Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Spend Spend Spend

Spend big or not  

355 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you want us to do?

• Small amount and prey but sort out ffp
    • Just spend and worry about sanctions later.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

100% its not how much you spend its how you spend it.

I think Glover has done a good job so far, some shrewd bits of business.

We also need to lean heavily on developing our own, Barnes, Chilwell and KDH have shown how effective the can be.

We need to develop both for the 1st team and to sell.

We need to blood, Alves and Braybrooke and continue the development of Nelson, McAteer and Wanya.

I’d genuinely look at selling McAteer and Wanya if got a nice little wedge as would be 100% profit and don’t think they’re to the standard we want to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt very much that it's enforceable in Law. Some of the legal eagles on here can explain more than me.

The ban is against the Club from signing new players.

The players already with the club have a right to negotiate new deals each season otherwise it can be seen as a restraint of trade which is illegal in Law.

If you look at the EFL embargo rules we can still offer new contracts to existing players and it also states if we have less than 24 established players we can also offer contracts to new players.

An established player is defined as over 21 before 30th June of the new season.

Not sure how this holds up in EPL.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I’m guessing we need to sell someone like KDH in order to help clear any FFP then hopefully we can sensibly spend a little on some players and hope the scouts get it right!

Depends who elese we can move on, if we can somehow move on the likes of Daka, Soumare, Souttar and Kristiansen first.

Difficult but they should be the first port of call.

• Like 1

Seems the answer is break as many rules as you can as it will take so long for them to take action against you.

It has to come to a point where a club could challenges points deduction on the basis that say man city have 100 plus points deduction in  5 years that impact on a team that has point deducted and had consequence while another team investigated before them has yet to be resolved, so there is an argument that any club who has points deducted they should not be actioned until the outcome of an investigation into club started before the club who points deducted has been resolved, then all are getting equal treatment, which is not happening at the moment.

• Like 1

Spend wisely.

Three questions when considering taking on a new employee:

1.  Can they do the job

2.  Will they love the job

3.  Will they fit in.

I've recruited before and can't emphasise (3) enough.  So our recruitment has to be competent.  No point paying megabucks for a talented square peg in a round hole.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bazly said:

According to press pundits, the EPL has yet to rule on whether to lift or uphold the contracts embargo.

If the embargo holds then no new contracts can be entered into, including for those players like Vardy and Ndidi and Lurch whose contracts are ending. Then, to help lessen the financial breaches which will bring their own sanctions then money is needed from player sales.

That is quite frankly, incorrect. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The rules are based on the assumption that ‘excessive’ spend equals sporting advantage. We bucked that trend in spectacular fashion. So if we gained no sporting advantage, and had the spend of a team that matched our previous league position (ie 7th or 8th, which we did), why should we be punished? 

Might be an argument if we didn’t also overspend and announce huge losses the season before also when finishing 8th. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I think

• You let all the big earner final year contract players go (Ndidi, Nacho, Vesty, Preat, Sharky).
  • Let Yunus go but buy Fatawu, assuming we probably won't hang onto for more than 1 year.
  • Sell or Loan the older fringe academy players (Kasey, Brunt,  Marcal etc). Don't leave any hanging around that we know aren't going to make PL standard next year.
  • Spend between now and preseason getting Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson ready. And i mean READY. They are key to the next stage and if they are not ready they have to go on loan, but they must be ready. Back 3 needs to be Coady, Faes and Nelson. Braybrooke needs to be rotating with Winks and maybe playing the Ndidi role.
  • Sell KDH and Daka.
  • Keep Vardy

Dunno what happens with Soumare and Viktor. Sounds like Vik is going to be bought but imagine Soumare will be grinning from ear to ear in a photo on the LCFC site 1st day of pre season. Can Soumare be an Enzo redemption project (:ph34r:)

From there on you raid the free xfer market, top tier championship players or relegated players (Hamer, McAtee). Hope there are also some loan options on the table too from Man City relationships and the amazing place Fatawu came from. Gotta get the like of Tielemans and Maddisons out of our heads now.

Losing KDH is fine as long as we have someone creative in there to replace. The engine room will come from the wings and the youth players.

You want us to start next season with half a team?! We give vardy, ndidi and vesterguard new contracts, and buy fatawu . If we do very little business coming in other than that so be it we need to keep the core of this team together 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I think

• You let all the big earner final year contract players go (Ndidi, Nacho, Vesty, Preat, Sharky).
  • Let Yunus go but buy Fatawu, assuming we probably won't hang onto for more than 1 year.
  • Sell or Loan the older fringe academy players (Kasey, Brunt,  Marcal etc). Don't leave any hanging around that we know aren't going to make PL standard next year.
  • Spend between now and preseason getting Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson ready. And i mean READY. They are key to the next stage and if they are not ready they have to go on loan, but they must be ready. Back 3 needs to be Coady, Faes and Nelson. Braybrooke needs to be rotating with Winks and maybe playing the Ndidi role.
  • Sell KDH and Daka.
  • Keep Vardy

Dunno what happens with Soumare and Viktor. Sounds like Vik is going to be bought but imagine Soumare will be grinning from ear to ear in a photo on the LCFC site 1st day of pre season. Can Soumare be an Enzo redemption project (:ph34r:)

From there on you raid the free xfer market, top tier championship players or relegated players (Hamer, McAtee). Hope there are also some loan options on the table too from Man City relationships and the amazing place Fatawu came from. Gotta get the like of Tielemans and Maddisons out of our heads now.

Losing KDH is fine as long as we have someone creative in there to replace. The engine room will come from the wings and the youth players.

:(

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

You want us to start next season with half a team?! We give vardy, ndidi and vesterguard new contracts, and buy fatawu . If we do very little business coming in other than that so be it we need to keep the core of this team together 

Your option only keeps 2 more players, both who command over inflated wages. If Vesty and Ndidi happy to take significant pay cuts then I’m all game. Will guarantee you that’s not the case. 

We need to get wages under control. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Your option only keeps 2 more players, both who command over inflated wages. If Vesty and Ndidi happy to take significant pay cuts then I’m all game. Will guarantee you that’s not the case. 

We need to get wages under control. 

Yes no definitely if they will take reduced contract I just think letting that many walk for free when replacing them is going to cost us upwards of £20 million each is risky

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes no definitely if they will take reduced contract I just think letting that many walk for free when replacing them is going to cost us upwards of £20 million each is risky

Xfer fees aren’t the issue as long as we sell KDH (as long as they are reasonable). You can amortise over 5 year contracts and if you buy the right players they can make a profit. Just make sure you pay reasonable wages and not what we have paid daka/bouba/praet. 

Danger with Ndidi and Vesty is they can get signing on bonuses elsewhere, so if we offer new deals they will want compensating. 

1 hour ago, trooky said:

If you look at the EFL embargo rules we can still offer new contracts to existing players and it also states if we have less than 24 established players we can also offer contracts to new players.

An established player is defined as over 21 before 30th June of the new season.

Not sure how this holds up in EPL.

That seems much more logical and avoids them breaking the Law. So I guess we can offer Vardy and Wilf new Contracts if we have a mind too.

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Xfer fees aren’t the issue as long as we sell KDH (as long as they are reasonable). You can amortise over 5 year contracts and if you buy the right players they can make a profit. Just make sure you pay reasonable wages and not what we have paid daka/bouba/praet. 

Danger with Ndidi and Vesty is they can get signing on bonuses elsewhere, so if we offer new deals they will want compensating. 

But if we need to buy 5 players at 20 -30 million each that is still £20 million a year for the next 5 years. If we don't have to buy as many players we might not need to sell KDH for that £20 -30 million we would probably get for him

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Can we buy King Power International for a pound and sell it for a billion on something like the corrupt 6? Sell some hotels or something? Buy everyone through Leuven and loan them? Has to be some corruption? Who can we pay off? 

Leuven are lining up a double raid for Ward and Daka, £80m each.