Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Percy article enzo set to stay, vardy and vesty new deals

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, I’m not happy with this. His lack of pace, especially, is gonna be horrific to watch.

I see it as good for numbers in the squad but I hope we strengthen defence.

We're not going to ask Vesty to play in a high back line. His passing range is a massive attacking asset.

Enzo Maresca promises to lead Leicester’s Premier League campaign

Manager has been courted by clubs in Europe but has held talks with Srivaddhanaprabha about the plans for Leicester’s most important players

John Percy 14 May 2024 • 8:04pm

Enzo Maresca is planning for the Premier League with Leicester City after assuring senior officials of his commitment to the club.

The manager will reject offers from European clubs this summer to fully focus on establishing the Championship title winners back in the top division.

Despite leading the club to promotion, there have been some doubts over the 44-year-old Italian’s future with the club facing punishment for breaching financial rules.

Leicester were charged by the Premier League with an alleged breach of Profitability and Sustainability Rules [PSR] in March and could start the new season with a points deduction.

That uncertainty has alerted clubs over Maresca’s availability, with Sevilla, Porto and other clubs abroad monitoring the former Manchester City coach ahead of the 2024-25 season.

Yet Maresca held talks with Leicester’s chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha during a post-season trip to Monaco and is in advanced talks over plans for the summer.

Leicester are finalising a pre-season training camp in Europe and Maresca has advised on new contracts for leading scorer Jamie Vardy and Denmark international Jannik Vestergaard.

Abdul Fatawa, the loan signing from Sporting, is poised to complete a permanent move this summer for about £14m.

Leicester are under a transfer embargo imposed by the Football League for alleged breaches of PSR. That embargo restricts clubs from negotiating new contracts but the ban will be lifted next month and Leicester are likely to accelerate talks then.

Vardy is expected to sign a fresh 12-month deal after initial talks with the club hierarchy.

The former England international will be 38 in January but underlined his importance to Maresca’s squad in the final months of the season.

Maresca has also pushed for Vardy to be offered new terms and an agreement is said to be close.

Vestergaard is also poised to sign a new deal after revitalising his Leicester career in the past 12 months under the Italian.

Manchester City defender Callum Doyle and Galatasaray winger Yunus Akgun will return to their parent clubs after their loan deals.

Leicester must also make decisions on the futures of a number of other players out of contract.

Marc Albrighton, one of the club’s few remaining title winners from 2015/16, is set to leave while the futures of Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Dennis Praet are also uncertain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I think we will play Ndidi as a CB next year. Enzo said something about him having a different role next season.

I know he has got to sign a new contract. 

I really hope not! Seen enough of him under Rodgers in that position to know how many points it cost us.

2 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I think we will play Ndidi as a CB next year. Enzo said something about him having a different role next season.

I know he has got to sign a new contract. 

Not a chance. A ‘centre back’ pairing of Ndidi and Vestergaard in the Prem, along with a points deduction = Derby losing their crown as worst team in history 

• Like 1

I think Vestergaard probably re-signs on a lower wage. He’s not going to get offered 60k elsewhere and he’d want to stay here after last season. 

Provided Rudkin hasn’t been completely stupid we could come out of it well.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Enzo and Vards yes, but Vesty absolutely not. It would be a colossal error to have him anywhere near the squad next season.  

Do you think we’d be able to buy another centre half with his passing range? 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

He deserves it after last season under a manager who has tactics suitable for his style and sloth.

But he’s played in the prem before and was awful? You can’t just suddenly get given pace to deal with the faster attackers and wingers in the prem.

its like we are signing a suicide note.

23 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

If we are resigning Vestergaard, then you'd hope we'd sign someone quicker than him at CB. Like Casemiro. 

?

You talking about Casimero the midfielder?