earned.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

8 hours ago, Bazly said:

According to press pundits, the EPL has yet to rule on whether to lift or uphold the contracts embargo.

If the embargo holds then no new contracts can be entered into, including for those players like Vardy and Ndidi and Lurch whose contracts are ending. Then, to help lessen the financial breaches which will bring their own sanctions then money is needed from player sales.

Any “press” that have published that are doing so for clicks and haven’t even read the EFL transfer ban wording. That’s causing you to repeat some very poor information and quite incorrect.

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt very much that it's enforceable in Law. Some of the legal eagles on here can explain more than me.

The ban is against the Club from signing new players.

The players already with the club have a right to negotiate new deals each season otherwise it can be seen as a restraint of trade which is illegal in Law.

It's a ban on registrations, not signings. To sign a contract you have to register the player with the league. The grey area is whether that applies to those already under contract because you're extending their registration.

Whilst it's criminal to let players constantly leave on frees (another summer exodus will cost us around another £90m) if we re-sign the likes of Vesty and Praet, even Vardy on their current wages we really haven't learnt anything about how we got into this mess.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's a ban on registrations, not signings. To sign a contract you have to register the player with the league. The grey area is whether that applies to those already under contract because you're extending their registration.

Whilst it's criminal to let players constantly leave on frees (another summer exodus will cost us around another £90m) if we re-sign the likes of Vesty and Praet, even Vardy on their current wages we really haven't learnt anything about how we got into this mess.

But isn’t it the total amortised transfer fee plus wages that counts against FFP? If there is no transfer fee, the player can be paid more, or alternatively can be awarded some sort of re-signing fee. A replacement would require a transfer fee plus wages, plus is an unknown quantity.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

56 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I wouldn't sign Praet but the issue is if you want to attract and keep  players of the kailiber of Vardy you have to pay the wages. Unfortunately we got into the business of paying rubbish players high wages. Would fans have wanted us to let Vardy go to Arsenal in 2017? As that's what would have happened if we didn't match/compete on the wages. That was also under Vichai which dispels the myth this would never have happened under him. The reality is FFP rules are a load of shit, my view would be treat them as such. The maximum deduction is 8 points, get a team together that can win 3 more games than a team that sells our best players! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I wouldn't sign Praet but the issue is if you want to attract and keep  players of the kailiber of Vardy you have to pay the wages. Unfortunately we got into the business of paying rubbish players high wages. Would fans have wanted us to let Vardy go to Arsenal in 2017? As that's what would have happened if we didn't match/compete on the wages. That was also under Vichai which dispels the myth this would never have happened under him. The reality is FFP rules are a load of shit, my view would be treat them as such. The maximum deduction is 8 points, get a team together that can win 3 more games than a team that sells our best players! 

The issue isn’t what we have paid Vardy though mate, he’s undeniably our GOAT.

It’s the dross that we’ve overpaid in 90% of most cases.

We ripped up the model that got us success (buy cheap, unproven youngsters with an ability to resale) for expensive/overpaid dross that we can’t move on.

I’m fully aware of Brighton’s below average season but take them as an example, clear wage structure with Dunk (academy player turned captain) being handsomely rewarded for his commitment to the cause.

Whilst their 30m summer signing of Pedro (who has since been capped by Brazil) is allegedly on less than 60k p/w or as we call it in Leicester, Hamza money 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but our mismanagement had so many holes in it, where was the motivation to improve for such a high % of our new signings?

Madders and Fofana getting new deals based on their performance with us made complete sense, signing Perez on an alleged 90k p/w definitely didn’t.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No my point with Vardy isn't the "worth it" argument as with him it's unquestionable but we can't be paying a guy who turns 38 £140k a week on what is virtually now a rolling year-to-year deal. With the rest, they should never have been on that money. We completely lost our heads in terms of value. We need to reset and set new benchmarks on wages going forward. We can't be stuck with the likes of Ward, Bertrand, Praet etc because no-one else will pay their wages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

They're not really good enough squad players in the Championship sadly so we may as well get the 5m and save whatever wages they were on. There are only so many places in the squad and Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke are worthy successors. There'll be others. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

This poll means nothing if the Premier League take a leaf out of EFL's book and extends our transfer embargo.

But say they don't, spend a little and pray. Worked around 10 years ago!

They didn't do that for Everton or Forest so why do it for us.